Jiri is on UFC 300 prelims (sad)

I was in same boat (rooting for Poatan) but made a thread abut him (Jiri) and was surprised that he actually has a legion of rabid haters. It was really crazy.

Weird.

Totally get rooting for Alex over Jiri, but not out of malice to Jiri, just out of respect for Alex.

Will pretty much root for Jiri against anyone else.

Don't see how anyone could hate a fighter as dynamic, diverse, and interesting as Jiri.

In 33 fights, he's only been involved in 1 decision.

That = Warrior

Jiri will be champion again. He's a better mixed martial artist than the current champ in my opinion.

I don't know what this is based off since we watched them compete.

Poatan is unequivocally the better striker. We already knew Jiri got tagged a lot by lesser quality fighters, but he won with aggression and a good chin. Here the gap was too much - when they kickbox at range, Alex wins that battle. When Jiri resorts to his wildman routine, he gets dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Jiri is the better overall grappler, but not by enough. Alex has decent counter wrestling and defense. So you have two guys with fairly easy to measure strengths & weaknesses, and saw how it played out.

Weird.

Totally get rooting for Alex over Jiri, but not out of malice to Jiri, just out of respect for Alex.

Will pretty much root for Jiri against anyone else.

Don't see how anyone could hate a fighter as dynamic, diverse, and interesting as Jiri.

In 33 fights, he's only been involved in 1 decision.

That = Warrior
Word. On top of that, a good guy, albeit a bit eccentric. Which I like, but was what seemed to trigger a lot of them. Couldn’t handle his love of Bushido culture, crapped on a lot about that. Weak minds IMO. Great to see a man live however the fuck he pleases, and on top of that succeeding in the hardest forum of combat.

They are probably triggered by his thick hair line too lol.

Word. On top of that, a good guy, albeit a bit eccentric. Which I like, but was what seemed to trigger a lot of them. Couldn’t handle his love of Bushido culture, crapped on a lot about that. Weak minds IMO. Great to see a man live however the fuck he pleases, and on top of that succeeding in the hardest forum of combat.

They are probably triggered by his thick hair line too lol.

LOL, wanting to fight for living is "weird," and Jiri is living "a fantasy life" that most people do not have the balls to dare to try.

Will always be a fan of his.

I was in same boat (rooting for Poatan) but made a thread abut him (Jiri) and was surprised that he actually has a legion of rabid haters. It was really crazy.
Par for the course on sherdog.
The UFC 300 prelims are not your typical prelims. I'd wager to say that they will be better than most Fight Night cards, and there will be some ppv quality fights. Just being anywhere on this card will be huge.
Whatever, bro
This is sherdog; where we hate MMA fighters, stacked cards, finishes, and martial arts in general.
Your well reasoned logic (especially if you’re a fan of any of the above) has no place here.

Prochazka didn’t market himself well to the audience. Despite his exciting fighting style and speaking English, he failed to connect with the audience in the mainstream market. He had some leverage when he held the belt. But without belt, nobody cares about Jiri. He’s a nobody now. It’s really sad to see his downfall, the shoulder injury derailed his career. Only 4 fights in 4 years. Where does Jiri go from here? His momentum has been completely halted. This is the story of the rise and fall of Jiri Prochazka
UFC should market him. He should focus on training for fights

Its good to be on UFC 300. I think the problem with Jiri is he barely ever fights, he is so inactive, you see him fight and then you don't see him again for ages. He needs to get consistent now and fight often, we are all in a bubble on here, we know him because we all follow it closely.. but a lot of the casual UFC fans really don't know much about him because like I said he barely ever fights, he has had a couple of fights in UFC despite being signed for many years

UFC 200 had Dillashaw on the prelims fresh after losing his title. It’s gonna be a stacked event

Jiri is on the main card, I got told.

He lost 1 fight after a shoulder surgery and long layoff. Give the guy a break, let’s wait and see how he does.
Not only that. He had literally 7 hours to decide if he accepts fight with Poatan or his next fight will be non title. He accepted and couldnt fully prepare but still said and believed that he is in best form.

BTW UFC - specifically Dana White due to respect to Jiri and other circumstances - (weird stoppge, short notice, etc..) offered instant rematch to Poatan, but Poatan declined. - Rakič is only one top #5 LHW fighter ready to fight so UFC promised Jiri with 100% tite shot if he beats Rakič.

+ This is not prelims fight, could be prelims headliner at worse...but its most likely going to be on main card.

Not even close to being a nobody mate, being on the prelims of UFC 300 is like headlining a regular fight night lmao
Prelim headliner yes, random spot on the prelims not so much imho, i dont know his placement on the prelims, i would expect decent placement for a former LHW champion, feature prelim or PPV spot.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing saying this is going to be a prelim fight. <KhabibBS>

Thread should be dashed into the great beyond.

Back