• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones - "Aspinall was getting his ass kicked" vs Blaydes

Nobody can convince me that Jon Jones isn't a total creep. The more things he gets caught doing and saying, the better idea we have of this psycho's world view.

Then why doesn't your boy fight him? If Tom is that easy of a fight why isn't he fighting him instead of Stipe?
Why should he fight that british bum? he only got the fake title because jones blessed his bum life by getting injured! he has a lot more work to do than beating 2 bums. The goat jones has nothing to prove than beating a fish and chips munching british bum! They said gane was the new breed of heavy weight athletes and we saw what jones did to him whereas ngannou struggled! This is jones final fight why waste on this no name when he can have a legacy fight against a guy who is considered ufc heavy weight goat! Only people who want to see tom fight him are neckbeards!

Why should he fight that british bum? he only got the fake title because jones blessed his bum life by getting injured! he has a lot more work to do than beating 2 bums. The goat jones has nothing to prove than beating a fish and chips munching british bum! They said gane was the new breed of heavy weight athletes and we saw what jones did to him whereas ngannou struggled! This is jones final fight why waste on this no name when he can have a legacy fight against a guy who is considered ufc heavy weight goat! Only people who want to see tom fight him are neckbeards!
How long did it take for you to wash the taste of Jon out of your mouth?

Judges should have the wherewithal to know the difference, and use other cues such as the head snapping back, or a reaction.

Judges suck and they need a few classes of each art to know wtf they're looking at.
I disagree. The judges only get one angle and it’s through the mesh of a cage. If you want to dodge a strike and have it not count against you, you have to 1) actually move your head and 2) use defense to make it clear that the strike missed.

All fighters should know this. It’s never been relevant to Tom because he’s never had to dig deep and win a decision or do anything other than a quick stoppage. But against better opponents and the longer his career goes on, it will start to be a thing.

I disagree. The judges only get one angle and it’s through the mesh of a cage. If you want to dodge a strike and have it not count against you, you have to 1) actually move your head and 2) use defense to make it clear that the strike missed.

All fighters should know this. It’s never been relevant to Tom because he’s never had to dig deep and win a decision or do anything other than a quick stoppage. But against better opponents and the longer his career goes on, it will start to be a thing.
Judges should get monitors, that shit makes zero sense.

Distance management is a flaw? Some of you people make my head hurt.
View attachment 1047879
Distance management is knowing when a strike is too close to hit or be effective, or being out of range when your opponent thinks you are. These strikes hit him full force in the neck. Luckily, Blaydes isn’t accurate and doesn’t have much power as a puncher.

Tom Aspinalls strategy so far in fights is banking on his ability to take people out before they take him out, instead of being defensively responsible. As a fan of exciting fights, I like that. But I have to be honest about what I’m seeing.

Judges should get monitors, that shit makes zero sense.
In a perfect world, you would be correct. But it’s a known fact that judges improperly score fights all the time, let alone whether or not a strike hit the head or the neck. These strikes are being thrown and landing in what feel like milliseconds in real time, and in rapid succession. So yeah, if you’re worried about scoring, or you’re fighting someone with power who can cause damage regardless of where it lands (like Ngannou) letting strikes hit you like that without a care in the world— so close to the face— is never a good look.

I need to watch his other fights more closely, cause defensively he looked pretty bad. It’s surprising that he was wide open like that. Didn’t move his head once and only put his guard up once. Short fight but that’s inexcusable defense.

In a perfect world, you would be correct. But it’s a known fact that judges improperly score fights all the time, let alone whether or not a strike hit the head or the neck. These strikes are being thrown and landing in what feel like milliseconds in real time, and in rapid succession. So yeah, if you’re worried about scoring, or you’re fighting someone with power who can cause damage regardless of where it lands (like Ngannou) letting strikes hit you like that without a care in the world— so close to the face— is never a good look.
Why should we settle for less than perfect?

I was watching that and feeling like tom was physically outmatched. I basically counted that as a real win for curtis at the time. Idk.. lets see if tom will prove me wrong in rematch

Back