Joe Duffy has better boxing than Conor and Nate imo. W Gifs

He doesn't beate Nate and I doubt he beats McGregor again.

Poirier whooped him on the feet and on the ground. Duffy is fine but he is nothing special really.
Go watch that fight again. He went to the ground because he was getting lit up on the feet.

Duffy's boxing is some of the most beautiful that I have ever seen in MMA. Ireland is a small, small place but the country has an incredible tradition in boxing and it is now starting to bleed thru to MMA. He reminds me alot of Spadafora (the only guy to whup Mayweather). Like The Pittsburgh Kid, he might not have the most speed, or the most flash, but has great old school bread and butter fundamentals.

You also have to account for competition. I really don't see how you can be so sure Duffy would win a rematch when the level of competition he has looked impressive against is nowhere near the same level of competition Conor has been facing.

Now that doesn't mean he couldn't win the rematch, I'm just not sure you can base it off what we've seen from him since their first fight.

And on top of that his ground game is pretty solid.

Oh yeah it's pretty high level that's what makes him a tough match up for someone like Conor. I was surprised to see how Poirier handled him though he's very improved at LW.

You also have to account for competition. I really don't see how you can be so sure Duffy would win a rematch when the level of competition he has looked impressive against is nowhere near the same level of competition Conor has been facing.

Now that doesn't mean he couldn't win the rematch, I'm just not sure you can base it off what we've seen from him since their first fight.
I base it off their boxing technique. That doesn't change when fighting higher or lower ranked opposition.

Duffy would give Conor some problems. It's a fight that needs to happen.

There have been many hooks just as wide which landed that way on elite boxers.

Does that make them "good"? Don't throw wide hooks where your head comes first, then try to convince me that it's a "good" hook because it landed and you didn't get knocked out.

Watching his ufc fights, his boxing is so slick. He's one of the few who really succeeds at using that shoulder roll in mma and he actually uses bodyshots with his hands effectively. He draws opponents in with his shoulder roll and actually counters them properly with it. His jab off the shoulder roll is great too because of his hands being low, thus making the jab have more 'pop' and it being more unpredictable.
Joseph%2BDuffy%2BStops%2BJake%2BLindsey%2BUFC%2B185.gif

SinfulShallowAmericancicada.gif
Just look at that left hook to the body, beautiful.
His combinations are slick as hell and his footwork is great. Many people forget he was destroying Porier on the feet before it went to to the ground.

I think he owns Mcgregor again in a rematch and Diaz maybe, if his cardio holds up.
What do you guys think? Discuss.
original

Khabib beats em all but that is not the point IMO. Alot of fans just think everyone except the absolute greatest fighter ever sucks, but I think it is about making awesome match ups to me. And in my opinion, there are a handful of fights at 55 now that only find rival amongst the the Fantastic Four in boxing (Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Hagler). To me, Conor vs Duffy would be one of the most entertaining fights out there. Some other incredible stylistic fight would be Diaz vs Poirier/Ferguson, Ferguson vs Diaz and Lando vs Conor/Duffy.

Both Duffy and Conor are on some cutting edge/next lel shizzle. It is crazy to think that they fought years ago in obscurity, for prolly a couple hundred bucks, and now they would sell near 2 million PPV's.

Does that make them "good"? Don't throw wide hooks where your head comes first, then try to convince me that it's a "good" hook because it landed and you didn't get knocked out.

It was wide but it wasn't unnecessarily wide. It was wide enough for him to get the power he wanted and if he threw it shorter it may had not finished the fight.

His opponent was backing up and had his right hand in no position to counter even if he knew how to and he started the left hook with his head being removed from the centerline so it was pretty safe to throw in that moment.

There's a moment for anything and that was the moment for that kind of hook, there was a reason why it worked so yes it was a good punch

wouldnt go that far yet, he's very slick though and personally i think hes a top 5 striker at LW.

Poirier whooped him on the feet and on the ground. Duffy is fine but he is nothing special really.
you might wanna go rewatch that fight, duffy was winning on the feet and had dustin in trouble a few times.

He does has better boxing. IN a boxing match, he'll beat both of those guys. But he will still improve and be better. I still have high hopes for this guy to get another big match up again.

He hasn't been any other good boxers.. so yeah. Don't bring up McGregor, Duffy took him down.

Duffy has very legit boxing. Some of the best hands in the division. I missed his fight with Clarke though, did he show any improvements after his loss to DDP?
that gif is the entire fight.

Back