Jim Miller says Nate feels like 185lbs and doesn't belong at LW, was the bigger man

"Nate is also bigger than he looks. He's just one of those guys who, he's not super built, he's not super muscular, but he's strong. He's a very solid individual.
I remember clinching up with him and he was clearly the bigger man. There are only a handful of guys who I've fought where it just felt like fighting a 170-pounder or a 185-pounder. He was one of those guys. It felt like I was fighting a guy who didn't belong in my weight class."

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

jim_miller__.0.0.jpg

For such a skinny-fat guy Nate seems to win a lot of fights because he's the heavier man.
Is he ducking WW or being smart as long as he can make LW?
Ducking ww?

Bruh.... He used to fight at ww.....

Not ducking, but I have no trouble believing that Nate is among the most powerful guys in the division. His long limbs offer him a ton of leverage and his BJJ makes him an expert in using it.

Jim pointing that out or saying he feels bigger and stronger than everyone else is also not derogatory.

In the end Nate is the bigger guy who called out a fighter from a lower division. Like it or not its the truth.

Rory McDonald says Nate Diaz doesn't belong at WW, he may be tall but he belongs as LW.

Stun Gun says he's a hard hitting little guy.

He was absolutely ragdolled by Rory
He's no WW either
Rory ragdolls most guys. That doesn't mean anything.

Just like Conor or any other fighter, if Nate can make the weight, he's in that weight class

Except Conor performs better at 145 than Nate does at 155

As Conor recently found out - the competition level at 155lbs is a whole different story.

It is by far the most competitive division in MMA. Welterweight isn't far behind, but featherweight isn't in the discussion.

Just by depth alone, right now the UFC has 98 lightweights signed, compared to 63 featherweights.

Cutting weight is within the rules. If anybody has a problem with it they should demand same day weigh ins.

Not really khabib, Tony, Nate and many others walk around at 190-195 They just put in insane work to make 155. Miller just hooked up with one. At the end of the day weight cutting is a MMA skill like cardio like nutrition.

"Nate is also bigger than he looks. He's just one of those guys who, he's not super built, he's not super muscular, but he's strong. He's a very solid individual.
I remember clinching up with him and he was clearly the bigger man. There are only a handful of guys who I've fought where it just felt like fighting a 170-pounder or a 185-pounder. He was one of those guys. It felt like I was fighting a guy who didn't belong in my weight class."

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

jim_miller__.0.0.jpg

For such a skinny-fat guy Nate seems to win a lot of fights because he's the heavier man.
Is he ducking WW or being smart as long as he can make LW?
That's a badass picture. The way he was forced to bite his tongue in the choke was so brutal haha

As Conor recently found out - the competition level at 155lbs is a whole different story.

It is by far the most competitive division in MMA. Welterweight isn't far behind, but featherweight isn't in the discussion.

Just by depth alone, right now the UFC has 98 lightweights signed, compared to 63 featherweights.

I agree with you excpet Conor beating Aldo > anything Nate has done in his career

In the end Nate is the bigger guy who called out a fighter from a lower division. Like it or not its the truth.
Well you know...don't be the money fight within earshot.
Also don't oblige if it's bad for your brand.

Back