John Cena lifting

Squat to bench weight seems a little off, but I might be wrong. i just didnt think it was normal to be benching 100 under your squat lol

Squat to bench weight seems a little off, but I might be wrong. i just didnt think it was normal to be benching 100 under your squat lol

Meh everyone is different. My squat, front squat, and bench are all within 35lbs of each other due to a messed up leg. Body types and previous injuries can effect how one does in a lift. I wouldn't read to much into it.

Meh everyone is different. My squat, front squat, and bench are all within 35lbs of each other due to a messed up leg. Body types and previous injuries can effect how one does in a lift. I wouldn't read to much into it.

Cena actually legitimately tore his pec from the bone in a match in 2007 and was out of action for an extended period of time, so that might be why his bench looked off to you in the video. The earlier video was from 2008, so around the time he would be rehabbing from this injury. Then the later videos posted in this thread were from 2010 the day before wrestlemania so he might have just been looking to get a good workout in and nothing super strenuous

Cena actually legitimately tore his pec from the bone in a match in 2007 and was out of action for an extended period of time, so that might be why his bench looked off to you in the video. The earlier video was from 2008, so around the time he would be rehabbing from this injury. Then the later videos posted in this thread were from 2010 the day before wrestlemania so he might have just been looking to get a good workout in and nothing super strenuous

That's not what I said haha. The guy above me said it seemed unusually close in weight, so strong by comparison. I was just saying everyone was different and has different spreads between lifts, and that NOTHING was off.

The dude carried Big Show and Edge(or maybe it was Christian), on his back at the same time, and walked forward about five steps. That is about 750lbs-800lbs. Cena is a powerhouse.

Anybody have the video? It's quite the feat.

That's not what I said haha. The guy above me said it seemed unusually close in weight, so strong by comparison. I was just saying everyone was different and has different spreads between lifts, and that NOTHING was off.

I understand that, I quoted your comment because I was providing information to go along with what you said about how previous injuries might affect how a person lifts and I was saying that in Cena's case that actually might be true.

The dude carried Big Show and Edge(or maybe it was Christian), on his back at the same time, and walked forward about five steps. That is about 750lbs-800lbs. Cena is a powerhouse.

Anybody have the video? It's quite the feat.

I used to think this dude was a complete douche, but this is really impressive.

Hahahahahaha true i prefer no one care about squats or they think they are not safe to do without a smith machine.

Squat rack is usually the one spot you can always rely on to be empty in the gym.

Mine is usually being used
I'm on my way to that rack now

Cena is a pretty humble dude from what I could tell, I ran into him at a golds gym in western MA probably 5-6 years ago. They were trying to give him a free shake after his workout and he politely said something like "Thank you so much, but I'm just a regular guy man, no need for that." and paid the $4.

There were a couple other WWF guys that used to train at the golds gyms in that area, lesser known guys that weren't on TV all that often, and they were complete pricks to everyone.

Thats actually a pretty cool story

If that's true then I bet all of his lifts have suffered from a pec tear. He would have been stuck doing *gasp* leg presses and extensions. I wonder what kind of weight he could move prior to the injury.

If that's true then I bet all of his lifts have suffered from a pec tear. He would have been stuck doing *gasp* leg presses and extensions. I wonder what kind of weight he could move prior to the injury.

I wonder. Those videos show him squatting 540lbs with about as much effort as I move 200lbs. He looks capable of a lot more.

Back