Johny Hendricks responds to GSP, believes Condit's title fights aren't exciting

Why is he breathing so hard? Just finished a workout?

If he trained to train for five rounds, he wouldn't be breathing so hard. I think he's proven that he can train for five rounds.

Can't disagree outright with anything he says. I don't think he disrespects anyone here, but of course he doesn't come out here and praise X fighter for being really exciting while confessing that he is boring or not as good--and how could you expect him to. He's on his own side, of course, that's the perspective he brings, but nothing is outlandish here.

I can understand that, but it would be great if he put as much effort into being entertaining in the cage as he puts into being intolerably whiny when he speaks.

dont care for johnny. The gsp fight was 50/50 and could have gone either way and i absolutely hate when fighters who leave it to judges in a razor close fight act like they were robbed. that goes for any fighter ever. You can disagree, but if you truly think you clearly won then you have very low standardsw for yourself.

Also i thought he gassed in his last 5 rounder vs robbie and he says in this interview he trains differently for 5 round fights vs 3 round fights. To me if you want to be best, your cardio should be top notch at all times. You dont pick and choose how hard to train based on the fight. Its clear he needs to take his diet a little more seriously during his off time.

How can Hendricks have any fans? Dude is annoying, and lmao at him saying Condits fights are boring.

hendricks, i still believe that you can put up exciting fights

i think
lol at Condit not being exciting in his title fights. Carlos vs Georges won FOTY and did he watch his performance with Robbie and see his head buried between the guy's legs?

FOTY? how bad was 2012 for this fight to be FOTY little tony?

I'll say it again. He is one of if not the most delusional fighter in the UFC right now. He has a mental block competing those last 3 rounds and figures to coast easily. He has been doing it since the Condit fight. He had takedowns sure, but he did absolutely nothing with the top control.

While not a true 100% fight worthy metric, look at Condit at the end. No blood, no bruises so there goes visual damage out the window. He just sat on Condit, the same thing he did with GSP, with Lawler both times and soon to be Woodley (possibly). He's a good hardworking family man, but a seriously boring 4 to 5 round 70% "fighter".

Hendricks used to be exiting - until he won the belt. Now he's as boring as fuck. Do you know what I mean?

Can someone point me to an exciting Carlos Condit title fight?

One head kick doesn't make two great title fights.

So when Hendricks says "You know, his title fights haven't been as exciting" or whatever, it's fact. Not some bullshit lol

I'll say it again. He is one of if not the most delusional fighter in the UFC right now. He has a mental block competing those last 3 rounds and figures to coast easily. He has been doing it since the Condit fight. He had takedowns sure, but he did absolutely nothing with the top control.

While not a true 100% fight worthy metric, look at Condit at the end. No blood, no bruises so there goes visual damage out the window. He just sat on Condit, the same thing he did with GSP, with Lawler both times and soon to be Woodley (possibly). He's a good hardworking family man, but a seriously boring 4 to 5 round 70% "fighter".

Hendricks won the 4th round against GSP, Dominated Lawler in the 5th round of their first fight, and had a shitty second title fight. That and him beating Condit in not the most exciting way just turns into "He's so boring"...Lawler didn't do a god damn thing in their second fight either except mean mug Hendricks the last 20 seconds and throw a bunch of punches that didn't land.

I wish Jonny would set a more overwhelming pace in a 3 rounder.

He has showed he can go all 5 and not be gasping for air, now I wanna see him fight at a pace that they can't keep up with and power they don't wanna keep up with.

Watching his earlier UFC fights he was in peoples faces, moving forward, pressing the action.

Seems like now he is fading into that 'put in the practice of 20 rounds, but barely enough to win in 5 rounders'. I don't want to say coast but not necessarily going the extra mile in his performances.

"Well no, because if I was training for a five-round fight - which I think I’ve proven that I can go five rounds - I can do those things and that’s important. So realistically, who cares?”

LOL Hendricks can't keep 5rds worth of pressure to save his life thats why the fool lost his belt in the first place

secondly LOL again @ Condit's title fight not being entertaining! yes Hendricks because we all enjoyed it when you stuck your head in between a man's leg for an entire round

Yeah, Condit's so boring. Maybe if he held his opponents against the cage for 25 minutes with his head buried in their crotch, then I wouldn't fall asleep when he fights. That was sarcasm, unowutimsayn?

First of all he doesn't do it for the entire match. And second if Rory did it against Lawler in the last two rounds, or even just the last round, he would have survived and won the belt. Nothing wrong with fighting smart, and Big Rigg actually has the power to back it up. I don't remember people complaining when Couture did it back in the day.

When it comes to interviews Hendricks should take the less is more approach

Wait I mean, fuck this guy! He's so boring fighting grown athletes!

Why doesn't he KTFO him yet?

Wah wah wah!

Back