Joe Rogan: "McGregor has an illegitimate belt. Ok? It's a made-up belt."

KZ had a pretty good run, and you aren't even including the WEC. I think Lamas had the best run, though. Conor is a close 3rd.

I disagree. KZ's best win was Poirier, whom he defeated in a back and forth war. Conor starched him with one of the first punches he threw, and his other wins are better than KZ's other ones.

You realize Conor has had a harder road to the title than any of Aldo's previous opponents, right? Go on, look it up and tell me who was dispatching of tougher fighters. Lamas is the only guy who comes close.

I love how Conor haters just blatantly make shit up.

Cub Swanson before fighting Edgar beat George Roop, Ross Pearson, Charles Olivera, Dustin Porier, Dennis Siver and Jeremy Stephens. Finishing 4 of those 6 and 2 of those 6 were people who would go on to fight McGregor and strengthen his claim to a title shot. Instead of Swanson getting his title shot he gets Edgar.

Meanwhile, Conor Mcgregor beats Marcus Brimage, Max Holloway, Diego Brandao and Dustin Porier. Instead of giving him a legit opponent like, I don't know Edgar, he gets Dennis Siver.

Cub Swanson before fighting Edgar beat George Roop, Ross Pearson, Charles Olivera, Dustin Porier, Dennis Siver and Jeremy Stephens. Finishing 4 of those 6 and 2 of those 6 were people who would go on to fight McGregor and strengthen his claim to a title shot. Instead of Swanson getting his title shot he gets Edgar.

Meanwhile, Conor Mcgregor beats Marcus Brimage, Max Holloway, Diego Brandao and Dustin Porier. Instead of giving him a legit opponent like, I don't know Edgar, he gets Dennis Siver.

Yeah, and then he got destroyed by Frankie. I agree that Cub should've been given a shot before fighting Frankie, but it didn't work out that way. Conor had already secured his title shot before he accepted the fight with Siver, which he did solely to stay busy and be a company man. He could've sat out and waited, in which case all you haters would be screaming "he's ducking!" It was well known that if Conor were to beat Poirier at 178 then he would get a title shot. Revisionist history seems to be a cornerstone of the average Conor hater.

Yeah, and then he got destroyed by Frankie. I agree that Cub should've been given a shot before fighting Frankie, but it didn't work out that way. Conor had already secured his title shot before he accepted the fight with Siver, which he did solely to stay busy and be a company man. He could've sat out and waited, in which case all you haters would be screaming "he's ducking!" It was well known that if Conor were to beat Poirier at 178 then he would get a title shot. Revisionist history seems to be a cornerstone of the average Conor hater.

What's with this Conor hater nonsense? My point is it is very clear they had wanted Conor for a title shot and gave him a nice smooth road to it. Why not make McGregor vs Edgar?

The belt is as legitimate as an interim belt will ever be. He finished the 2nd guy in the division. It was Aldo that didnt show up to fight, this isnt on McGregor. People gotta stop acting as if McGregor somehow ducked Aldo.

What's with this Conor hater nonsense? My point is it is very clear they had wanted Conor for a title shot and gave him a nice smooth road to it. Why not make McGregor vs Edgar?

Obviously they wanted to give Conor a title shot, he's the second biggest draw in the company right now. That doesn't mean however that the opponents that he had to face to get there were somehow less legitimate than Aldo's other challengers', which is the point that I was arguing against. It wasn't until after Conor had already beaten Poirier and secured his title shot that everyone started crying for the Edgar fight. Then, since Aldo's next challenger had been decided, they matched up the remaining contenders (Cub and Frankie.) Conor then took the Siver fight to stay busy.

His belt is more legitimate than Aldo's. Aldo should have been stripped after that steroid test fiasco.

Well it is a legitimate interim belt, but since it is an interim belt is not really a legitimate championship belt.

Dana set up a scenario where Connor got to fight a guy that beats him 10/10 times, but with only 2 weeks of training was not ready. After the set up fight, he then rewards Connor "the belt" and the fan boys swoon.

It's pretty funny shit to watch the McGregor ball washers get all hard. They are like 13 year old girls at a One Direction concert.

I didn't even include Mendes in Conor's list, you would know that if you actually read my post.

Did Lamas beat Edgar or Mendes? No. Did Mendes have to beat Edgar? No. Did KZ have to beat Mendes or Edgar? No.

Where is this "you must beat the top contenders" rule written anyways? Did Gus beat any top contenders? Did Condit? Hell, even Dodson's recent opponents are nothing to write home about. You seem to want to apply a standard to Conor that doesn't apply to any other fighters.... why is that? Keep talking out of your ass and sipping that haterade.

Because it's illegitimate for someone who beats an old Denis Siver to get a titleshot against the P4P#1 fighter. Some people understand that, and some people prefer use relativism like you. What was his rank at the time? 7? I don't remember.

If you want to pretend that the UFC didn't push everything they could so Conor would get a titleshot, because of business reasons, then you're delusional. Nothing seems more obvious than this. Keep sipping the nutterade

Rogan things Conor's an amazing fighter, he just doesn't have the real belt.

I think it's going to be a struggle for both guys without the IV, it's not like Aldo's not cutting an boat load of weight too.

Also how will aldo fight without IV?

I saw recently by one of Aldo's coach (if I remember right) that he walked at 160, while it's a known fact that Conor walks at 170-172.

Conor is already the champion of the Mcgregor division. The belt is just a formality.

No other FW deserves a title shot more than McGregor right now. Poirier, Holloway, and Mendes is a better set of wins than Edgar's Faber, Swanson, and Oliviera.

You could say he beat a very young and Green Max two years ago, in which time he has grown a lot considering his young age. He then beat Dustin who was having some problems with his chin already and was clearly cutting too much weight and was focusing more on his cut than he was honing his skills. Then he beat a hunting and fishing trip Chad Mendes who just rolled off the couch and accepted the fight a few days prior.

Frankie's win over Oliveira isn't much to write home about really, but he stole Cub's soul in their fight when Cub was on a good streak and looked dangerous. He then showed that he was a level above a very good and experienced fighter in Faber in their fight.

Of course Conor could only beat who was in front of him and he has beat the guy who pushed Aldo the furthest and beat a kid who is now looking like a legit contender, I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit.

I actually think Conor is deserving of a shot for sure (and so is Frankie), but his belt is certainly not the real belt like some people seem to think around here.

It's also a bit harsh on Frankie that he has to fight a fully prepared Chad Mendes and even if he wins there could end up being an immediate rematch and he will have to wait even longer.

Edit: Damn, fucked the quote up.

Because it's illegitimate for someone who beats an old Denis Siver to get a titleshot against the P4P#1 fighter. Some people understand that, and some people prefer use relativism like you. What was his rank at the time? 7? I don't remember.

I'll go ahead and repeat myself since you seem to have trouble with basic reading comprehension. Conor had already secured his title shot after beating Poirier (ranked #6,) he took the Siver fight to stay busy.

Interim belts mean shit. This is coming from a Condit fan.

Confit even said on the most recent interview with Ariel, that his interim belt meant nothing. Although someone should tell Conor, he parades with that thing like it's really the legitamite FW belt.

I disagree. KZ's best win was Poirier, whom he defeated in a back and forth war. Conor starched him with one of the first punches he threw, and his other wins are better than KZ's other ones.
IMO, Hominick > Brimage, Brandao, Siver, Holloway (back then)

Interim belts hold some value when implicated correctly. However, Aldo had fought within the last year, so the interim belt shouldn't have even been in play. Conor's is a fake; it is something solely for the UFC to market.

He beat a 2-week Mendes that he wasn't even supposed to face in the first place. When he first received the title shot against Aldo, he never had to face Edgar or Mendes, that's a fact. I don't care who has "the tougher road", you must beat the top contenders, and we all know why Mendes lost, let's be honest.

And Frankie didnt have to beat Mendes or any top contender, neither did Mendes for both titleshots. KZ didnt beat any top contenders, etc etc. So wtf is your point?

If aldo didn't pussy out, conor would be the so called "real" champion right now. Come december, he will be. I honestly do not see how aldo can beat him. I know that may sound crazy. but the only way I see anyone beating conor is by taking him down and keeping him there for the whole 5 rounds. Which I don't think will ever happen.

conor was ready to go for the fight, aldo pussied out. His belt is not illegitimate. He's on the same level as aldo. Both are champs till december, then conor will decimate aldo. Like I've been saying from the very beginning. He will not only beat aldo, but beat him easy. late 2nd round or 3rd early round stoppage.

I don't care who wins, dude. Lol.

Back