Jon Jones Destroyed Shogun after just 3 years of MMA training. he was still a rookie back then

other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage
all old and injured.

shogun was never the same after coleman.

there have been a couple flashes but meh, he hasnt been an elite lhw in many many years

Last edited:
Did I say all injuries are created equal? a lot of fighters torn their Acl like Conor and Cruz but they still bounce back and keep evolving

GSP tore his ACL.... are you trying to tell me this didn't affect GSP at all?

The relevant info is with how many years of steroids at that point.

His crying explanation was that he’s taken the same supplements his entire career = taken steroids his entire career

it didnt, thats why he look great against condit
That's interesting because I said GSP looked off from the first shot for a TD that GSP went for against Condit. His explosiveness was not the same.

That's interesting because I said GSP looked off from the first shot for a TD that GSP went for against Condit. His explosiveness was not the same.
Gsp was still in his prime, maybe not at his peak but he was still in his prime.

there is literally not one fan who doesn't acknowledge that he's a really, really good* fighter.

we don't need daily fucking threads saying that rain is wet.

That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage
Yeahh then he got caught on steroids twice putting everything he accomplished into question.
Fake champion.

This thread need stfu. Jones vs shogun was in no way fair competition , the advantage soley in jones favour.

I love how keyboard warriors tend to be Jones fans. Shogun has had a legendary career, knocked out Machida on top of his game. You cant stay at the top forever and he still put up perhaps the greatest 5 round fight ever with Hendo. Fuck you fairweather bitches lol. Jones started the next generation of fighters at LHW. Which basically means just him, DC and Gus juggling for number 1. And you all are eating out of whoever's hand that your dickriding.

Liongoat Tall Abbott Tony Smith beat Shogun as well. As he told Chael fought in car wrecking yards and all kinds of places.

Brian Stann talks in a video about when Bones first appeared at Jack/Wink and was greener than green. He would watch Youtube to get ready for stand up sparring days. And on the days they learned jiu jitsu he didnt know shit, but when he would learn a move, he would proceed to submit the entire room with that move. And thats how it went as he learned more. Considering the room full of guys he had around, thats impressive.

Cheating aside, the dude took to the sport very naturally, almost on par with BJ and what he accomplished in BJJ in just 3yrs.

Everyone was shot when they fought jones according to his deniers/haters.

Which fighters were in their prime when they fought Jones? Of those fighters, which ones were not bloated MWs?

Back