Joe Duffy has better boxing than Conor and Nate imo. W Gifs

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Watching his ufc fights, his boxing is so slick. He's one of the few who really succeeds at using that shoulder roll in mma and he actually uses bodyshots with his hands effectively. He draws opponents in with his shoulder roll and actually counters them properly with it. His jab off the shoulder roll is great too because of his hands being low, thus making the jab have more 'pop' and it being more unpredictable.
Joseph%2BDuffy%2BStops%2BJake%2BLindsey%2BUFC%2B185.gif

SinfulShallowAmericancicada.gif
Just look at that left hook to the body, beautiful.
His combinations are slick as hell and his footwork is great. Many people forget he was destroying Porier on the feet before it went to to the ground.

I think he owns Mcgregor again in a rematch and Diaz maybe, if his cardio holds up.
What do you guys think? Discuss.
original

Duffy has very legit boxing. Some of the best hands in the division. I missed his fight with Clarke though, did he show any improvements after his loss to DDP?

Duffy has very legit boxing. Some of the best hands in the division. I missed his fight with Clarke though, did he show any improvements after his loss to DDP?
The gif shows the finish at 15 seconds into the first round. So no.

Expect a whole lot of backlash from the Conor kids. Incoming in 3.......2........1.......

image.jpeg

His boxing and BJJ are quite good. I rooted for him in the Poirier fight..
Yeah, he probably wins the reamatch...

But... He's a LW... Mcg is the FW champ... There's a FW interim champ... Not a Fight that Mcg would take (probably not a money fight)...
Well...

tumblr_m2yr8j9pLe1rn5b0zo1_500.gif

His boxing and BJJ are quite good. I rooted for him in the Poirier fight..
Yeah, he probably wins the reamatch...

But... He's a LW... Mcg is the FW champ... There's a FW interim champ... Not a Fight that Mcg would take (probably not a money fight)...
Well...

tumblr_m2yr8j9pLe1rn5b0zo1_500.gif
But Conor McGregor is not featherweight. He is 145 champ, but he doesn't belong in that division anyway.

But Conor McGregor is not featherweight. He is 145 champ, but he doesn't belong in that division anyway.
I believe i can agree with ya. But since he didn't vacated the title yet, we need to think he's a FW (champ).

Poirier whooped him on the feet and on the ground. Duffy is fine but he is nothing special really.

Duffy has major problems with his shoulder roll. It's just not working for him against tall guys with ufc gloves.

Watching his ufc fights, his boxing is so slick. He's one of the few who really succeeds at using that shoulder roll in mma and he actually uses bodyshots with his hands effectively. He draws opponents in with his shoulder roll and actually counters them properly with it. His jab off the shoulder roll is great too because of his hands being low, thus making the jab have more 'pop' and it being more unpredictable.
Joseph%2BDuffy%2BStops%2BJake%2BLindsey%2BUFC%2B185.gif

SinfulShallowAmericancicada.gif
Just look at that left hook to the body, beautiful.
His combinations are slick as hell and his footwork is great. Many people forget he was destroying Porier on the feet before it went to to the ground.

I think he owns Mcgregor again in a rematch and Diaz maybe, if his cardio holds up.
What do you guys think? Discuss.
original

If you like wild, telegraphed haymakers to the body, that left hook was beautiful

I think in terms of the smaller, and more subtle things, yes. But I think if we're just talking throwing hands in general, I still think Conor is the superior boxer. His combinations (even though he's kind of a one-armed puncher now) are pretty slick, and his countering ability and knowledge of distance is pretty damn awesome as well. It pains me to say that, because I can't stand Conor or his fans, but you gotta give credit where credit's due. The man's got some good hands. But Firas did bring up a good point recently, he mentioned that Conor's movements are all big and explosive, which I think he's right (of course he is, he's Firas). I think Duffy's got the better head movement, set ups, and footwork, while Conor is obviously the bigger and better puncher.

I'm going to disagree until we see him beat somebody credible, he does go to the body well but he needs a step up in competition. McGregor got his way to a UFC world title using his boxing 90% of the time.

Poirier whooped him on the feet and on the ground. Duffy is fine but he is nothing special really.

Duffy hit Dustin with some good shots. Rearranged his face. Dustin proved to be tougher though and used his wrestling to secure the win. First round of that fight was insane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back