Joe Rogan: "McGregor has an illegitimate belt. Ok? It's a made-up belt."

As a sports fan, I agree completely with Joe. Interim belt shouldn't be considered anywhere close to the real belt, even if Conor had to beat his worst matchup to get it.

But as a McGregor fan, I know that Conor will be holding the real belt in not long. :)

He is right, interim belts dont matter. Seems like they just keep the challengers happy for a short time.

Everyone knows those belts aint shit.

Rogan's likable and interesting when he is around likable and interesting people. he is a douchebag and a retard when around retarded douchebags. that's why I pick his episodes very carefully and avoid the ones with morons on it.

No big deal. Didn't he say "the belts are bullshit." and he said that because the prestige through a continuous lineage was fucked up? Idk if he put it together like that, just saw text no video nor audio. I'm pretty sure the belts that haven't had interim titles that weren't unified with their predecessor have a badass lineage, last time I checked.

You realize Conor has had a harder road to the title than any of Aldo's previous opponents, right? Go on, look it up and tell me who was dispatching of tougher fighters. Lamas is the only guy who comes close.

I love how Conor haters just blatantly make shit up.

Who cares about having a "tougher" road when you didn't even beat the top contenders? Is that how it works now? It might work for the UFC's salesmen, it doesn't work for me nor for the true legitimacy.

Who cares about having a "tougher" road when you didn't even beat the top contenders? Is that how it works now? It might work for the UFC's salesmen, it doesn't work for me nor for the true legitimacy.

"Other contenders?" Lol, wtf does that even mean? He beat everyone the UFC put in front of him, and the guys he beat were better fighters than the guys beaten by Aldo's other challengers. Pretty simple concept here, but you're really gonna make me post all the info and make you look stupid, aren't you?

Lamas - Grice, Swanson, Hioki, Koch

Mendes (1st time) - Omigawa, Rani Yahya

Mendes (2nd time) - Cody F'in McKenzie, Meza, Elkins, Guida and Lentz

Hominick - Caraway, Jabouin, Garcia, Roop

Florian - Nunes

KZ - Garcia, Hominick, Poirier

Frankie - coming off two LOSSES to Bendo

Conor - Brimage, Holloway, Brandao, Poirier, Siver

Even without including Mendes on Conor's list, his is easily the strongest. Some of Aldo's opponents had only beaten one guy to get there or were flat out coming off of losses. The other good list is Lamas', but Conor's is still better. Also keep in mind he didn't even have to take the Siver fight but he wanted to stay busy. Had he not taken it, all of you haters would be screaming "he ducked Siver!"

Guess Conor isnt coming on the podcast soon.

"Other contenders?" Lol, wtf does that even mean? He beat everyone the UFC put in front of him, and the guys he beat were better fighters than the guys beaten by Aldo's other challengers. Pretty simple concept here, but you're really gonna make me post all the info and make you look stupid, aren't you?

Florian - Nunes

Even without including Mendes on Conor's list, his is easily the strongest. Some of Aldo's opponents had only beaten one guy to get there or were flat out coming off of losses. The other good list is Lamas', but Conor's is still better.

He beat a 2-week Mendes that he wasn't even supposed to face in the first place. When he first received the title shot against Aldo, he never had to face Edgar or Mendes, that's a fact. I don't care who has "the tougher road", you must beat the top contenders, and we all know why Mendes lost, let's be honest.

Did anyone catch that at 1:08:00 about worn reebok kits? It's funny because that's actually what the UFC is doing now.

It's not. That's why it's called interim.

If aldo didn't pussy out, conor would be the so called "real" champion right now. Come december, he will be. I honestly do not see how aldo can beat him. I know that may sound crazy. but the only way I see anyone beating conor is by taking him down and keeping him there for the whole 5 rounds. Which I don't think will ever happen.

conor was ready to go for the fight, aldo pussied out. His belt is not illegitimate. He's on the same level as aldo. Both are champs till december, then conor will decimate aldo. Like I've been saying from the very beginning. He will not only beat aldo, but beat him easy. late 2nd round or 3rd early round stoppage.

Florian - Nunes

Even without including Mendes on Conor's list, his is easily the strongest. Some of Aldo's opponents had only beaten one guy to get there or were flat out coming off of losses. The other good list is Lamas', but Conor's is still better. Also keep in mind he didn't even have to take the Siver fight but he wanted to stay busy. Had he not taken it, all of you haters would be screaming "he ducked Siver!"
KZ had a pretty good run, and you aren't even including the WEC. I think Lamas had the best run, though. Conor is a close 3rd.

Funny he wasn't saying this about Carwin or Barao.

And yet he still behaves like a girl around Conor. If anything, it's normal for Joe Rogan to say these things AFTER A WHILE, because he has to stay relatively credible to the eyes of people.

Nothing surprising, Conor's belt is made-up, just like his success. Will be great to see how he can fight against Aldo without IV.

Rogan things Conor's an amazing fighter, he just doesn't have the real belt.

I think it's going to be a struggle for both guys without the IV, it's not like Aldo's not cutting an boat load of weight too.

And yet he still behaves like a girl around Conor. If anything, it's normal for Joe Rogan to say these things AFTER A WHILE, because he has to stay relatively credible to the eyes of people.

Nothing surprising, Conor's belt is made-up, just like his success. Will be great to see how he can fight against Aldo without IV.
Also how will aldo fight without IV?

He beat a 2-week Mendes that he wasn't even supposed to face in the first place. When he first received the title shot against Aldo, he never had to face Edgar or Mendes, that's a fact. I don't care who has "the tougher road", you must beat the top contenders, and we all know why Mendes lost, let's be honest.

I didn't even include Mendes in Conor's list, you would know that if you actually read my post.

Did Lamas beat Edgar or Mendes? No. Did Mendes have to beat Edgar? No. Did KZ have to beat Mendes or Edgar? No.

Where is this "you must beat the top contenders" rule written anyways? Did Gus beat any top contenders? Did Condit? Hell, even Dodson's recent opponents are nothing to write home about. You seem to want to apply a standard to Conor that doesn't apply to any other fighters.... why is that? Keep talking out of your ass and sipping that haterade.

Back