Joe Rogan: "McGregor has an illegitimate belt. Ok? It's a made-up belt."

Well yeah, interim titles are made when a champ is out for an unknown length of time. Aldo just needed two months max for his rib to heal up. Everybody laughed when Vitor said he wanted an interim title fight when Weidman got injured. DC didn't get an interim belt when Jones got injured. They only did it for Conor because they want to call him champ. They wouldn't do it with any other contender unless the champ needed surgery and would be out for more than a year.

Why is Joe pointing this out only now? surely this was established by most ages ago.

IMO, Hominick > Brimage, Brandao, Siver, Holloway (back then)

You mean the Hominick who went on to lose two more fights to journeyman fighters and retire? He's a better win than Poirier, who went on to become a lightweight contender? I disagree. And if you're going to discredit the Holloway win by saying he was green, then you have to also admit that Hominick was over the hill when he got blasted by KZ.

Rogan is becoming less of a company man and more of a senile pothead that is obsessed cryotherapy as each day passes.

He's right and +1 for him having the balls to say it. I bet he gets a call from Dana now.

It's not. That's why it's called interim.

But there wasn't a legitimate reason to have an interim belt. It only came about for marketing reasons and because supposedly Conor demanded it.

You're not supposed to be able to DEMAND a belt be given to you. You are supposed to EARN it.

You mean the Hominick who went on to lose two more fights to journeyman fighters and retire? He's a better win than Poirier, who went on to become a lightweight contender? I disagree. And if you're going to discredit the Holloway win by saying he was green, then you have to also admit that Hominick was over the hill when he got blasted by KZ.
He had just fought Aldo, and then went off the rails. Holloway was a good win, but both he and Poirier are even better now, than before. One of them, at a different weight-class.

Made up because he's a can or made up just for the sake of imagination? Or both maybe?

There was no reason for the interim belt to begin with. They just had to throw it in there to help sell the fight that much more.

Who the hell cares about what this Zuffa employee has to say?
Anyone who gives credit to Joe Rogan is as fake as he is.

Who the hell cares about what this Zuffa employee has to say?
Anyone who gives credit to Joe Rogan is as fake as he is.

In this case he is saying the exact opposite of the company line though. I'm sure Dana called him and bitched him out for it already.

I disagree.

Aldo is too inactive to be considered the champion. If "there is something to be said" for other things... there is something to be said for a champion who backs out of five fights. It is what happened this last time--Aldo backed out of a fight with McGregor.

Time waits for NO man. If you don't want to fight for the championship, then you aren't really the champion. Call it a mini-retirement on Aldo's part. I would give the guy a full pardon if it only happened this one time... but he's done this five times (backing out).

In this case he is saying the exact opposite of the company line though. I'm sure Dana called him and bitched him out for it already.

Yeah, but them he goes on the post interview and say the exactly opposite, "Conor, youre the greatest bullshit bulshit!", this guy is a joke posing as legit, nobody should give him attention

I disagree.

Aldo is too inactive to be considered the champion. If "there is something to be said" for other things... there is something to be said for a champion who backs out of five fights. It is what happened this last time--Aldo backed out of a fight with McGregor.

Time waits for NO man. If you don't want to fight for the championship, then you aren't really the champion. Call it a mini-retirement on Aldo's part. I would give the guy a full pardon if it only happened this one time... but he's done this five times (backing out).

1. He last defended his belt within a year ago.
2. He had a legitimate injury and published the x-rays to prove it.
3. The UFC does not have a history of having interim belts for champions who missed one fight and fought less than a year ago.

If it were to be legit it would have to be a consistent policy. It can't be "Dana and Lorenzo decided..."

And yet he still behaves like a girl around Conor. If anything, it's normal for Joe Rogan to say these things AFTER A WHILE, because he has to stay relatively credible to the eyes of people.

Nothing surprising, Conor's belt is made-up, just like his success. Will be great to see how he can fight against Aldo without IV.

First of all I would be surprised if you had any evidence that Conor was using IV's when it was Aldo that actually broached the subject. Secondly his made up belt will always be more than the accomplishments of some keyboard bound troll like yourself. I doubt his success is simply made up. It was earned and grabbed that brass ring unlike other fighters.

You simply don't like him because he has the chutzpah to do what you yourself cannot. Instead you tirelessly troll EVERY thread and usually respond to thread starts within a page or so. Are you that vapid and vacuous that your life simply revolves around having the most "controversial" opinion? Or do you feel that way because people are simply fans of a fighter? I'm sure you will attempt to make it personal and call me a nut hugger or something but it will only prove to people what you are.

God I feel sorry for you in a way. The sad thing is you'll reply to this thinking I'll read or care what ever insult you intend to type up. Your trolling isn't that good so don't be surprised when I have better things to do and don't answer you.

Yeah, but them he goes on the post interview and say the exactly opposite, "Conor, youre the greatest bullshit bulshit!", this guy is a joke posing as legit, nobody should give him attention

You mean the post fight interview? Well yeah, that part is his job. He's a commentator for the UFC. He can't go on there and start talking trash "Conor that was good and I'm going to let you finish but Aldo is the real champ."

In his podcasts it's completely different. He is free to more speak his mind.

I disagree.

Aldo still fights 1-2 times, per year. That's active, compared to other champions, even with injuries. I don't give two shits and a fuck how many fights Aldo has backed out of, he's fought the fighters he supposed to fight, and he beat them all. How does that show that Aldo does not want to fight for the belt? Aldo is the champion, until he is beaten. End of.

Apparently Joe can smoke so much weed he forgets who he works for, his job and everything else he's ever said. Kinda impressive really.

Back