Joe Rogan: Jones is kidding himself if he thinks he can box with Klitschko

Lol. 60 Wins with 51 KOs. Walks through his opponents and he apparently is so boring people fall asleep. Let me guess, heavyweight boxing has been dead since a big, bad, black American was champ.

I dont know I somewhere fell asleep and cant remember at what point.

Lol. 60 Wins with 51 KOs. Walks through his opponents and he apparently is so boring people fall asleep. Let me guess, heavyweight boxing has been dead since a big, bad, black American was champ.

To be fair, Klitschko isn't an exciting fighter in the least. He used to be, before Manny Steward (and it caused him to get stopped 3 times against less than elite fighters). I don't blame him for his style, at all, though.

His hands looked very tepid against Gustafsson, it the rest of his Muay Thai game that saved him in that fight.

I agree with Joe here...any MMA fighter would be destroyed by either brother in boxing.

Jones likes to dream big. Whatever motivates him I guess. Don't think that is anything to be taken seriously.

For someone who very rarely watches boxing, is it worth it to find and watch Klitschko fights?

There was a documentary out a few years ago called "Klitschko". Even if you aren't a huge fan of boxing, I highly recommend it. A truly amazing story of how these 2 brothers grew up in radioactive slums that would make American ghettos look like a country club, yet both became World Champions. Check it out if you can find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR8b31BJfao

Actually they are both very boring. Paw, paw, Jab, straight right, repeat until opponent can take no more.

It's like watching a ripped tim sylvia fight.

For someone who very rarely watches boxing, is it worth it to find and watch Klitschko fights?

i know i'll catch shit for this, but i kinda enjoy watching wladimir fight more than mayweather. idk, i still like hw boxing lol. plus his entrances are insane

I think the Klitschko bros are underrated because their "boring" style. Excitement =/= skill.

Granted, the competition of this era is super weak.

I remember when Jones said Arlovski schools him in stand up.

No take downs?

No elbows or spinning elbows?

No kicks to the knee or any part of the body?

No finger in the eye?

Jones would not beat Gus in a fight like that. Klitchko? C'mon...

Jones boxing is incredible. He spent his whole camp working on it, didn't even bother to try and take Gus down and finish him even though he could at any moment, and had his corner rub sandpaper all over his face in between rounds so that Gus would feel better about himself and a false sense of drama and competitiveness would be built up during the fight to entertain the fans.

He clearly just wanted to demonstrate that he was better than Gus standing and in boxing, and proved this by handily outstriking him while confidently not trying to get the fight to the ground at all. Gus had no answers for Jones' superior technical boxing skills, such as his spinning elbows, eyepokes, knee cap kicks, and slapping head kick feints that he intentionally aimed high to lull Gus into a false sense of security, only to use his hand to redirect his kicks back on track to Gus' head while sacrificing no power in the process.

Jones could clearly smash a Klitschko bro standing just as clearly as he outstruck Gus after choosing to keep the fight standing to prove his mastery of all facets of fighting.

Wlad has one of the best jabs in boxing. Jones could barely deal with Gus' jab.

Not only that, those jabs are mortars. I think he can take a regular human being out to sleep with one of those.
If you watch the second Brewster fight, if you don't fall asleep :icon_lol: you'll see that he pick him apart with fucking JABS. Brewster was done by then but he's still a pro.

The best HEAVYWEIGHT mma boxer is jds, and against either klitschko bro, he would get made look amateur. Jones would be clean knocked out in less than 3 rounds.

The Klitschko brothers have built their careers on KOing "big bad black" American boxers. If these guys were American, the media would be all over them

The Jones boxing a Klitschko thing was a joke right? There are 147 lb boxers that would light Jones up much less one of the fucking Klitschko who are fucking bigger than him.

Not only do you not want to download or watch any of their fights, you probably don't want to watch a heavyweight fight in general, since Lennox is gone. Waste of time. What a fucking horrible job calling on of their fights would be...

and Vitali with a jab... and another jab... and another... down goes xyz generic opponent.
Boring as fuck.

James Toney would beat him in straight boxing...

It's the same when people said that Anderson could ko Hoost in a kickboxing match.
Jones would maul Klitschko in a mma bout, but in boxing Jones wouldn't last a few rounds.

Back