Joanna Jed's striking is not elite. Stop repeating it like its true.

Okay, so you're talking about BOXING in this MMA thread in this MMA forum and you act as though it has some kind of bearing on MMA. It doesn't and you know it.

Once again, BOXING is *not* MMA. Please stop comparing them. Thanks.
Wow, you're very insecure about the sport of MMA. Just saying that considering most fighters train at least basic boxing, the quality is still very low.

I have noticed her last two fights she seems to have won simply by being the fresher fighter.

She fights like a girl

Wow, you're very insecure about the sport of MMA. Just saying that considering most fighters train at least basic boxing, the quality is still very low.

some guys train basic boxing,but who are their sparring partners? How much attention is given to actually implementing it as a huge part of their game? if you see substandard "technical" boxing is because the fighters probably dont NEED it to be that good,and they are probably right. Many fighters have had successful careers without being technically good strikers because they dont need it. Whatever works,in mma,thats the key. Fedor had better striking than alot of HWs in his era,but some of what he threw were wild overhand rights and crazy ridgehands..but it worked for him for almost a decade. Whatever you can make work...people see sloppy striking as a negative because they dont like MMA to be seen as less than boxing,but they should just look at it as being different,thats all. How good at wrestling are the best boxers? exactly.

There are no women's fighter in the UFC that are currently elite if we are defining elite as having better technical skills compared to the rest. Their skill level are all relatively the same, and relatively terrible compared to the males.

Why would anyone compare the girls to the guys? It's not like they're going to fight each other.

I have noticed her last two fights she seems to have won simply by being the fresher fighter.

Its not only that. Its her skills at striking come into play even more so. For mayweather it was largely the same. A fighter could come at him with the kitchen sink,and even pick up rounds on him...but eventually you got tired trying to hit him,and he is still fresh...and his skills picked you off completley. A tired fighter can still win a fight,but NOT against someone like Joanna. Her skills are allready too good as it is,but when your tired,theres like no chance.

LoL Joanna got dropped within seconds against Claudia, a BJJ blackbelt.

Silva got rocked by chael. he must not have elite striking either. I always love the arm chair martial artist here and their logic.

" if a punch connects then the persons overrated!!"

Why would anyone compare the girls to the guys? It's not like they're going to fight each other.

I think most people who are down on WMMA and see Joanna,and say "well thats more like it. I wish more woman fought like that"

Silva got rocked by chael. he must not have elite striking either. I always love the arm chair martial artist here and their logic.

" if a punch connects then the persons overrated!!"
Also,if you trick someone into worrying about the takedown you can land a punch or two. If Claudia and Joanna were in a kickboxing match claudia wouldnt win one round.

Its not only that. Its her skills at striking come into play even more so. For mayweather it was largely the same. A fighter could come at him with the kitchen sink,and even pick up rounds on him...but eventually you got tired trying to hit him,and he is still fresh...and his skills picked you off completley. A tired fighter can still win a fight,but NOT against someone like Joanna. Her skills are allready too good as it is,but when your tired,theres like no chance.
so we're agreed Joanna would beat Floyd.
lReroJR.gif

some guys train basic boxing,but who are their sparring partners? How much attention is given to actually implementing it as a huge part of their game? if you see substandard "technical" boxing is because the fighters probably dont NEED it to be that good,and they are probably right. Many fighters have had successful careers without being technically good strikers because they dont need it. Whatever works,in mma,thats the key. Fedor had better striking than alot of HWs in his era,but some of what he threw were wild overhand rights and crazy ridgehands..but it worked for him for almost a decade. Whatever you can make work...people see sloppy striking as a negative because they dont like MMA to be seen as less than boxing,but they should just look at it as being different,thats all. How good at wrestling are the best boxers? exactly.
Why would boxers even practice wrestling to participate in boxing? This isn't a 2 way street, MMA fighters integrate boxing into their craft whereas boxers cannot.

To say that she isn't among the elite in the women's divisions is pretty silly, as is to say that she's on the same level as the elite of the men's division.

Well you keep clinging to that. As long as you keep telling yourself "IT WILL HAPPEN EVENTUALLY" you'll never be wrong.

He's absolutely right. As soon as Rousey lost, the talk of Rousey beating half the male division stopped and the Rousey fans all but disappeared.

Maybe it's sexist, but I wouldn't call a woman elite anything in combat sports.

Back