Joe Rogan Wants Judge Joe Solis Terminated

How angry were you with the judging?

• Total voters
This is the worst comment in this thread. You're either trolling or didn't watch the fight.

Jones resembled Overeem at times and was fully on his bike, Reyes kicked him in the head for it at least once.
You don’t have to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of trolling.

Three experienced, qualified, and licensed judges agree with me. Jon Jones won a clear cut decision and is the greatest MMA champion of all time.

The guy who was looking at his phone was putting other people's livelihood at risk. He should be fired. He wasn't even paying attention. At least Solis was trying to do his job.
He could have been watching the fight on his phone. Even Rogan has said in the past that camera angels used by UFC’s production crew are better for judging fights than sitting cage side. The judges did their job which is to provide an unbiased and accurate account of the fight.

You seem offended. Why? I simply asked you to back up what you said with some proof. You have provided nothing. You are presenting yourself as someone who has some deep knowledge on the subject but you can't prove shit. Seeing as you have resorted to name calling - You are either a bullshitter , straight up liar or your ego is so fragile that you have to try to bolster it by presenting some (lol) valuable info. That doesn't work when you are exposed for shooting your mouth off and trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Neither one of you have shit. Not a quote, not a link, not a document absolutely nothing. Why not just admit that this is what you think not what you know?

Smart people don't need to pretend they know something when they are just theorizing. Smart people also know that "putting two and two together" doesn't always workout, especially when their personal bias' may come into play.

Dana white would be able to provide some proof either way so I'm gonna say pretty sure you aint him

I provided you a link, you just refuse to believe anything. If you don’t think UFC provides 3-4 judges and 2-3 refs per event, then idk what to tell you. Believe what you want I guess...

Absolutely not. Casual.
Absolutely so. Casual, lmao, okay. I tell you what, I’ll wager you any amount of money that you’re willing to lose that if you’ll actually attend an ABC officials class by Big John, Kevin McDonald, Herb Dean, or any reputable officials trainer, you’ll Hear those exact words spoken when it comes to judging. Been there, done that, oh about 10x now.

Casuals are those that use terms like, “To be the Champ, you gotta beat the Champ”, “Never leave it in the hands of the judges”, and they have no business even attempting to act like they know anything about judging...

But please, carry on with your ignorance at the subject at hand...

Absolutely so. Casual, lmao, okay. I tell you what, I’ll wager you any amount of money that you’re willing to lose that if you’ll actually attend an ABC officials class by Big John, Kevin McDonald, Herb Dean, or any reputable officials trainer, you’ll Hear those exact words spoken when it comes to judging. Been there, done that, oh about 10x now.

Casuals are those that use terms like, “To be the Champ, you gotta beat the Champ”, “Never leave it in the hands of the judges”, and they have no business even attempting to act like they know anything about judging...

<DontBelieve1>

He could have been watching the fight on his phone. Even Rogan has said in the past that camera angels used by UFC’s production crew are better for judging fights than sitting cage side. The judges did their job which is to provide an unbiased and accurate account of the fight.

The judges are provided tablets right in front of them of the UFC's production crew cameras and live coverage, so if you're trying to judge from an angle better suited from the camera and such, you can view the screen instead. So, if he was on his phone for any reason, it is a HUGE problem that needs to be dealt with now, and in the future. Maybe no phones should be allowed for octagon side officials, idk...

That's the point I'm trying to make. If Lewis won, how did Reyes not win? By whatever metric Lewis won, Reyes would have also won. It'd be one thing if none of them had their hands raised, but this shows either a bias for one fighter or generally inconsistent judging.

Yeah and what gets me man is that the whole things just reeks of money under the table.
I'm usually not one to cry foul either. If it's a close fight I understand if it could go either way. But these fights weren't like that.....it seemed blatant, and to me that makes it a lot worse.

I provided you a link, you just refuse to believe anything. If you don’t think UFC provides 3-4 judges and 2-3 refs per event, then idk what to tell you. Believe what you want I guess...

Nice try, you provided a link that says absolutely nothing about who these judges are employed by. So your attempt is a complete joke, a strawman type argument at best. IOW no proof whatsoever. In fact you are trying to avoid the whole thing. So why would I believe it?

You said - "I know from first hand experience, and I’ll leave it at that..." . If you have some actual (super secret I guess) first hand experience wouldn't it be pretty easy to know how to prove it.

I am not even talking about your belief that the UFC pays the judges anymore, I believe that to be false. but I'm not the one posting my beliefs as fact. All I'm talking about now is that both of you are full of crap.

I applaud you for at least staying civil though, unlike the other dude who is obviously rattled by being called out. I will never understand why some guys on here have such a hard time admitting they made a mistake....

IT’s no belief, the judges and refs paychecks are signed by Zuffa/Ultimate Fighting Championship.

How much do you think they make per event, I wanna see if you’re even close?

IT’s no belief, the judges and refs paychecks are signed by Zuffa/Ultimate Fighting Championship. SO STILL NO PROOF RIGHT? I mean do you have a check or something? What's the big secret first hand experience you have?

As per your question, why the hell would I want to argue another fact with you? You don't seem to understand the concept of proof or why it's important. If I say X and you say Y what are you gonna do? Hit me with another solid "Believe what you want I guess..."?

And I'll throw you a bone about the first point, but only because it requires virtually no effort on my part.

The TLDR just issued a statement that said, in part "In selecting ringside officials, TDLR takes into consideration recommendations made by UFC. As with all events, TDLR works closely with UFC and other promoters to ensure the quality and experience of referees and judges to protect the health and safety of the fighters."

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-joe-rogan-ufc-247-judging-criticism-backlash

That statement seems to indicate the the TLDR is in charge of the officials doesn't it? This was pointed out all the way back in post #60 in case you missed it. See that's what I believe but I'm not claiming it's a fact. I mean I've been around for a while and had enough exposure to the fight game to feel strongly enough about it to bet some cash on the matter, but if I wanted to state it as fact I'd be able to back it up or if I couldn't I would admit that.

Unless you have something intelligent to add (surprise me!) I don't see much point in continuing this convo.

Cheers

Santos 1 2 5

Reyes 1 2 3

Jon Pulse Jones will get what's coming to him eventually

I just saw another thread that pointed to the fact that one judge scored rd 2 for Jones and the other had Jones winning the 3rd. Why is it so absurd to think that Solis could of seen Jones winning both?

Unless of course you are in the camp that all three judges called it wrong...which I think a lot of people are. If that's Solis shouldnt be singled out.

IT’s no belief, the judges and refs paychecks are signed by Zuffa/Ultimate Fight Championship.

As per your question, why the hell would I want to argue another fact with you? You don't seem to understand the concept of proof or why it's important. If I say X and you say Y what are you gonna do? Hit me with another solid "Believe what you want I guess..."?

And I'll throw you a bone about the first point, but only because it requires virtually no effort on my part.

The TLDR just issued a statement that said, in part "In selecting ringside officials, TDLR takes into consideration recommendations made by UFC. As with all events, TDLR works closely with UFC and other promoters to ensure the quality and experience of referees and judges to protect the health and safety of the fighters."

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-joe-rogan-ufc-247-judging-criticism-backlash

That statement seems to indicate the the TLDR is in charge of the officials doesn't it? This was pointed out all the way back in post #60 in case you missed it. See that's what I believe but I'm not claiming it's a fact. I mean I've been around for a while and had enough exposure to the fight game to feel strongly enough about it to bet some cash on the matter, but if I wanted to state it as fact I'd be able to back it up or if I couldn't I would admit that.

Unless you have something intelligent to add (surprise me!) I don't see much point in continuing this convo.

Cheers

IF you’d like to bet a shit ton of cash, I mean like 5 figures plus, then I’ll provide a license and paycheck to prove you dead wrong. If not, then you’re right, go on your measily way...The choice is yours...

Last edited:
Back