John Fury calls for son Tyson to RETIRE [plans to go see Trump @ White House]

Casual Fan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
John Fury wants his son Tyson to retire from boxing after his stunning victory at the weekend against Deontay Wilder, and opened up on his son's journey from depression and addiction.

Speaking to Good Morning Britain, Fury Snr. admitted he was 'pinching himself' at the progress Tyson has made over the last two years, and said the heavyweight star should accept Donald Trump's invitation to visit him in the White House.

Fury, nicknamed the 'Gypsy King' was in inspired form on Saturday night in Las Vegas as he stopped Wilder in the seventh round of their rematch, but John believes he should call time on his career now.

25112230-8037121-image-a-5_1582532284322.jpg

Tyson Fury's father John Fury was speaking on Good Morning Britain on Monday morning

25112234-8037121-image-a-7_1582532533916.jpg

Fury Snr. described Tyson's years of depression and addiction, admitting it was a 'dark time'

25111666-8037121-image-m-9_1582532560834.jpg

Fury returned to the ring in 2018, drawing to Deontay Wilder before beating him on Saturday

'I want my son to retire now. He's done enough. It's been an uphill battle for him,' John told GMB.

'I think it's in the back of his mind. He can't do anymore. He's won every professional title. Enough is enough. There's more to life now. He's given it his all.

'He's got no more to prove. He's proved he's been a worthy champion from this country. He's been 13 years as a pro and he's always been the opponent.

'He's 32 years old. He's got a young family and I do believe his children deserve their father. He's done enough and that's my opinion.'
''''''''''''''''''
Even US President Donald Trump commented on the 'great fight', and said he would invite Fury and Wilder to the White House - a move Fury Snr. approved of.

'That's good for a Fury isn't it! And I'm a big fan of Donald Trump, it's been an amazing journey and look where it's ended.

'And what a great point to bow out on, and meet him in the White House!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/b...yson-sunk-depression-miraculous-comeback.html

Not until after he faces Joshua. Then and only then will he have done enough.

Theres always somebody trying to ruin an epic fight.

Fury should accept trumps offer. I’d love to see him knock the fat orange c*nt out!

Wins the WBC belt, his countryman who stole his spotlight while he was away holds all the other belts, providing the opportunity for Fury to come full circle and unify again in the biggest and most profitable fight of his career.

Dad - "hes got nothing left to prove"

Just an odd thing to say, especially given the timing.

fury Looks so big compared to wilder ...

hes the shaq of HW Boxing

lol

His family can legitimately want that. But we as fans want him active for at least 5 years and about 10 to 15 fights.

He still needs to beat AJ up.

I know he can, and almost certainly will, but he needs to do it as it's been dragging on for far too long.

It will happen, too much of a draw not to happen.

Retirement after beating AJ.

Would be kind of a shame to not see the AJ fight but IMO I'm really confident Fury beats him so, now is as good a time as ever.

I just hope his demons dont come back when hes no longer focused on fighting

Why would a British fighter want to visit the POTUS? Shouldn't he go visit his own Prime minister or something?

Why would a British fighter want to visit the POTUS? Shouldn't he go visit his own Prime minister or something?
Looks like its because Trump specifically invited him and Im not sure PM Johnson has.
As a boxing fan I hope he fights Whyte, AJ, Ruiz, Pulev, and Usyk before he retires, but we probably wont get that lucky.

Fury did just come out of retirement and he is out of his prime despite what people think. GettyImages-576998568-1280x720.jpgjust imagine what prime Fury would have done to Wilder, there would have been no reason for a second match.

I do believe Joshua would be a harder fight than Wilder for Fury. But I would be rooting for Fury any way, he is a great boxer and person. It would be awesome to see Fury unify all the titles.

That is pretty cool that Wilder and Fury got invited to the white house. I hope they attend, the pictures of Fury and Trump together would be epic. Think of the hilarious memes we could make.

Not until after he faces Joshua. Then and only then will he have done enough.

Theres always somebody trying to ruin an epic fight.
In a perfect world yes, that would be ideal.

I don't think Joshua can beat Fury or Wilder TBH.

Fury and Deontay are without a shadow of a doubt the top 2 HWs.

I really don't think AJ has much for Fury, i would like to see that fight but i don't think Fury has to take it to prove something.

AJ never fought fury or wilder and even lost to ruiz. Fury came back from being down and out, beat wilder twice and he's still undefeated. He's unquestionably the best HW in the world and can retire on top.

In a perfect world yes, that would be ideal.

I don't think Joshua can beat Fury or Wilder TBH.

Fury and Deontay are without a shadow of a doubt the top 2 HWs.

I really don't think AJ has much for Fury, i would like to see that fight but i don't think Fury has to take it to prove something.

AJ never fought fury or wilder and even lost to ruiz. Fury came back from being down and out, beat wilder twice and he's still undefeated. He's unquestionably the best HW in the world and can retire on top.

Joshua beat Wlad(who was in much better shape against Joshua than he was against Fury) has beat Whyte and Parker. All 3 or each would probably beat Wilder.

People are sleeping on Joshua because he had the worst fight of his career against Ruiz.(Look how bad fury looked in his last fight before Wilder) But Even though I am a massive Fury fan I genuinely believe Joshua Beats him.

Joshua is the best out of the current bunch of heavyweights. Feel free to Quote in future when Joshua beats them all.

I'm not sure retirement is a good idea at all, unless he's got a plan to do something else.
While he's training he's doing something.
His depression, drinking, drugs etc... were worst after Klitschko when he wasn't doing anything and he only seems to have got it under control when he was training for his return.

He is a world champion, has a rags to riches, zero to hero story, both have been in the WWE, Trump is a fight fan

I’m ok with it ^^

Trump and Fury together. What a time to be alive.

Back