Joe Rogan Wants Judge Joe Solis Terminated

How angry were you with the judging?

• Total voters
So Joe is still licking Jon's balls. Why only Solis? They all robbed a man of a victory. Joe is basically saying the fight isn't 4-1, but Jon still won, which he didn't. If he didn't, the judges are all corrupt/incompetent. Listen: there are fights that i can understand the mistake. They're close enough. It's tough to decide who actually won, and even if one fighter scored more, you can still make a bad decision based on how incredibly close it was. Fighter A landed 20, fighter B landed 19, you thought fighter B won. That's fair. It's not the case. The first 3 rounds weren't close. Jon did next to nothing and what he did had no impact. Reyes outstruck me without a shadow of a doubt and still stopped all of his takedowns which doesn't but SHOULD impact the scoring. You're basically shutting a man down and telling him "No, i win the debate on whether or not the fight goes to the ground.". You're literally winning a contest. That should score points.

If you score a fight correctly, stopping the takesdowns DOES count. Taking grappling away from someone trying to grapple is effective and efficient. The take downs were basically negated with the quick pops back up, there was no ground time, so striking is scored first, and Reyes was definitely more effective and efficient while causing more damage in rounds 1-3. It really is that simple, but we have judges who may not be totally incompetent, but seem not to care if they fully understand the criteria or not. Why should they? There is no reprimanding at the highest levels of the sport, a huge problem. It's time to get it fixed, but I wouldn't hold my breathe, it's been a problem for years and years, and you'll see these same UFC hired judges at the same events over and over. Throw in that the State where the fights take place brings in their 3, who are normally boxing heavy, and you're setting yourself up for failure from the start...

Ironic given how bias his commentary of the fight was in Joe's favour

I liked it better when joe said durning the prelims that he wouldn’t bitch about judging anymore

MMA has the worst judges of all sports. I still remember that dumb chick judge that gave Felder all three rounds vs Edson Barboza. Ex pro fighters should be judges.

If that fight was in the prelims with 2 no name fighters Reyes would win by UD. But to beat the champ you have to obviously finish him.

They seriously need to be held accountable for their bullshit sometimes. A judge can give a result and they can just walk out of the building without a word on justification and that's shit. When you're the odd one out, you need to be questioned. ESPECIALLY those 30-27, 30-27, 27-30 motherfuckers.

I don't disagree for that night, so many fights were done wrong.

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.

The commentary, including Rogan's, was of extremely low level, even for UFC's standards. Rogan was shouting the whole fight when Jones even move one muscle. It would be interesting to listen to the narrative without the images, and score from that. It would be Jones winning five rounds by 10-8.
It was shameful.

If Rogan wants people terminated for making dumb calls then he would have lost his job a long time ago.

Saying dumb shit occasionally is one thing.....being in control over a fighter's future in regards to ranking and win bonuses is a whole other can of worms.

Judges should be held to a very high standard.

They were close rounds, Joe should probably shut up and realize how biased his own commentary was.

He's right. Joe Solis had Jones 4-1, Ewell 3-0, and he had Krause losing round 1(and every round). Maybe he was the judge that he and Cruz were talking about not actually watching the fights.

Good for Rogan, we have shit decision after shit decision event after event, I can’t imagine how much more popular the sport would be if we didn’t have all these bullshit “calls”

Joe Rogan is a habitual dope smoker who seems unable to control his impulses. Judging was fine tonight. If someone wants the judging criteria to change, so be it. But asking a commission to cut off a man from his livelihood is too much.
Lol put the crack, heroin and meth down, and take it easy on the pcp
Krause lost the first round ? Lol how about the Latifi decision where Lewis was shaking his head because he knew he lost, by the way this according to the judging criteria you mentioned
And lol @ cutting off a man from his livelihood, if you suck at your job you should be replaced, pretty simple

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.

100%. The brass obviously told him to hype Reyes now that Jones time is very numbered and that's what he's doing.

Jones has been a protected entity in the UFC although it's good to see that's changing.

Good for them for making his name public. Now let's all get our forks out and storm his house

Don't trivialize it. He wasn't just wrong. The guy is corrupt, and/or incompetent. Either way, he should be gone.

Good for Rogan. I like him even though a lot of people on here give him shit. I agree with outing this judge.

Rogaine the middle aged soccer mom calling for someone to get fired every card.....

Are you sure you’re not missing the point? Rogan didn’t say Reyes clearly won, or that he won at all. He said 4-1 is an egregious scorecard and that’s true.
I agree with that.

Back