Media Jiri on Khamzat: "I have no more respect for this guy"

jackleeb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

Background:
- A few years ago, Jiri came to train briefly with Alexander Gustafsson in Sweden.
- At the time, Gustafsson and Khamzat trained together at the same gym.
- So naturally, Jiri also briefly trained with Khamzat.
- Khamzat has previously said in interviews that he can beat Jiri in a fight, just as he claims he did against Jiri in sparring.

Cliffs:
Interviewer asks Jiri how he feels about Khamzat breaking the Fighter Code:
(people should not talk about training, outside of training. like Fight Club essentially)

- Jiri says, "I have no more respect for this guy [Khamzat]"
- "I'm not thinking about him anymore, I don't care about him."

Savage.

When one rivalry closes (Islam and Volk), the MMA Gods bless us with another one (Jiri and Khamzat).

If Khamzat beats Sean and becomes MW champ, Khamzat will want to compete for and win the LHW title.

I expect these two titans to clash in the future... maybe 2025/2026.
"Grappling Savage vs Weird Striking Himbo"

{<Mcgoat}<{JustBleed}>

Jiri isn't even gonna beat Pereira or Hill.

A match-up with Chimaev is worthless.
Savage.

Hey, you like Hill that much? Sherdog usually doesn't.
I thought they were all place holding for Uncle, but Uncle is a dumbass who keeps messing up his opportunities.

We didn't know why, ChenChen has now shown poor character from speaking about training and a being a PoS in the cage by that Holland fake glove touch attack.
To be fair, many people would fake the glove touch to get a quick sniff of Hollands crotch.

Khamzat talks a lot about fighting everyone all the time, but only fights once a year against over-the-hill welterweights, and manages to show major holes each time.

I could believe that he took Jiri down and had a hard time with the grappling.

Its still a dick move to talk about it. Totally unnecessary.

Khamzat takes him down in a minute and ends it quickly

Back