Joe Rogan Wants Judge Joe Solis Terminated

How angry were you with the judging?

• Total voters
Joe Rogan is a habitual dope smoker who seems unable to control his impulses. Judging was fine tonight. If someone wants the judging criteria to change, so be it. But asking a commission to cut off a man from his livelihood is too much.

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.
This is right on. I wish I could have muted the commentary and just listened to the sounds of the fight. I feel that way a lot of the time, really.

Perhaps Joe can explain why, from the start of round 3 through to the end of the fight, the entire commentary team hit us with a deluge of pro Jones propaganda. It was so blatant that some form of directive had come down from a production level, with all three of them so coordinated and relentless in pushing Jones’ side and relegating Reyes to an afterthought. I work in sport broadcasting and I can tell you, that did not feel right at all, I’ve heard plenty of bad commentary in the 20 odd years I’ve been watching MMA, but that’s the most blatant example of pushing a narrative that I’ve ever heard.

I agree 100%.

Soliz is illiterate, couldn't even read the judging criteria of MMA.

Been saying it for a long time; live scoring will push the pace in the final rounds.

Not knowing what is happening with regards to scoring and these situations where both guys coast and think they’re winning is affecting the outcome.

If they both know the real scores then they BOTH have to fight for the finish in the last round.

If you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man

not edge him out in a close 3-2 fight

n were not taking about Hendricks vs gsp type of 3-2 where Hendricks beat the brakes off gsp n only really lost the last round

if Reyes were beating the crap outta jones n then only lost last 2 rounds, sure

but that’s not what we have here

it’s a close fight with jones taking over in championship rounds

it would be a joke for Reyes to win in that type of contest

also this again illustrates why 10-9 isn’t good for mma

in boxing with more rounds losing a round is no big deal, however in mma it makes a big difference.

you’re in a way forced to split rounds in a close fight even if you feel one fighter won all the close rounds

scoring a fight as a whole would make more sense

The judge said they were going solely based off the commentary and felt the score reflected that.

Yeah, with judges like that it even makes it hard for fanboys like Rogan to make Jones look legit.

Joe Rogan's dumb calls don't affect people's livelihoods and careers.

No, but his dumb calls produce more retarded Rogan dick riders who don't know how the scoring a fight works.

Rogan is possibly the reason why at least 1/4 or more people in America are so retarded, they listen to his shit.

If you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man

not edge him out in a close 3-2 fight

n were not taking about Hendricks vs gsp type of 3-2 where Hendricks beat the brakes off gsp n only really lost the last round

if Reyes were beating the crap outta jones n then only lost last 2 rounds, sure

but that’s not what we have here

it’s a close fight with jones taking over in championship rounds

it would be a joke for Reyes to win in that type of contest

also this again illustrates why 10-9 isn’t good for mma

in boxing with more rounds losing a round is no big deal, however in mma it makes a big difference.

you’re in a way forced to split rounds in a close fight even if you feel one fighter won all the close rounds

scoring a fight as a whole would make more sense
Yeh no. That’s not how it works

Winning 3 rounds of 5 is winning the fight.

Rogan ALWAYS hypes the shit of of any challenger who doesn't get immediately KO'ed in a championship fight. Reyes did good but not THAT good, calm down.

The takedowns were a factor and so was octagon control/advancing. The decision was fair. I'm down for a rematch.
Let's give Jones both rounds that he got TDs in, even though he didn't establish control or do anything at all with them. Fine, that's still 3-2 Reyes.

Joe Rogan is a habitual dope smoker who seems unable to control his impulses. Judging was fine tonight. If someone wants the judging criteria to change, so be it. But asking a commission to cut off a man from his livelihood is too much.
"judging was fine tonight" if thats what not being a habitual dope smoker has led you to.....you better start rolling up a fatty right now....

the judging was anything but fine, they robbed Reyes of a decision and a belt that he fought his ass off for....and awarded the biggest shithead to ever compete in the UFC at the same time, asking that the one judge that was so out to lunch with his scoring that he couldnt have possibly been actually watching the fight is not at all "too much" the fucking dink obviously cant do his job therefore he should not have that job....

Jon Jones 3-2 or Jon Jones 4-1 doesn't make a difference...Dominic gave up on rnd 5....

Motherfucking judge cost me money. I hope he gets robbed.

Rogan has a better chance of getting shitcanned for no reason at all than a bureaucrat does for incompetence

If Rogan wants people terminated for making dumb calls then he would have lost his job a long time ago.
This has been said already as a snarky comeback when he called out judges, this isn’t an original response. This was a bullshit decision, maybe your troll white belt ass should stay out of it and stick to lurking

Scoring that fight 4-1 for Jones is much more defensible than lots of the shit Rogan says...
  • A scoring system is which fighters literally earn points on a tally per strikes and takedowns landed
  • Letting the fighters know scores mid-fight
  • A 195 pound division
  • Removal of standups and separations for inactivity
  • More judges
And he talks about these ideas as though he's put lots of thought into them, as though it's silly that they haven't been implemented.
That has nothing to do with the Jones fight being a bad decision, I truly recommend you never score a fight again if you think there’s even a chance it was 4-1 Jones.
I will go as far as to say your opinions don’t even matter if you scored the fight or even justify scoring the fight that way.

I get it, you don’t like Rogan, but don’t use that as an excuse to pretend 4-1 Jones is a legitimate scorecard of someone who actually watched the fight.

Back