Joe Rogan Wants Judge Joe Solis Terminated

How angry were you with the judging?

• Total voters
Are you new to this?

Or is this your Troll account?

Only a very new Noob, or a troll would actually come out and say that the UFC hires judges or Refs.... All of that is handled by regional commissions......

Mazagatti would even know this

Actually, UFC brings 3-4 of their own, and the State hires 3. I don't agree with it either, but it's how it works...

Are you new to this?

Or is this your Troll account?

Only a very new Noob, or a troll would actually come out and say that the UFC hires judges or Refs.... All of that is handled by regional commissions......

Mazagatti would even know this

And Dana has a part. Just because it’s not disclosed doesn’t mean it’s not true.

This was a very bush league situation for a billion dollar company.

Its not UFCs responsibility. Sadly its because of political corruption in these comissions. They dont look for qualified personal but these are well paid jobs as political favours and naturally they attract the incompetent and corrupt (Byrd)

Scoring that fight 4-1 for Jones is much more defensible than lots of the shit Rogan says...
  • A scoring system is which fighters literally earn points on a tally per strikes and takedowns landed
  • Letting the fighters know scores mid-fight
  • A 195 pound division
  • Removal of standups and separations for inactivity
  • More judges
And he talks about these ideas as though he's put lots of thought into them, as though it's silly that they haven't been implemented.

All this thread activity and this hasn't received 1 like. Why?
Because none of those ideas are asinine. They are all reasonable ideas in the context of what Joe is saying, and some of them are ideas most people would agree with.

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.

Spot on.

Also can Joe stop with this “Jones didn’t train for Gustafsson” nonsense? Jon literally said “he did train” on Joe’s podcast and Rogan flips the narrative.

The only ones I'm seeing who disagree here is yellow carded trolls, fucking morons. Stick to trolling and getting banned

Lol

sherdoggers are so emotionally sensitive, Rogan just lives in some of your heads.

Was there ever a UFC fight where Rogan was not a commentator and almost everyone considers it a robbery?

4-1 was crazy.. i did have it 2-2 but it was a great fight mad respect to Reyes

Lots of people want Rogan, the shill, terminated too but it hasn't happened.

joe-rogan-bw.jpg

“It makes me angry,” Rogan said after the fight. “We’ve talked about it so many times. It’s less of an issue in some commissions where they’ve dealt with combat sports — particularly MMA — longer, but I can’t argue about this enough. I can’t get angry enough!

For anyone to think that was 4-1 Jon Jones that person’s insane. Insane! Dominick Reyes put on a hell of a fight tonight... that kind of judging is insane!

“The one thing I will say, though, is that Joe Solis should have his judging card revoked to call that 4-1. I don’t know what he’s been seeing tonight, but at least his name gets to be put on blast because he’s not doing a very good job.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/it-makes-me-angry-joe-rogan-unleashes-alltime-rant-as-mma-world-slams-insane-judge-after-ufc-247-main-event/news-story/ebdd4cef335c731500dd9fd373362478

So Joe is still licking Jon's balls. Why only Solis? They all robbed a man of a victory. Joe is basically saying the fight isn't 4-1, but Jon still won, which he didn't. If he didn't, the judges are all corrupt/incompetent. Listen: there are fights that i can understand the mistake. They're close enough. It's tough to decide who actually won, and even if one fighter scored more, you can still make a bad decision based on how incredibly close it was. Fighter A landed 20, fighter B landed 19, you thought fighter B won. That's fair. It's not the case. The first 3 rounds weren't close. Jon did next to nothing and what he did had no impact. Reyes outstruck me without a shadow of a doubt and still stopped all of his takedowns which doesn't but SHOULD impact the scoring. You're basically shutting a man down and telling him "No, i win the debate on whether or not the fight goes to the ground.". You're literally winning a contest. That should score points.

Joe Rogan is a habitual dope smoker who seems unable to control his impulses. Judging was fine tonight. If someone wants the judging criteria to change, so be it. But asking a commission to cut off a man from his livelihood is too much.
You the Feds.

All this thread activity and this hasn't received 1 like. Why?
Because none of those ideas are asinine. They are all reasonable ideas in the context of what Joe is saying, and some of them are ideas most people would agree with.
I'm not saying the ideas are ones that Sherdog would find stupid. I'm just saying they're ideas that are stupid. I don't post looking for likes. My posts would look very different were that my attitude.

Emphasis shouldn't be placed on scoring. Fights are supposed to be finished. The decisions are an afterthought for occasions in which fighters failed to finish. Introduce points per move and it'd incentivise pointfighting and increase the number of decisions. Fighters would look to land certain moves, rather than try to outstrike or submit their opponent. Same is true with the idea to make scores known to fighters. Scores shouldn't be at the forefront of fighters' minds.

A 195 pound division is an awful idea. People criticise boxing for having too many weight classes. And this would make MMA worse than boxing. 205 and 185 aren't deep divisions. Also, weight classes aren't just about separating fighters by weight; it's implied that as weight goes up, so does height and reach and overall size. And you know which two divisions in the UFC have the closest average height and reach stats of all divisons? LHW and MW. Fighters start getting fat at these weights. Boxing has no class between 175 and 200 for a reason. Also, divisions in general are just gonna reduce the amount of possible fights that can be made, which is bad for the sport. The UFC needs to look to weighing fighters year-round and just get rid of weight classes entirely. Adding more is the wrong idea.

I dislike standups and separations for the same reason Joe does; they disrupt the natural flow of the fight, and take it further away from being a natural simulation of a fight. However, in MMA, we have time limits, and we HAVE to have time limits. I view standups and separations as an extension of the time limit system. Time limits naturally do the same thing as standups and separations, in that they disrput fight flow and it being a natural fight simulation. But due to their existence, standups are necessary. Otherwise, fighters would game the system and use the time limits to stall fights. That shouldn't be allowed, and needs to be fought however possible.

More judges would increase scoring accuracy, of course. However, they cost money, and I think that money is better spent elsewhere. And what number is acceptable? Any number would be arbitrary, whether it's 5, 7, 9, or more. 3 is less arbitrary in that it's the lowest odd number higher than 1. A single judge would clearly be a bad idea, for obvious reasons.

Maybe Joe and the Sherdog unlikers are right, but I've yet to see people respond to the points I've raised here, through the many times I've posted them. Until someone informs me of the error in my thinking, these are my opinions.

Rogan ALWAYS hypes the shit of of any challenger who doesn't get immediately KO'ed in a championship fight. Reyes did good but not THAT good, calm down.

The takedowns were a factor and so was octagon control/advancing. The decision was fair. I'm down for a rematch.
Lol, takedowns where the person gets up in 5 seconds without taking a single punch is not a factor.

Back