Joe Rogan: Jones is kidding himself if he thinks he can box with Klitschko

klitschko-brothers.jpg

I wouldn't watch it. It'd be such a beat down it wouldn't be entertaining at all. Jones would lose an eye.

Thank you Joe for saying what we already knew (not sarcasm believe it or not)

Watching a Klitschko fight is similar to watching paint dry or grass grow.

Do I respect their skills and accolades? Yes

Would I ever go out of my way to watch one of their fights? Hell no! Unless I needed help falling asleep or something.

Wlad would murder Jones in a boxing match and possibly a kickboxing match. I'm also unsure why people find him so boring. He dominates his opponents and has a very good ko ratio. I guess because he's not a black American, he's not an exciting boxer.

that straight right hand would be devastating for Jones's health

Is ther any MMa fighter that could compete against a pro boxer?

I doubt it.

that straight right hand would be devastating for Jones's health

Forget the straight right, Jones would suffer a concussion or be flat out KO'd strictly on jabs half way through the fight.

Damn why did I open this thread and read a page and a half.

Good night Shertardland!

No shit. He would get worked. Kickboxing he might have a chance...especially if it was a rule set that included clinching, like full thai rules.

Yup, agree, and I'm a JBJ fan! Jones is out of his mind if he thinks he can beat Klitschko... kickboxing... maybe..

Wlad would murder Jones in a boxing match and possibly a kickboxing match. I'm also unsure why people find him so boring. He dominates his opponents and has a very good ko ratio. I guess because he's not a black American, he's not an exciting boxer.

lol... This is exactly why no one thought Kostya Tszyu was exciting or why Gennady Golovkin and Sergey Kovalev are not being hyped as incredibly exciting fighters. People don't think Wlad is boring because of prejudice. People think he's boring because he fights with an extremely dull style and the vast majority of his competition don't offer much of anything (this is a sign of both the weakness of the current division and the quality of Wlad). He is a great fighter, no doubt, but his fights are not very compelling. Vitali tends to be more exciting.

Throw in the ring with a 50 year old Holyfield and Jonathan will be like Eric Sloane in Kickboxer, would leave the arena in a stretcher, again.

lol... This is exactly why no one thought Kostya Tszyu was exciting or why Gennady Golovkin and Sergey Kovalev are not being hyped as incredibly exciting fighters. People don't think Wlad is boring because of prejudice. People think he's boring because he fights with an extremely dull style and the vast majority of his competition don't offer much of anything (this is a sign of both the weakness of the current division and the quality of Wlad). He is a great fighter, no doubt, but his fights are not very compelling. Vitali tends to be more exciting.

The black American comment was sort of a joke. It does seem that it is hard for people to get behind a non-American heavyweight champion for some reason though. I like both Klitschkos. To each his own I guess.

he couldnt outbox gus whats he gonna do to any boxer let alone Klitschko? jones is good with his elbows and kicks, both of which aren't allowed in boxing. Dude says some dumb shit sometimes

Well, yeah. Did anyone think Jones could even test Klitschko?

Back