Jon Jones breaks down why he is ahead of Khabib in the GOAT conversation

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Timestamped:

"If you were to ask some MMA experts about myself and Khabib, I think most people would be able to tell our resumes are completely different. I’ve fought so many world champions under my belt that I’ve defeated. Khabib, a lot of his victories are against a lot of people that are relatively unknown, I’ve been fighting legends since I was a young man in my early 20s.”

“His stand-up game is really not much to write home about. I really don’t want to insult my fellow martial artists. I don’t want to insult these guys. I’m happy for everyone. Like I said, some guys are more popular, some guys make more money. It’s always gonna be kind of an opinion thing, but by the time I leave this sport I don’t think there’s gonna be much of an argument."

<JonesLaugh>

He’s not wrong, but there’s a clear argument for both sides. We’re at a point where I wouldn’t blame anyone for going either way, but they both still have some key fights to take on. Khabib vs t ferg is huge. And if jones moves up to HW that’s huge too. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

If you assume that each and every fighter in the UFC is on something, then Jones is definitely in front of Khabib.

But it's not the fact that so many people rate Jones' as the greatest which makes him so good.

After all, many people think Cristiano Ronaldo is the best footballer in the world, and that's not the case.

Jones would've been the unquestionable GOAT had he not been "pulsing" for who knows how long

Failing drug tests really lowers you on the totem pole, just look at Anderson.

Khabib isn't even close to Jones resume wise

One has a HUGE asterisk next to his name and the other doesn’t....tough choice

4D880711-3C7C-49F8-8640-14202011D1D8.gif

Both pale in comparison to the one true GOAT..

%25D0%25A4%25D0%2595%25D0%2594%25D0%25AF%25D0%2595.gif

Timestamped:

"If you were to ask some MMA experts about myself and Khabib, I think most people would be able to tell our resumes are completely different. I’ve fought so many world champions under my belt that I’ve defeated. Khabib, a lot of his victories are against a lot of people that are relatively unknown, I’ve been fighting legends since I was a young man in my early 20s.”

“His stand-up game is really not much to write home about. I really don’t want to insult my fellow martial artists. I don’t want to insult these guys. I’m happy for everyone. Like I said, some guys are more popular, some guys make more money. It’s always gonna be kind of an opinion thing, but by the time I leave this sport I don’t think there’s gonna be much of an argument."

<JonesLaugh>

He would have been an absolute goat. If he wasn’t suspended for cheating couple times. At this point it’s a moot point on how good he is when it’s known that he Roids.

Khabib is not even in the top 5 GOATS. Maybe in the top 10.

His resume is a joke compared to Jones. How many world champions has Khabib beaten?

Jones has a deeper resume and a superior skillset and is a physically more dominant, heavier man who would beat khabib in a fight 100/100 times.

Khabib's wrestling and grappling isn't even as good as Jones' is pound for pound. Jones is superior to Khabib in every facet - he is a better wrestler, grappler, judoka, AND striker.

He is superior, obviously, why is this a conversation?

Khabib is a great fighter but cmon, I might honestly have Cejudo over Khabib if we're talking P4P.

Khabib has no argument over Jon Jones unless you want to bring up PEDs.

Max knows nothing about MMA, did he just say Jon is known as a striker?

He’s just so self unaware and a complete narcissist at the same time. It’s quite the paradox.

Poor form, Jon.

Jones has a deeper resume and a superior skillset and is a physically more dominant, heavier man who would beat khabib in a fight 100/100 times.

Khabib's wrestling and grappling isn't even as good as Jones' is pound for pound. Jones is superior to Khabib in every facet - he is a better wrestler, grappler, judoka, AND striker.

Jones fought old celebrity fighters.
He just fought declining names.

Khabib Bless

Khabib's wrestling and grappling isn't even as good as Jones' is pound for pound.
Completely disagree.
Khabib nearly relies completely on wrestling alone and comes out unscathed in fights, while he's making his opponents look like they don't belong in there with him.

Yes, Jon Jones has taken down Daniel Cormier, but Khabib shows his wrestling more consistently.

Beeb also fights in a division which has a talentpool that's like four times as big.

God those panelists are a fucking joke.

Jones fought old celebrity fighters.
He just fought declining names.

Khabib Bless
Jones dominated men that Khabib would never be able to compete with.

Completely disagree.
Khabib nearly relies completely on wrestling alone and comes out unscathed in fights, while he's making his opponents look like they don't belong in there with him.

Yes, Jon Jones has taken down Daniel Cormier, but Khabib shows his wrestling more consistently.

Beeb also fights in a division which has a talentpool that's like four times as big.
And yet despite relying solely on his wrestling, Jones is still a superior wrestler. This is obvious when watching them move in the cage.

Khabib looks like a man who has developed his skillset over decades, refining and refining and has become the epitome of nurture.
Jones looks like a natural who simply excels because he is superior.
Nature > Nurture every time.

Just the asterix. Other than that .. there is no argument.

Loving the ESPN Comedy Hour before events. You don't even need ESPN+ for them.

Khabib isn't even close to Jones resume wise

Ha bee bee is already talkin tire mint. The advice from dana, is that when fighters talk quitting, they SHOULD Quit... That, and his "dont leave it in the hands of the judges, are the rare times when Daner is being genuine

GSP is the version of Khabib that has a natural rather than nurtured look to his movements. Understand, I am NOT saying that there is such a thing as "natural" ability, all ability must be trained and refined over years. What I'm talking about is the grace of movement, the ballet-like brilliance of performance when they display their agility and skill and ability.

Khabib looks clunky and ungraceful in his wrestling even when he is dominating the other man. He is a clunky nurtured non-fluid no grace having man who is extremely well trained.

GSP and Jones move with the brilliant grace of a ballet dancer, their striking and wrestling and martial ability is as natural and fluid as walking or breathing is to them. Khabib does NOT LOOK LIKE THIS AT ALL, EVER. He does not have the same brilliance.

You have to look at more than just statistics when looking at this stuff.

Back