Jim Miller says Nate feels like 185lbs and doesn't belong at LW, was the bigger man

Nope, he is just tall for the division and Miller is a small LW.

hes a sort of big lw, but a small ww.

sometimes you get stuck in between divisons.

I've never seen Nate show up to the weigh ins looking like Skelator on a month long crack binge.

Ugh. Come on, Jim. You're better than that.
He's just giving a viewpoint on fighting Diaz.

Jesus christ, people on this forum are such fucking idiotic dickbags, stop think everything a fighter says has some hidden agenda about influencing your opinions.

Just because he doesn't look like a corpse at 155 doesn't mean it's his natural fighting weight. He has tried 170 in the past for a reason, he's just not good enough at that weight, unless he's fighting featherweights stuffing their faces.

This sport lacks true inside fighters.

The day that style starts getting perfected in MMA, the ranged fighter domination will even out.

Diaz belings at 155 at 170 he's outmuscled too easily by the grapplers at that division. Jim the divisions are getting bigger you need to drop down to 145.

For all the talk of Nate having a tough cut to LW, he appears much healthier at the weigh-ins than does Connor when making 145.

The amount of weight cut doesn't matter as much as how that cut affects your body. Nate and Conor aren't even comparable in that regard IMO.

rory-macdonald-vs-nate-diaz-ufc-129-welterweight-bout-held-at-rogers-DB5HR7.jpg

That's cool and all, but real 170 pounders "feel" like 185 or 205

Jim is a bulky but generally small lightweight, so I'm not surprised he feels that way about the bigger guys at 155

"Nate is also bigger than he looks. He's just one of those guys who, he's not super built, he's not super muscular, but he's strong. He's a very solid individual.
I remember clinching up with him and he was clearly the bigger man. There are only a handful of guys who I've fought where it just felt like fighting a 170-pounder or a 185-pounder. He was one of those guys. It felt like I was fighting a guy who didn't belong in my weight class."

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

jim_miller__.0.0.jpg

For such a skinny-fat guy Nate seems to win a lot of fights because he's the heavier man.
Is he ducking WW or being smart as long as he can make LW?

Well then there's guys in WW who probably feel like MW's and LHW's so it evens out

For all the talk of Nate having a tough cut to LW, he appears much healthier at the weigh-ins than does Connor when making 145.

The amount of weight cut doesn't matter as much as how that cut affects your body. Nate and Conor aren't even comparable in that regard IMO.

Except Conor performs better at 145 than Nate does at 155

This article was brilliant, I love articles that interview former opponents of someone. It flowed really well too, you could almost imagine it as a TV show it was edited so well.

I've always seen Miller as a small LW though, so his comments don't surprise me.

Nate gave Dong Hyun Kim a run for his money in the 3rd round of their fight long ago.

He's just giving a viewpoint on fighting Diaz.

Jesus christ, people on this forum are such fucking idiotic dickbags, stop think everything a fighter says has some hidden agenda about influencing your opinions.

Calm down. Your melodrama is decaying your brain.

lol @ ducking. most fighters below heavyweight cut tons of weight at an attempt to have a size advantage.

Except Conor performs better at 145 than Nate does at 155

You're funny. He did better against handpicked opponents. As you know, the only wrestler he fought had 2 weeks to prepare. Nate's record at 155 would look a lot different if he had that sort of career engineering effort behind him.

Back