• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones - "Aspinall was getting his ass kicked" vs Blaydes

LOL at thinking a guy who hasn't lost in 15 years could have any chance against the great Tom Aspinall. Jones is so delusional. Aspinall is already the GOAT HW and it's not even close.

I can’t stand jones but I think he’s correct here, blades was and is a bad matchup for Tom

Why would he look dumb?

Winning a rematch doesn't change what happened in the original fight lol.
Winning via pre existing injury? And poor movement due to the preexisting injury. Drawing a conclusion as to what would have happened in a fight that lasted like 20 seconds is idiotic especially when it ended via an injury Blaydes didn't cause. Might as well just stop watching the Sergei fight when Aspinall got rocked and assume he lost that too.

Winning via pre existing injury? And poor movement due to the preexisting injury. Drawing a conclusion as to what would have happened in a fight that lasted like 20 seconds is idiotic especially when it ended via an injury Blaydes didn't cause. Might as well just stop watching the Sergei fight when Aspinall got rocked and assume he lost that too.

Dude was bouncing around and jumping up into the air. I wouldn't call his movement poor.

And look, Blaydes threw the kick and that took out the already injured leg. That happened. It still a result of Blaydes' actions. Aspinall doesn't get a pass for any future leg kick that takes him out just because of that.

Regardless of all this, keep in mind Jon is just trolling everyone with this analysis. There's no way he truly believes this crap. There hasn't been any real talk between him and Aspinall in a couple of weeks and he's just stoking the fire a little. He's going to be doing this sort of thing for years after he beats Stipe. It'll always be directed at whoever is holding the HW belt. He done it for ages after he left LHW as well.

Dude was bouncing around and jumping up into the air. I wouldn't call his movement poor.

And look, Blaydes threw the kick and that took out the already injured leg. That happened. It still a result of Blaydes' actions. Aspinall doesn't get a pass for any future leg kick that takes him out just because of that.

Regardless of all this, keep in mind Jon is just trolling everyone with this analysis. There's no way he truly believes this crap. There hasn't been any real talk between him and Aspinall in a couple of weeks and he's just stoking the fire a little. He's going to be doing this sort of thing for years after he beats Stipe. It'll always be directed at whoever is holding the HW belt. He done it for ages after he left LHW as well.
He looked very slow in his footwork and was moving like he thought he was going to hurt himself.

He looked very slow in his footwork and was moving like he thought he was going to hurt himself.

I don't really agree, bro.

He looked pretty light and quick on his feet to me, and people who think they're going to hurt their knee don't usually come out and throw a knee and two leg kicks within 20 seconds off that bad side.

If Tom thought he had the potential to hurt himself like that and still thought his approach was good, then he truly is a dumbass and/or needs new coaches.

She got her cast on yesterday so that's the first step.

Hows the neck feeling?
Sorry, I missed your post. My necks a little better everyday.

Btw tell your old lady I said to get better, you still need her to change your draws and wipe your ass for you.

Last edited:
So, instead of fighting the Interim champion like every other champion/challenger did in all of fighting history, John Jones sits at home and punching his keyboard hoping some other dude does it for him.
<KhabibBS>

I consider JBJ the GOAT but even so, this is simply a horrible take.

You can't really draw any conclusion from such a short "fight" before that freak accident.
Doing so is just clutching at straws, clearly.

I think he's genuinely rattled by Tom, nothing else would really explain these comments.

Would love for this fight to happen, regardless of the result.

I think in terms of the actual skill-set of both competitors, it'd be the best HW fight we've ever seen.

Curtis was landing but not everything, the camera angle makes it look like everything landed.

I rewatched it after seeing the Jones quote. Blaydes landed two pretty solid punches from what I could tell.

Obviously nobody got their ass kicked, but Aspinal's chin was a big ol sitting duck as soon they started exchanging. Dude can't be going on chin high and no head moooooomennt at HW or he gonna eventually get murdered. Lucky for him, Jones has pillow fists.

Jones does have a point if Aspinall loses to Blaydes its going to kill his hype dead and he'll forever be seen as overrated

Back