Joe Duffy has better boxing than Conor and Nate imo. W Gifs

No, I didn't. I said the exact counter to to a left hook is a left hook. Speaking of reading our own posts, read yours. You just suggested that the guy should have ducked under a left hook TO THE BODY. Excellent suggestion, bro. Agian, what you're suggesting is "counter punching" in the sense of a defensive fighting tactic, but it is not the exact counter punch. If you can't grasp what I'm saying, you don't know anywhere near as much about boxing as you think you do.
This is getting funny. He read something wrong yet again lmao. At the end of that post i stated that i was talking about regular hooks, not body hooks, but somehow you didn't see that. First learn how to read properly buddy, after that study some boxing.

This is getting funny. He read something wrong yet again lmao. At the end of that post i stated that i was talking about regular hooks, not body hooks, but somehow you didn't see that. First learn how to read properly buddy, after that study some boxing.

That's not what it said to begin with "Good riddiance, expert" was the end of the comment. But we can keep playing silly little games, it's cool. You were absolutely talking about ducking a hook to the body. I've been involved with boxing my whole life. Tell me some more actual boxing. You've only actually tried doing that twice, and only really just to stick your toes in the pool. And that's because we both know you really don't know what you're talking about.

That's not what it said to begin with "Good riddiance, expert" was the end of the comment. But we can keep playing silly little games, it's cool. You were absolutely talking about ducking a hook to the body. I've been involved with boxing my whole life. Tell me some more actual boxing. You've only actually tried doing that twice, and only really just to stick your toes in the pool. And that's because we both know you really don't know what you're talking about.
Are you actually stupid? Look the comment up and tell me again what the end of the comment was idiot. Like i said, first learn to read then after that study some boxing, because everything you say makes me laugh. Saying a slipping right hand isn't a counter lmao.

Are you actually stupid? Look the comment up and tell me again what the end of the comment was idiot. Like i said, first learn to read then after that study some boxing, because everything you say makes me laugh. Saying a slipping right hand isn't a counter lmao.

Are you? I read the original comment. I know your comment doesn' say "edited". I'm not really sure how you did that, it was pretty slick though. Again, notice how you're trying to drive the conversation away from anything actually boxing related so you don't have to go into technical detail? Why is that? And I said it isn't a counter punch. I said it's counter fighting. Again, you're the one who needs to learn to read. You can't understand the difference between "counter fighting" and "counter punching". Yet you're boxing knowledge is apparently limitless.

Are you? I read the original comment. I know your comment doesn' say "edited". I'm not really sure how you did that, it was pretty slick though. Again, notice how you're trying to drive the conversation away from anything actually boxing related so you don't have to go into technical detail? Why is that? And I said it isn't a counter punch. I said it's counter fighting. Again, you're the one who needs to learn to read. You can't understand the difference between "counter fighting" and "counter punching". Yet you're boxing knowledge is apparently limitless.
What the hell are you on about? Do you think i hacked into sherdog for you? He still doesn't say he's wrong but implies i did something shady because he refuses to say he was wrong, just like he refuses to see that he doesn't know shit about boxing lmao. Why do you want to switch the object you were wrong about? If you want to talk boxing ask me something. I already tried to explain to you that a slip right hand is a counter to a left hook, but i guess you are too dumb to understand.

What the hell are you on about? Do you think i hacked into sherdog for you? He still doesn't say he's wrong but implies i did something shady because he refuses to say he was wrong, just like he refuses to see that he doesn't know shit about boxing lmao. Why do you want to switch the object you were wrong about? If you want to talk boxing ask me something. I already tried to explain to you that a slip right hand is a counter to a left hook, but i guess you are too dumb to understand.

Because I'm not wrong. I read your entire quote. There was nothing after "good riddance, expert". I don't really care how you did it, but stop pretending to try to save face in a discussion that only you and I are involved in. If you think there are a bunch of other people coming in here to read our conversation, you're wrong.

I'm not switching anything. You refuse to even talk about boxing. I've been involved in boxing my whole life, so please come at me some more with this idiotic "dosen't know shit about boxing nonsense". You said slip a left hook to the body. And again, I said you're talking about counter fighting. You aren't talking about a counter punch. You don't know the difference. You can't fathom for a single second what I am talking about, or have been talking about the entire time, yet I don't know anything about boxing and should go read. Cool story. Just keep loling your way to failing out of your own thread.

Because I'm not wrong. I read your entire quote. There was nothing after "good riddance, expert". I don't really care how you did it, but stop pretending to try to save face in a discussion that only you and I are involved in. If you think there are a bunch of other people coming in here to read our conversation, you're wrong.

I'm not switching anything. You refuse to even talk about boxing. I've been involved in boxing my whole life, so please come at me some more with this idiotic "dosen't know shit about boxing nonsense". You said slip a left hook to the body. And again, I said you're talking about counter fighting. You aren't talking about a counter punch. You don't know the difference. You can't fathom for a single second what I am talking about, or have been talking about the entire time, yet I don't know anything about boxing and should go read. Cool story. Just keep loling your way to failing out of your own thread.
LMAO

Duffy is good, and I'm a fan, but as an mma boxer I can't agree that he's better than Conor or Nate right now.

Wondering why after talking about shoulder rolls, there are none of them in the gifs posted.

I think Duffy is or at least was before losing to Poirier a bit overhyped just because he has a win over Conor. He's a good fighter with great potential but he's not a championship-caliber fighter yet.

Every punch is a body weight punch what exactly is a non body weight punch? The longer the path the more you can build up momentum regardless of punch at some point it doesn't matetr anymore or it screws up your punching mechanics but it's still msotly true.

You counter left hooks with whatever you can.
Countering on the same side is still the most devastating option for any counter if you can pull it off as the opponent won't see it coming and is in and position from strikes coming from that direction and if it's timing perfectly it's impossible to bring back the arm in time to block.

If you counter with a left hook on your own then there's a good chance that the opponent has his right hand up and in general it means that the better hooker wins if you keep doing it over the entire fight.

Bernard Hopkins negated Trinidad's left hook with the threat of a right hand and he finished Trinidad with a right hand counter against Tito's left hook

Hard to use Hopkins as an example. He has a very special right hand. One of the best in boxing. It isn't a clean counter either, it's more of a reactionary punch. Block and fire back.

Anyway, I think you both good points. Yes, you can have range on your body shots and there is a time and place for many different punches, but no even then I don't think it was a great punch. He's a decent boxer, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting countered/caught using that punch in the near future.

So many factors though, so we'll see.

One of the best boxer around for sure.
He will make noise

Wondering why after talking about shoulder rolls, there are none of them in the gifs posted.
I couldn't find them. Watch the Poirier fight, he uses it there at times too.

Duffy has good hands for sure but he doesn't seem to be able to put it together on the biggest stage

Even in his first fight with Conor it didn't look like he was the superior stand up fighter even though he won
I do believe his win against Conor was before he stepped away from MMA and predominantly trained in boxing.

You can edit your own post without it being seen. Most people post EDIT under their original post, to clarify that they did make an edit. I normally don't, because I'm usually making a simple spelling edit.

Yeah he does have some of the better boxing at Lightweight.

What people need to remember is that Poirier actually done most of the damage in the clinch with dirty boxing and not necessarily in boxing range.

Back