• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones - "Aspinall was getting his ass kicked" vs Blaydes

Maybe he should spend his time training instead of being loudly wrong and whining on Twitter?

I guess it doesn't take much training to beat up retired, 40 year old firefighters.

I was watching that and feeling like tom was physically outmatched. I basically counted that as a real win for curtis at the time. Idk.. lets see if tom will prove me wrong in rematch
Oh it's definitely a legitimate win, no one should be arguing that.

It's just that MMA is a sport where the better fighter doesn't always win, and people try to draw from that fight who was better, or who would win in further fights. Which would be incredibly dumb.

I don't really agree, bro.

He looked pretty light and quick on his feet to me, and people who think they're going to hurt their knee don't usually come out and throw a knee and two leg kicks within 20 seconds off that bad side.

If Tom thought he had the potential to hurt himself like that and still thought his approach was good, then he truly is a dumbass and/or needs new coaches.
He was moving very gingerly compared to how he's moved since he's come back from his injury and looked a lot slower in the Blaydes fight than he has in his other fights.

So can I say I was giving that last girl I was with an intense rogering for those 15 seconds that it lasted?

Beat she was limping for days sir, most girls can't take more than 10 seconds of Sherdog cock... she's a trooper lol

i think the part where Aspinall literally JUMPS into a counter right hand from an ogre sized HW and doesn't even blink should be more concerning. sure, his defense isn't/wasn't great but god damn that chin can carry.

Why would he look dumb?

Winning a rematch doesn't change what happened in the original fight lol.

While using words clearly isn't one of Jon's strength it certainly looks like he's trying to say that Curtis wins by what he wants, KO or GnP, so he made a prediction for the upcoming fight and didn't just talk about the old one.

I can see exactly what Jon is talking about in the video. Aspinall was eating a lot of shots and even ate one that caused his knee to blow out.

Easy fight then Jon, tf you running like a battered fiance in a Vegas hotel room for?

I can see exactly what Jon is talking about in the video. Aspinall was eating a lot of shots and even ate one that caused his knee to blow out.
A lot of shots =
One punch to the chest
One punch/push to the armpit
One picked up leg kick
Maybe one right hand grazing the forehead or missed completely
One jab to the jaw as Tom was backing up, where his knee blew out

Curtis  mauled him.

Aspinall took a couple of shots early doors from Pav too. Quite often the first minute of fights you think he's being a bit risky, but thus far he establishes range, makes adjustments and knocks the other guy out. Pretty quickly too.

i think the part where Aspinall literally JUMPS into a counter right hand from an ogre sized HW and doesn't even blink should be more concerning. sure, his defense isn't/wasn't great but god damn that chin can carry.
That and the fact that Pavlovich who took bombs from Tuivasa and Lewis without flinching got KTFO when he brawled with Aspinall.
Aspinall is hittable, but he has FU speed, FU power and an apparently very strong chin.

In a rematch vs Blaydes, I see Blaydes in big trouble if he gets hit, and he probably will. On the feet, he can tag Aspinall, but not likely hurt him much.
It would be interesting to see if he can test Aspinall's stamina with prolonged grappling.

Ok, so we shouldn't want better for the sport we love?...good call sir.
If you want to win a fight, you should fight based on how the rules are, not how you want them to be. If you think knees to a downed opponent should be legal, that doesn’t mean you throw them in a fight.

If you want to win a fight, you should fight based on how the rules are, not how you want them to be. If you think knees to a downed opponent should be legal, that doesn’t mean you throw them in a fight.

Way to move the goal post sir.

We were talking about the competency of judges.

The duck says quack fucking quack.

14 second fight.
Shut the fuck up and fucking retire already.

Back