Joanna Jed's striking is not elite. Stop repeating it like its true.

Then how the FUCK is she knocking everybody out?

But you can't integrate MMA into boxing like you can boxing for MMA, there's no need for a journeyman level boxer to know any other martial arts.
Really? No need at all to learn other skills?

So I guess James Tony did pretty well in his fight with Couture, right? Or how about those fights where JDS didn't get mauled by Cain Velasquez.

Come on. You're smarter than this.

So I guess James Tony did pretty well in his fight with Couture, right? Or how about those fights where JDS didn't get mauled by Cain Velasquez.

That's not what he meant at all. Why would a boxer learn leg kicks for boxing? You're trying to twist his post into something different.

elite for WMMA yes.

better striking technique than most men in MMA yes.

think about all the bad amateur MMA orgs and how mediocre or just plain bad a lot of guys are outside of the top 10, men just have the power to make up for it.

elite for WMMA yes.

better striking technique than most men in MMA yes.

think about all the bad amateur MMA orgs and how mediocre or just plain bad a lot of guys are outside of the top 10, men just have the power to make up for it.

Exactly,you have to be silly to think there ARENT top 10 guys right now who dont have half the technique she does.
Khabib might be the champion real soon at lw,you gonna tell me hes a better technical striker than she is ?

Last edited:
That's not what he meant at all. Why would a boxer learn leg kicks for boxing? You're trying to twist his post into something different.
Right, except that this is not a Boxing forum, it's MMA, and he directly said that a "journeyman level boxer" can integrate to MMA and doesn't have "to know any other martial arts." There's a lot of very obvious evidence to disprove that statement. I'm not trying to "twist" anything here - boxing is not MMA and MMA is not boxing. Period.

She's not.

Truth. but...She is beating the unholy bejeezus out of them though,their faces are all mangled up after they fight her,in contrast to alot of other WMMA fights

6 time world Muay Thai champion + nearly 70 Kickboxing fights + UFC champion based exclusively on her striking. Shes not winning these fights by sub or wresting. But shes not a good striker.....what more does she need to do....
Beat prime Fedor, Silva and left hook Larry Bisping in the cage at the same time.

If you want to take it that seriously, there aren't ANY elite strikers in MMA period. JDS's boxing? Let's see him fight Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder. But he's great (when you compare him to Cain). As far as JJ not being better than men at striking, she lacks what, power? Ineffective technique is now favored over mauling your opponent by any means necessary? 6x Muay Thai champion, but at 115 lbs, she doesn't have the stopping power of Jeremy Stephens, so she's a scrub lol. Also dismiss her work in the clinch as if there is no technique there. She throws better elbows from the inside than 99% of the roster. TS is a bum.

Last edited:
Her striking looks different at times because it's MMA and people are constantly defending TDs; not to mention that fighting in what's essentially a big circle is different from a regular sized square.

Multiple time world champion in striking, but she's not elite in MMA. Okay, Sherdog. You know best.

that's more a reflection of the depth of women's combat sport competition, not her actual skill. proof someone with average skill can be a world champ, whereas someone with her equivalence of skill in mens sport would be the guy you see on friday night fights being paid to lose to the elite guy

Right, except that this is not a Boxing forum, it's MMA, and he directly said that a "journeyman level boxer" can integrate to MMA and doesn't have "to know any other martial arts." There's a lot of very obvious evidence to disprove that statement. I'm not trying to "twist" anything here - boxing is not MMA and MMA is not boxing. Period.

A Journeyman boxer has boxing. That is it. A Journeyman mma fighter has boxing plus other tools implanted in. Every mma fighter has to learn boxing. Not every journeyman boxer needs to learn leg kicks or grappling.

that is the only reason a boxer loses to a mma fighter in a mma fight. It's been proven 100 times boxing has better athletes with more skill. Ask any mma fighter and almost all will say striking is the hardest martial art to learn. It also pays the most.

MMA is a sport for people who cant box. Because low level champions in boxing still make 3-4 million a fight.

A Journeyman boxer has boxing. That is it. A Journeyman mma fighter has boxing plus other tools implanted in. Every mma fighter has to learn boxing. Not every journeyman boxer needs to learn leg kicks or grappling.

that is the only reason a boxer loses to a mma fighter in a mma fight. It's been proven 100 times boxing has better athletes with more skill. Ask any mma fighter and almost all will say striking is the hardest martial art to learn. It also pays the most.

MMA is a sport for people who cant box. Because low level champions in boxing still make 3-4 million a fight.

Every MMA fighter has to learn boxing? Lol that is so untrue I have to wonder if you've ever actually watched an MMA fight. Do you consider any form of punching to be "boxing"? Because there's a difference between boxing and, say, karate. Lyoto Machida is not a boxer of any skill level, yet he's thrown KO punches. Khabib is possibly the worst striker in the UFC and he's undefeated. Ronda's boxing is so awful, she'd actually be better at it if she had never trained it at all, and yet she was a long-reigning and popular champion.

Either you have no idea what you're talking about or you're trolling. I'm inclined to believe the former, though for your sake I sincerely hope for the latter.

I mean FOR BOXING, dumbass. Boxers have no reason to train other martial arts for when they box, MMA fighters learn boxing because they can use it in MMA. Come on, You're smarter than this.

I mean FOR BOXING, dumbass. Boxers have no reason to train other martial arts for when they box, MMA fighters learn boxing because they can use it in MMA. Come on, You're smarter than this.
Okay, so you're talking about BOXING in this MMA thread in this MMA forum and you act as though it has some kind of bearing on MMA. It doesn't and you know it.

Once again, BOXING is *not* MMA. Please stop comparing them. Thanks.

Back