Joe Rogan Reveals Scariest Fighter in UFC History

Who is/was the scariest fighter in UFC history?

• Total voters
Honda Housey, once in a lifetime athlete. Can beat Floyd and Cain at the same time.

None, if you’re a fighter you can’t be scared of anyone. This is a stupid poll and question.

its gotta be rumble. he might not be the scariest from a super bad ass fighters perspective but that man can do it all lol. Great wrestling he can ko you with any shot. Super fast super strong. Iron chin.

Francis is scary but i dont think hes as scary as rumble P4P

Rumble had massive power but I think Ngannou has even upped the ante. He almost knocked Overeem's head off his shoulders. Rumble landed flush on DC and while he hurt him, DC did recover pretty quickly.

If you also want to just talk about "scary", you'd probably have to mention Mir and Palhares. They are by far the 2 guys you'd be most likely to leave the cage with a serious injury after fighting.

ufc218-f4ee5e8d-869c-4d1d-b611-17355809176e.jpg

“He’s so big, dude! He’s so big and so dangerous. He’s incredible. Cain is one of the best of all time; that’s how good Ngannou is. This is the scariest guy I’ve ever seen.

“I’m telling you, dude, if that guy keeps learning, and it seems like he had a weird spot, but you know what I really like about that weird spot that he got into?” He was honest about it. He said, ‘I carried over fear from my last fight.’ A guy that can look at himself that honestly...”

“Francis is the scariest of all time. The thing about Francis is, he’s learning at this really rapid rate when you look at a guy that’s only been doing it for how many years now? 100 percent training, he’s been fighting for maybe five years. I think five years from the time he learned martial arts. Dude, he’s a movie character.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...s-ngannou-cain-velasquez-ko-heavyweight-fight

---

Who is/was the scariest fighter in UFC history during their prime?

You've made this a tainted/biased thread by posting that pic. Also it's human nature to respond / react to what's happened lately and Ngannou fits that bill. The results won't mean much from an overall historical perspective.

Well, that list doesn’t have Don Frye for every selection so...

Pre-surgery Lesnar.

I was in great shape and training myself, and realized if he walked in on me banging his girl, I physically could have done very little to him.

Rumble had massive power but I think Ngannou has even upped the ante. He almost knocked Overeem's head off his shoulders. Rumble landed flush on DC and while he hurt him, DC did recover pretty quickly.

If you also want to just talk about "scary", you'd probably have to mention Mir and Palhares. They are by far the 2 guys you'd be most likely to leave the cage with a serious injury after fighting.

we are talking about the scariest. Mir and paul harris have no place here. Not saying they arent scary but they arent anywhere near the level of these guys.... As far as the reem ko...im pretty sure if rumble landed on someone with a haymaker as wild and swung as hard as francis did he would do the same thing lol. Im convinced DC has a brick for a head, and he didnt really land flush. I have not really seen anoyone take a truly flush shot from either guy and be awake to talk about it.

Lets see what type of power HW rumble has too. God damn thats scary lol

Francis probably would KO any version of anyone.

Ubereem beat the likes of Badr Hari in k1... thats how good he was.

How do you think Francis would do against Badr Hari? :D:D:D

Ubereem was even bigger and more jacked than Francis,
obv way more technical

I was torn between rumble and other.

Rumble has knock you dead power but if you can ride out the initial storm you were in pretty good shape.

I selected other to include Paul Harris. Knowing that if he got ahold of you, there was a good chance that your limb would be completely destroyed, terrifying to think about

Travis Lutter is no where on your list, wtf is wrong with you?

Surprised Lesnar gets any votes?! Francis is way worse.
Brock Lesnar is 6'3 280lbs - two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion, with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college. Who won the UFC Heavyweight title in his 4th professional mma bout.

Francis Ngannou is 6'4 250lbs is a former sand quarry worker, who decided to start boxing at 22.... <36>

Francis is scary but Joe is also no stranger to overblown hyperbole

I went Shane Carwin, that man was every bit as scary as Francis. It is too bad he didn't have a longer career.

Last edited:
Ngannou, but Romero a strong second runner

Jones for me, considering he's undefeated.

Also Ubereem, and Pride Wandy are up there. Or even Fedor after the Nog/CroCop fights.

Back