Jon Jones breaks down why he is ahead of Khabib in the GOAT conversation

Yeah wins against legends like rampage, rashad evans, ryan badder, dc 2x, viktor belfort are nothing conpared to wins against Mcgregor and Dustin "the fucking legend" poirier
<36>

Only win that jones has on that list that is comparable to Conrat and Poirier is DC.

Conrat + Poirier > DC

Khabib 2 - 1 Jones

Khabib Bless

I know khabib gave sherdog some good mcgregor gifs and let's say that earns him a couple of spots on the goat list..

He's still not close..

I've been a long time Khabib fan, but Jones is just on a another level as of 2020.

If you assume that each and every fighter in the UFC is on something, then Jones is definitely in front of Khabib.

But it's not the fact that so many people rate Jones' as the greatest which makes him so good.

After all, many people think Cristiano Ronaldo is the best footballer in the world, and that's not the case.
Again, based upon what? If someone disagrees with you, they are automatically wrong. That's your reasoning? The greatest _________ of all time is always going to be subjective. You can't compare eras and to a certain extent, individuals (different weight classes, level of competition, different positions in the case of soccer, etc...) without some form of bias. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Only win that jones has on that list that is comparable to Conrat and Poirier is DC.

Conrat + Poirier > DC

Khabib 2 - 1 Jones

Khabib Bless
Keep coping you blind fanboy. Mcgregor is good but Dustin fucking overrated as fuck. You're a new blind biased fanboy if you think Mcgregor + Dustin are better than Dc+Evans+Rampage+Machida+Rua+Belfort+Badder. When the fuck did you started watching Ufc? 3-5 Years ago? Do you even know who those fighters are that I listed?

Again, based upon what? If someone disagrees with you, they are automatically wrong. That's your reasoning? The greatest _________ of all time is always going to be subjective. You can't compare eras and to a certain extent, individuals (different weight classes, level of competition, different positions in the case of soccer, etc...) without some form of bias. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp.
To which exact point are you referring to man?
I don't know, since you've quoted my whole post. If you'll tell me what exactly you mean, then i'll answer you as good as i can.

In addition to the cheating and the wear and tear on some of Jones' more famous opponents, Jones has been gifted two of his wins, versus one for Khabib.

Says he doesn’t wanna insult these other martial artists, but right before that says his stand up game is really not much to write home about. This nibba... everyday....
tenor.gif

Why do you feel the need to bring race into the conversation ?

Khabibs stand up game is way better than Jones.

And the only thing Jones is ahead of Khabib in is doing roids.

Uh, you don't say? he's not a more skilled wrestler though, definitely not p4p.

If you think so? That's not an argument though.

Last time i've checked, Jones has wrestled in highschool as well, but it doesn't really matter.

So, in other words: Jones is simple someone who's good at something because he's good at something? lol.

Nope man. What counts is the reality. If i'd follow your flawed logic, BJ Penn would've been the best fighter of all time (or at least amongst the top) because he was so gifted.
Also, MMA is amongst the sports where natural talent is comparably little required.
If someone is both very disciplined and smart, chances are he's better suited for MMA than some of those "talented" guys.

But anyways, you can talk about Jones being so supremely talented all you want, after all, he's not as good of a wrestler as Khabib is.
If GSP or Jones chose to fight with Khabib's style, they would do it better and look better at doing it as well. This is because they are superior, they have the same level of work as well as the grace and such I was talking about.

Khabib is not as good of a wrestler as Jones is. He does not defeat olympic level wrestlers. He hasn't even fought any, let alone completely dominated them. He doesn't look as good and he can't even pull his style off as well as men like GSP, Jones, shit Might Mouse would be better at khabibs style if he chose to do it.

Khabib is clunky and genetically inferior.

Khabib is nowhere neat GOAT, he has not beat enough top guys and only has 1 title defense, let him defend the belt 15+ times and then we can talk.
While i agree, i gotta say that i don't think Khabib needs as many title defenses to be in that conversation. I don't think any of the recent champs is going to be able to do so anyway, mainly because of how much MMA has evolved.
When guys like Silva, St-Pierre and Emelianenko were champion, the skill-sets of many fighters where not as complete as they are today and i think we should also take into consideration that lightweight has arguably the by far biggest talentpool amongst all divisions.
I mean if you look at the landscape of most divisions, especially lightweight, you'll hardly find a ranked fighter who is really flawed in any of the fundamentals.
I think if Khabib adds another 3-4 really good wins to his resume, he's at least amongst the greatest fighters of all time.

And the only thing Jones is ahead of Khabib in is doing roids.
Yeah let's just ignore this list
  1. Jon Jones became champion when he was 23 years old
  2. Won 2 times the Ufc LH title
  3. Defended 10 times his title (11 in a few days)
  4. Dominated the LH division since 2011
  5. Fought against guys with big names (Badder, DC, Evans, Jackson, Machida, Belfort)
Jones >>>>>> Khabib

GSP is the version of Khabib that has a natural rather than nurtured look to his movements. Understand, I am NOT saying that there is such a thing as "natural" ability, all ability must be trained and refined over years. What I'm talking about is the grace of movement, the ballet-like brilliance of performance when they display their agility and skill and ability.

Khabib looks clunky and ungraceful in his wrestling even when he is dominating the other man. He is a clunky nurtured non-fluid no grace having man who is extremely well trained.

GSP and Jones move with the brilliant grace of a ballet dancer, their striking and wrestling and martial ability is as natural and fluid as walking or breathing is to them. Khabib does NOT LOOK LIKE THIS AT ALL, EVER. He does not have the same brilliance.

You have to look at more than just statistics when looking at this stuff.
I understand your point, but don't tell me jones striking looks graceful lmao

Keep coping you blind fanboy. Mcgregor is good but Dustin fucking overrated as fuck. You're a new blind biased fanboy if you think Mcgregor + Dustin are better than Dc+Evans+Rampage+Machida+Rua+Belfort+Badder. When the fuck did you started watching Ufc? 3-5 Years ago? Do you even know who those fighters are that I listed?
I have been watching mma since before you even were in your dad's ballsack kid :D

Conrat, RDA & Poirier shit all over on those overrated, unathletic fighters you just named. Period.

Only good win there is DC

Conrat + RDA + Poirier > DC

Khabib 3 - 1 Jones

Khabib Bless

He’s not wrong, but there’s a clear argument for both sides. We’re at a point where I wouldn’t blame anyone for going either way, but they both still have some key fights to take on. Khabib vs t ferg is huge. And if jones moves up to HW that’s huge too. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

If Khabib's stand-up is inferior to Jones, but his wrestling control is so much more dominant it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter. It's about the results. He's right about the resume, for now, but if Khabib grinds Ferguson into dust, does it to Conor again, and does it to all the best they throw at him, at some point that argument goes away, as well. He's right, for right now, and, as with all GOAT discussions, time will tell.

Khabib needs like 8 additional top 5 victories to even enter the conversation.

That's if we take Jones' resume for what it is and ignore the PED thing. It's quite black and white, either you consider it and you may rank him however you want, or you don't and Jones blows Khabib out of the water.

I understand your point, but don't tell me jones striking looks graceful lmao
Have you seen his sweeps and movement and teeps? Very beautiful martial prowess.There is nothing Khabib has ever done that looks as effortless and graceful.

His boxing is garbagio tho

I have been watching mma since before you even were in your dad's ballsack kid :D

Conrat, RDA & Poirier shit all over on those overrated, unathletic fighters you just named. Period.

Only good win there is DC

Conrat + RDA + Poirier > DC

Khabib 3 - 1 Jones

Khabib Bless
keep coping you little low iq troll. It makes me smile. #JonJonesBless
<JonesLaugh>

Back