Joe Rogan Wants Judge Joe Solis Terminated

How angry were you with the judging?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
joe-rogan-bw.jpg

“It makes me angry,” Rogan said after the fight. “We’ve talked about it so many times. It’s less of an issue in some commissions where they’ve dealt with combat sports — particularly MMA — longer, but I can’t argue about this enough. I can’t get angry enough!

For anyone to think that was 4-1 Jon Jones that person’s insane. Insane! Dominick Reyes put on a hell of a fight tonight... that kind of judging is insane!

“The one thing I will say, though, is that Joe Solis should have his judging card revoked to call that 4-1. I don’t know what he’s been seeing tonight, but at least his name gets to be put on blast because he’s not doing a very good job.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/it-makes-me-angry-joe-rogan-unleashes-alltime-rant-as-mma-world-slams-insane-judge-after-ufc-247-main-event/news-story/ebdd4cef335c731500dd9fd373362478

Last edited:
Good for them for making his name public. Now let's all get our forks out and storm his house

No one gets terminated. Because those athletic commission appointments are entirely political.

So if one of them gets fired for incompetence, then all of them are in danger.

It's why they defend Adalaide Byrd instead of punishing her.

ReadWrite aka Kenny Florian of Sherdog. Will make a thread about anything. Do you work for BJPenn.com?

The judge is an idiot..the Avg Sherdogger could do better.

If Rogan wants people terminated for making dumb calls then he would have lost his job a long time ago.
That's true, but the judging was just brutal last night, and if you read about the "qualifications" of some of these people, it was ridiculous that they were even allowed to be hired for the job. This was a very bush league situation for a billion dollar company.

Scoring that fight 4-1 for Jones is much more defensible than lots of the shit Rogan says...
  • A scoring system is which fighters literally earn points on a tally per strikes and takedowns landed
  • Letting the fighters know scores mid-fight
  • A 195 pound division
  • Removal of standups and separations for inactivity
  • More judges
And he talks about these ideas as though he's put lots of thought into them, as though it's silly that they haven't been implemented.

49-46 Jones wasn't even his worst scorecard of the night.

I posted this in another thread, but

Nah, he's just retarded. He's also the guy who gave Ewell the 30-27 over Martinez. And in the Giles-Krause fight, the fight that was obviously Krause winning round 1, Giles winning round 2, then having a bit of a close back and forth in round 3? Soliz gave a 29-28 score for Giles, which is completely fine, until you realize he gave Krause the 3rd round, but not the 1st. Meaning, he gave Giles the round where he spent about 3 minutes in a rear naked.

Probably the worst night of judging in one night since Chris Lee at UFC 195. This is his first night judging a UFC event in 3 years. I think he should take another long break

*edit* Past decisions, in 2017 and before. He gave Volkan the win over OSP. He gave Ricardo Ramos a 30-27 over Michinori Tanaka, a score literally no one in the world gave. In 2014, he gave Clint Hester the win over Antonio Braga Neto. Ellenberger over Moontasri. And somehow had given Andy Enz 30-27 over Marcelo Guimaraes. Just a huge percentage of unpopular decisions. His MMAdecisions page only has 13 results, and 8 of them are bad. Fucking Houston, man.

He's a Houston-only judge. 13 UFC/Bellator fights scored since 2014. 8 super questionable decisions, at least half of them completely unjustifiable.

Now obviously, 1 bad judge can't change a decision, so if you score the same stupid score as another judge, that's one thing. But when you're completely off the reservation like this fuckwad, giving the completely wrong rounds away, it should raise serious concerns about the athletic commissions. This is Byrd levels of dumb.

Rogan ALWAYS hypes the shit of of any challenger who doesn't get immediately KO'ed in a championship fight. Reyes did good but not THAT good, calm down.

The takedowns were a factor and so was octagon control/advancing. The decision was fair. I'm down for a rematch.

Rogan ALWAYS hypes the shit of of any challenger who doesn't get immediately KO'ed in a championship fight. Reyes did good but not THAT good, calm down.

The takedowns were a factor and so was octagon control/advancing. The decision was fair. I'm down for a rematch.

Dont be stupid, Reyes won the first 3 rounds, Jones took the last 2 = Reyes won the fight, it's that simple.

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.

Are you sure you’re not missing the point? Rogan didn’t say Reyes clearly won, or that he won at all. He said 4-1 is an egregious scorecard and that’s true.

Back