Joe Rogan on Simone Biles and her Ritalin dependency

No athlete is allowed to use Ritalin for anxiety in Japan. Simone Biles used Ritalin in Rio and won gold medals. She's known about the Olympics being in Tokyo for years now. She's had plenty of time to get past withdrawal. Lack of having Ritalin in her body, or withdrawal caused a deterioration in her PERFORMANCE. She could not compete. That's the end of the story.

I'm not arguing that she didn't fuck up or that she shouldn't have come off ritalin far before the games. There are people who legit think she is using ritalin the same way someone would use steroids, epo, etc. Yes, not having it in her body did likely cause lack of performance, but that's because lifelong use will make you dependent. If you want to classify that as a traditional performance enhancing substance, then I guess water, food, etc. would qualify. Let's not pretend that ritalin is the reason she's such a good gymnast. If that were the case, you'd see several others popping for ritalin.

If you take them most of your life, then stop. It will have the opposite effect of a competitive edge. Makes sense she quit without them. If she really has adhd they aren’t “much” of a ped, if at all. People saying they are totally a ped and the only reason she was good are the same people who have done Ritalin as a recreation drug and not because they have fucked up brain chemistry.

My question is, when did she start taking it? That is a huge factor. If it was after she started doing gymnastics at a high level, then there is a bit of a question of did she do it for gymnastics or for regular life. As is, for real ADHD or for a ped (if she doesn’t really have it)
They said she’s been on it for about 5 years

And the same can be said for someone coming off antidepressants. Would you consider those performance enhancing? Some of you are really dense. You'd see a lot more people getting popped for ritalin if you really think it's giving a major competitive edge.

Dude people use it as a PED.That’s why it’s banned.Look up NFL players getting popped.It’s actually perfect if you get a medical waiver for it (which she has) because you can freely use it.I know a few people that legit need it ,and she may well be one,but it would be naive to not connect the performance enhancing benefits of it to an olympic athlete.The only reason its public apparently is because of a leak

If Ritalin made a difference you can bet the Chinese , Russians and everyone (gymnasts) else would have been taking it.

My buddy who has narcolepsy used to take it. It's supposed to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. Rogan says if she can't take Ritalin, which is meant to treat her ADHD, the ADHD issues would cause her to have mental health issues.

Ah, so the myth of Biles starts to crumble. Rogan should receive an award.

Honestly, the way people have knee-jerk responding by blindly defending her/blindly attacking anyone saying anything critical has been bizarre. Most people didn't care about her before this and most people didn't care much for her sport. It's almost like people are using her as a symbol for something and won't admit it.

Rogan is not accusing her of using Ritalin as a performance enhacing drug. Rogan says if she can't take Ritalin, which is meant to treat her ADHD, the ADHD issues would cause her to have mental health issues.

I'm not arguing that she didn't fuck up or that she shouldn't have come off ritalin far before the games. There are people who legit think she is using ritalin the same way someone would use steroids, epo, etc. Yes, not having it in her body did likely cause lack of performance, but that's because lifelong use will make you dependent. If you want to classify that as a traditional performance enhancing substance, then I guess water, food, etc. would qualify. Let's not pretend that ritalin is the reason she's such a good gymnast. If that were the case, you'd see several others popping for ritalin.

Did she or her pr people say it was the withdrawal that caused her to drop out?

If Ritalin made a difference you can bet the Chinese , Russians and everyone (gymnasts) else would have been taking it.

My buddy who has narcolepsy used to take it. It's supposed to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. Rogan says if she can't take Ritalin, which is meant to treat her ADHD, the ADHD issues would cause her to have mental health issues.

Good luck explaining this to the crowd here. Threads like this always remind me why it's been easy to succeed in society. This is the competition.

I took one in college after a long night of drinking. Took it at like 2AM and had to watch a presentation and I was more focused than I ever had been. It's literally taking meth...That's gotta give you an advantage.
Idk about RItalin but I've taken Adderall and Vyvance and you build tolerance to them really quickly. If Ritalin is similar then Biles probably didn't notice that effect after she started using it regularly. Then again some people who get prescribed these drugs for daily use don't use them that way and save them so they can get those days of uber-focus.

I'm surprised she was able to take it during competitions before
News about a number of American Olympians have medical exemptions was leaked back in 2016. Biles' Medication was listed in the hacked documents

They very well may be .You can get a medical waiver to use it in the Olympics.It CAN be a way to game the system for an advantage .Who has a medical waiver and what for isn’t normally public info.In Simones case it leaked.

It's due to coming off a prescription that you've been using for years. Someone could have the same results coming off an antidepressant that people wouldn't consider performance enhancing. There are loads of people taking ADHD meds daily and almost all aren't doing it for a competitive edge.

And there are "loads of people" taking stimulants without ADHD or a prescription.... for a competitive edge.

Prescription Stimulant Medication Misuse: Where Are We and Where Do We Go from Here?

"Regarding prevalence rates, one of the first studies examining stimulant misuse behavior among college students (Babcock & Byrne, 2000) revealed that 16.6% of the students sampled reported having engaged in prescription stimulant misuse behavior, while other studies have indicated prevalence rates as high as 43% (DeSantis, Webb, & Noar, 2008). More recent research reported the prevalence rate of stimulant misuse was estimated to range between 13 – 23%, approximating around 17% on average (Benson et al., 2015). Studies consistently indicate that the main motivation college students report for misusing prescription stimulants is cognitive and academic enhancement (Benson et al., 2015; Rabiner et al., 2009; Weyandt, et al. 2013).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5113141/

Rogan is not accusing her of using Ritalin as a performance enhacing drug. Rogan says if she can't take Ritalin, which is meant to treat her ADHD, the ADHD issues would cause her to have mental health issues.
i dont think a lot of posters actually watched the vid itt lol

They don't need to change their laws. They just need to make exceptions for participating in the Olympics. Otherwise don't have them in Japan and do it in other countries.

You're saying that Japan should be banned from hosting the Olympics just so Simone Biles can compete while spun to the gills on amphetamines? Is that what you're saying?

they should let athletes do whatever the fuck they want. the reason it is illegal is because the athletes from "parts unknown" generally do not have the means to secure the finest supplement like TJ Dillishaw
I thought something similar when watching the track bike racers. Having a team of four people racing on $40,000 bikes each is essentially padding the medal count of wealthy countries.

And there are "loads of people" taking stimulants without ADHD or a prescription.... for a competitive edge.

Prescription Stimulant Medication Misuse: Where Are We and Where Do We Go from Here?

"Regarding prevalence rates, one of the first studies examining stimulant misuse behavior among college students (Babcock & Byrne, 2000) revealed that 16.6% of the students sampled reported having engaged in prescription stimulant misuse behavior, while other studies have indicated prevalence rates as high as 43% (DeSantis, Webb, & Noar, 2008). More recent research reported the prevalence rate of stimulant misuse was estimated to range between 13 – 23%, approximating around 17% on average (Benson et al., 2015). Studies consistently indicate that the main motivation college students report for misusing prescription stimulants is cognitive and academic enhancement (Benson et al., 2015; Rabiner et al., 2009; Weyandt, et al. 2013).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5113141/

You are missing my point. Ritalin would be an extremely poor choice of a performance enhancing drug at that level. Do you really think Biles is using it for that purpose? Is it really far fetched to think that she uses it daily for ADHD? Do you really think ritalin is what sets her over the edge to perform the way she does? It's far more likely, and I'd say pretty damn certain, that it's coming off a prescription drug she uses daily and has for years. Any doctor will tell you that you are likely not to be yourself coming off meds that you've used long term.

fy6r.gif

fy6o.gif
Yea, that's the good stuff

man i sure wish id be able to perform at a high level
if only there was a pill that would stop me from having anxiety and focus issues
oh shit, there is
my performance was enhanced by me being able to perform.
but it's not a PED because i got an exemption because even gold medals are weaponized in this everything-goes political arena
surely it won't start an arms race with every big power country doping the shit out of their guys in ways that are undetectable by the bodies meant to detect them
surely nobody believes that the spirit of the Olympics is being able to compete without any form of stimulants that would have an effect on your performance. haha, that's for dumb people and idealists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back