Johny Hendricks responds to GSP, believes Condit's title fights aren't exciting

dont care for johnny. The gsp fight was 50/50 and could have gone either way and i absolutely hate when fighters who leave it to judges in a razor close fight act like they were robbed. that goes for any fighter ever. You can disagree, but if you truly think you clearly won then you have very low standardsw for yourself.

Also i thought he gassed in his last 5 rounder vs robbie and he says in this interview he trains differently for 5 round fights vs 3 round fights. To me if you want to be best, your cardio should be top notch at all times. You dont pick and choose how hard to train based on the fight. Its clear he needs to take his diet a little more seriously during his off time.

Training is always different when it's 5 rounds compared to 3 rounds... all top camps believe in this. The fact that you don't shows top level ignorance.

First of all he doesn't do it for the entire match. And second if Rory did it against Lawler in the last two rounds, or even just the last round, he would have survived and won the belt. Nothing wrong with fighting smart, and Big Rigg actually has the power to back it up. I don't remember people complaining when Couture did it back in the day.
I didn't say he was wrong to "fight smart". I'm saying Hendricks can't call anyone out for being exciting or not. And besides, I never liked Randy, either, apart from when he spanked Tito, that was funny.

Yawn, go back to stucking your head between Lawler's legs Johny

Hendricks won the 4th round against GSP, Dominated Lawler in the 5th round of their first fight, and had a shitty second title fight. That and him beating Condit in not the most exciting way just turns into "He's so boring"...Lawler didn't do a god damn thing in their second fight either except mean mug Hendricks the last 20 seconds and throw a bunch of punches that didn't land.

Obviously we disagree but I have said since the GSP fight he lost it and he did. So we can cite whatever evidence we think to support it, in the end it is a simple argument. He lost to Lawler one time because of his wrestling based offense which changed noticeably from the Condit fight up to the second Lawler fight.

Holding someone down as you have mentioned about Hendricks before is not winning and his damage output in the Condit fight was lacking. He held Condit down in that contest too. You should watch the fight again. He has grown as a fighter yes, but before he wasn't playing safe and now he is.

Granted it means little aside from athletic fighter performance but he also has not knocked anyone out for 4 years. It seems AFTER the Koschek fight he started to change the way he fought. From a more striking oriented approach to a more wrestling based offense which cost him the title. That is not in doubt either. Of course any of this is available for viewing so you can understand the point.

That is why he was passed over for the title shot. He beat Lawler in the first contest yes, that was by far the better fight and he did win that fight. But he lost the second fight because of his habit of takedown, hold rinse repeat. He does absolutely zero damage and does not seem to have any ground and pound to speak of.

Training is always different when it's 5 rounds compared to 3 rounds... all top camps believe in this. The fact that you don't shows top level ignorance.

Unfortunately Jonny is NOT very disciplined at all in between fights. He has said this himself, Mike Dolce helped him during the Lawler fight and he was seriously over weight (about 220) or so the month before the first Lawler fight.

Hendricks said this, you can find the interviews so training is different for everyone, unfortunately Jonny has some bad habits when it comes to time between fights. Lots of fighters do, even Jon Jones occasionally.

Not knocking him, pointing out he said the same thing in interviews so the previous poster wasn't ignorant at all.

UFC fighters need a new phrase to replace the utterly meaningless "It is what it is". Or maybe just abbreviate it to "whatevs" or "ughhh".

Tyron doesn't have to brag he'll place his balls on Johny's forehead, Johny will gladly stick his head under Tyron's balls.

Yeah, Condit's so boring. Maybe if he held his opponents against the cage for 25 minutes with his head buried in their crotch, then I wouldn't fall asleep when he fights. That was sarcasm, unowutimsayn?

Yeah you're right, it was much better for him to run from Diaz the whole fight and talk about how his pitter patter leg kicks had such bad intentions on them... :rolleyes:

Condit ran, it was a boring fight due to him not coming to fight. Say what you want, but you Condit fans are in denial.

Doubt i'll ever have respect for the guy when he could've put on such a great fight with a game Diaz. Diaz literally bitch slapped him and talked shit since Condit refused to engage for more than half of the fight. Strategy my ass, he was scared. He was no killer.

I want nothing more than for Hendricks to win back the title, just to witness Sherdog implode over his "boring" style.

Yeah, Condit's so boring. Maybe if he held his opponents against the cage for 25 minutes with his head buried in their crotch, then I wouldn't fall asleep when he fights. That was sarcasm, unowutimsayn?

This.

Hendricks can really only blame himself for not getting a title shot right now. When you pull that stalling shit during a title fight and lose, don't expect a title shot any time soon from the UFC or the fans.

Bigg Rigg really makes Sherdog cry.

One of the reasons I'm a fan.

His opinion on things seem fair. He's mainly just saying it like it is, and I'm a huge Gsp fan.

ill guess ill take your word for it. My brain says cardio should be top notch at all times if you want to be great at your sport. How would one benefit from not having 5 round cardio at all times? Especially someon in the middle of the title picture. Educate me.

Hendricks won the 4th round against GSP, Dominated Lawler in the 5th round of their first fight, and had a shitty second title fight. That and him beating Condit in not the most exciting way just turns into "He's so boring"...Lawler didn't do a god damn thing in their second fight either except mean mug Hendricks the last 20 seconds and throw a bunch of punches that didn't land.

I thought Hendricks won the GSP fight, but he lost the rematch against Lawler and it's his own fault.

Besides landing some very good leg kicks, pushing your opponent against the fence and literally stalling should not result in a win. He pushed Lawler against the fence, put his head between Lawler's legs to avoid being hit there, looking like he was trying to jam his head up Lawler's ass - that should not get you a win.

Lawler landed the better punches throughout the fight, was constantly pushing Hendricks back, and was very effective with combinations in short bursts. He stole rounds with his aggression at certain parts of a few rounds. The fact Hendricks only looked to stall and Lawler would do short bursts of aggression is why Lawler won. Hendricks let that win slip away by stalling.

You said Lawler threw a bunch of punches and missed, but I guess you forgot about the numerous elbows Lawler landed while Hendricks was holding onto his legs for dear life, doing nothing but holding, holding, holding.

Robbie%2BLawler%2BElbows%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

Lawler then gets up and swarms Hendricks with punches, knees, kicks. I guess you forgot about the nasty kicks to the body he landed.

Robbie%2BLawler%2BUnloads%2Bon%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

So, to say Lawler landed nothing in that swarm is hilarious. I guess you didn't really watch the fight, or just have selective memory. You're clearly a big Hendricks fan, as you're here defending him and also have him in your sig, that's OK.

Taking tons of elbows to the ribs while holding onto your opponents leg, then Lawler escapes back to his feet, swarms with everything but the kitchen sink while Hendricks just moves backwards and defends and does nothing but that.. yeah, that looks great to the judges. Holding Robbie's leg > everything Robbie landed. Lmfao, Hendricks fans are hilariously bad at scoring fights. Stalling as much as possible > landing more, harder, cleaner, significant strikes and pushing forward and parrying and slipping your opponent's punches. Yeah, Hendricks dominated, bro! :rolleyes:

Lawler's aggression in short bursts won him that fight. Lawler landing a bunch of good elbows to the ribs while Hendricks just held onto his legs, to getting back to his feet and swarming him with strikes. It doesn't matter if he landed powerful, clean punches, what matters is the aggression and pushing Hendricks back, keeping him defensive. He landed quite a few good strikes there, those body kicks especially.

Lawler doing this at the end of the 5th is the reason he won that round. Hendricks got a TD and did nothing with it. He looked to just hold on and Robbie landed some good strikes and being the aggressor looks very good to the judges. What Lawler did in the last 30-35 seconds of the fight > Hendricks useless TD.

TD's are very overscored and Hendricks tried to use that and it didn't work. Sometimes the judges score TD's like they're knockdowns from strikes. Luckily, the judges did reward a fighter for literally stalling while his opponent was constantly attacking even though his back was against the fence.

Lawler landed the better strikes throughout the fight and used short bursts of combinations, was aggressive at the right time and took educated rests.

The judges got it right. Go watch it again and accept that your boy did not get a gift decision for pulling this kind of bullshit. Hendricks didn't deserve to take home the belt that night. He didn't fight like a true champion should and Lawler outpointed him.

Lawler won.

Hendricks lost.

Get over it.

Take your blind, bias, selective memory, nuthugging BS somewhere else.

So much butthurt in this thread. Yes, Condit had a fight with Diaz that wasn't very exciting. That's the reality, he's just speaking the truth and saying its possible Condit has a game plan like that for Lawler.

What everyone ITT is passing over is that he isn't whining about not getting the title shot and wants to about it the Cowboy way by just beating everyone else. I gotta give him props for that.

I'm assuming you missed their first fight. When he won the belt. By putting a ton of pressure on Lawler in the 5th round. Or, an easier way to say it, the exact opposite of what you stated.

more like getting a takedown in the 5th then just laying on lawler

watch the fight before you try to act cool and or smarter then someone else

images

Look at that pressure

HOLY SHIT !

He tried the exact same shit in the second fight

and it blew up in his face

Last edited:
The guy is going to beat up Woodley, get a title shot, and sherdog will cry virgin tears.

Yeah you're right, it was much better for him to run from Diaz the whole fight and talk about how his pitter patter leg kicks had such bad intentions on them... :rolleyes:

Condit ran, it was a boring fight due to him not coming to fight. Say what you want, but you Condit fans are in denial.

Doubt i'll ever have respect for the guy when he could've put on such a great fight with a game Diaz. Diaz literally bitch slapped him and talked shit since Condit refused to engage for more than half of the fight. Strategy my ass, he was scared. He was no killer.

keeping a safe distance away is running? Anderson did the same damn thing but nobody complained and last time i checked Diaz talks shit to all his opponents when they don't do what he wants them to do but i mean hey its not like he was doing more shit talking that fighting right? oh wait!

This guy has fought ONE TIME since losing the title. What the hell is he ranting about with this Cowboy Cerrone analogy???

Back