Joe Rogan Wants Judge Joe Solis Terminated

How angry were you with the judging?

• Total voters
Rogan ALWAYS hypes the shit of of any challenger who doesn't get immediately KO'ed in a championship fight. Reyes did good but not THAT good, calm down.

The takedowns were a factor and so was octagon control/advancing. The decision was fair. I'm down for a rematch.
The takedowns were not a factor in the scoring whatsoever.

Jones only had takedowns in 4/5 which are rounds everyone is giving to Jon anyway.

The controversial rounds were 2 & 3. No TDs in those rounds.

Octagon control is ONLY to be considered if striking and grappling are 100% dead even. When people bring that up it is generally a dead giveaway that they haven’t read the scoring criteria.

PRIORITIZED CRITERIA: Effective Striking/Grappling
“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position. This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.
Effective Aggressiveness
“Aggressively making attempts to finish the fight. The key term is „effective‟. Chasing after an opponent with no effective result or impact should not render in the judges‟ assessments.” Effective Aggressiveness is only to be assessed if Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for both competitors.
Fighting Area Control
“Fighting area control is assessed by determining who is dictating the pace, place and position of the match.”
“Fighting Area Control” shall only be assessed if Effective Striking/Grappling and Effective Aggressiveness is 100% equal for both competitors. This will be assessed very rarely.

Fighting Area Control” shall only be assessed if Effective Striking/Grappling and Effective Aggressiveness is 100% equal for both competitors. This will be assessed very rarely

If you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man

not edge him out in a close 3-2 fight
Where in the rules does it say this??

If you win the fight against the champion,YOU become the champion.

Rogan is a terrible sports commentator.

Those judges are hired by UFC and I’m sure Dana instructs otherwise behind closed doors. Then acts surprised amongst media members.

Actually, UFC brings 3-4 of their own, and the State hires 3. I don't agree with it either, but it's how it works...

Can either one of you provide any proof that the UFC hires judges? Meaning in places where there is an Athletic Commission in charge of the fight, which is of course the overwhelming majority.

I'll be over here not holding my breathe and expecting either no reply or some fluff that doesn't come close to proof.

This judge should never be allowed to judge a fight ever again. Maybe he placed some bets on certain fighters. Only way i can comprehend his scores in 3 of the fights. I had it 3-2 for Reyes, but i can see the argument for 3-2 Jones after watching the fight a second time. I like Jon Jones, but no way he won 4 rounds last night. Absolutely disgusting to have it 49-46 Jones.

The judging was very good for the main event.

Can either one of you provide any proof that the UFC hires judges? Meaning in places where there is an Athletic Commission in charge of the fight, which is of course the overwhelming majority.

I'll be over here not holding my breathe and expecting either no reply or some fluff that doesn't come close to proof.

Yes, just look at the names that do most of the UFC events, Chris Lee, Derek Cleary, Sal D’Amato, Colon, Weeks, etc. They are brought in by the UFC, are UFC employees and get to judge in any state, whereas, the state athletic dept sanctioning the event brings in 3-4 of their own from that state. Same thing for refs, Herb, etc do events anywhere, and then you’ll have a local Ref or two as well. They never let the local ones do Main Events, and if they do, it’ll only be one judge out of three tops, and never a local Ref.

I know from first hand experience, and I’ll leave it at that...

The fighter with the better hairline should get one 10-8 round automatically

Damn there was a Judge that scored it 4-1 Jones? Lol

Had it 3-2 in favour of Jones, but the 2nd round was extremely close.

4-1 is just stupid.

That Solis guy had even worse scorecards that night.

Then he tries to justify it by saying you can't win rounds without advancing, which is hilariously inaccurate.

I'm kinda tired of Rogan's lord and protector of the sport routine, but I cant really disagree on this one.

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.
They were super biased, constantly reminding us of Jones and his relentless pressure, even as he was getting outstruck each round lol

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.

Yes, exactly. Why were they speaking about JBJ closing the total strike differential in rounds 4/5? I thought we scored round by round. They were buttering up Jones for another controversial dec.

I agree that he should be reprimanded, however capital punishment for scoring a cage fight incorrectly seems harsh.

Yes, exactly. Why were they speaking about JBJ closing the total strike differential in rounds 4/5? I thought we scored round by round. They were buttering up Jones for another controversial dec.

Well remembered on that specific example you gave and you’re completely right - such an odd thing for them to all start saying, they were trying to muddy the waters of the viewers mind and spin that a Bones decision was an acceptable result and this was before he finished clearly stronger in round 5 I’m sure. Just really odd.

Back