Jihadi John is Back! This time the hostages are Japanese.

pathetically bad photoshop.

And Dr. Evil style absurd ransom demand.

pathetically bad photoshop.

And Dr. Evil style absurd ransom demand.

Apparently Japan has pledged $200 Million to fighting ISIS... (this was prior to the demand)

Japan does have an army, bud. America gave them the green light a couple of months ago.

I meant like WWII type. You know the old saying. Armies weren't built in a day.

yes obviously that's where they got the number from.

I thought the "Dr Evil" comparison was implying the demand was just clueless, but I think it's more about "justifying" the murders.

Isnt one of those whose figuratively said that his son dying was probably the most honorable way to save face? Yeah, not seeing the ransom being paid.

Also when terrorists actually want to get paid, they dont go public.

Isnt one of those whose figuratively said that his son dying was probably the most honorable way to save face? Yeah, not seeing the ransom being paid.

Also when terrorists actually want to get paid, they dont go public.

I don't know whether there's a big enough anti-interventionist movement in Japan for this to have the sort of political effect they might hope for.

I doubt Abe will blink though, and if anything I'd expect this to draw more of a "fuck you!" response from the public (including the nationalists. Perhaps especially from the nationalists).

200 million for 2 japanese men who arent nuclear physicist?

Somebody call ISIS and tell them they're dreaming.

turns out these terrorists just want money

like hans gruber

Remember when aqi had Japanese hostage like 10 years ago n demanded japan to either retreat it's troops or money (can't remember which one?). Japanese didn't comply...

Jihadis should have more respect for Japanese ppl. They were the original kamikaze n pretty much inspired Islamic kamikaze martyrdom.

Remember when aqi had Japanese hostage like 10 years ago n demanded japan to either retreat it's troops or money (can't remember which one?). Japanese didn't comply...

Jihadis should have more respect for Japanese ppl. They were the original kamikaze n pretty much inspired Islamic kamikaze martyrdom.

It was the Vietcong who's diy offensive against the West inspired Bin Laden.

I think you mean South Korea and the man was beheaded. The company which he worked for had intially kept the abduction secret and tried to resolve it secretly. It became known to Korean government shortly before the footage was aired on television and they said that the time wasted by the company had compromised their ability to help rescue the man.

They also had a second incident when a group of missionaries were captured by the Taliban while trying to spread the word of Jesus Christ in Afghanistan. Two of the men were shot but19 missionaries were rescued. To this day, the government denies paying the ransom but we all know they did. Korean missionaries trying to travel to warzones in the middle east continue to cause problems for the government who have tried to make it difficult but they continue to apply for travel visas to warzones claiming they are volunteering with aide groups.

If people want to die in the desert of Jihadistan, then let them die.

Paying huge amounts of taxpayer money to terrorists to save them from themselves is a waste.

If it had been some innocent Japanese citizens who were seized, that would be a different matter.

^Not only a waste, but directly counterproductive.
It is not in any government's interest to pay hostage ransoms to terrorists. Doing so will:

1: Fund their continued operations, including more abductions.

2: Make the terrorists more likely to target citizens from the same country again. If the country has shown itself willing to pay once, it will pay again. A government purchasing the release of one citizen is essentially painting a bullseye on any other countrymen in the region.

But we've discussed this before itf.

It was the Vietcong who's diy offensive against the West inspired Bin Laden.

I think you mean South Korea and the man was beheaded. The company which he worked for had intially kept the abduction secret and tried to resolve it secretly. It became known to Korean government shortly before the footage was aired on television and they said that the time wasted by the company had compromised their ability to help rescue the man.

They also had a second incident when a group of missionaries were captured by the Taliban while trying to spread the word of Jesus Christ in Afghanistan. Two of the men were shot but19 missionaries were rescued. To this day, the government denies paying the ransom but we all know they did. Korean missionaries trying to travel to warzones in the middle east continue to cause problems for the government who have tried to make it difficult but they continue to apply for travel visas to warzones claiming they are volunteering with aide groups.

Pretty sure it was a Japanese. He was an amateurish free lancing journalist who travelled to Iraq to have 1st hand experience on what's going on there, he didn't trust the mass media.

For the kamikaze part, I heard 1st Islamic suicide attacks were inspired by Japanese kamikaze

^Not only a waste, but directly counterproductive.
It is not in any government's interest to pay hostage ransoms to terrorists. Doing so will:

1: Fund their continued operations, including more abductions.

2: Make the terrorists more likely to target citizens from the same country again. If the country has shown itself willing to pay once, it will pay again. A government purchasing the release of one citizen is essentially painting a bullseye on any other countrymen in the region.

But we've discussed this before itf.

Yeah, cause us non negotiation with terrorists resulted in them stopping the abduction of us citizens

I thought there was a US led mission and they were bombing this shithole? They need to be more indiscriminate with their bombs at this point.

Pretty sure it was a Japanese. He was an amateurish free lancing journalist who travelled to Iraq to have 1st hand experience on what's going on there, he didn't trust the mass media.

For the kamikaze part, I heard 1st Islamic suicide attacks were inspired by Japanese kamikaze

I looked it up and his name was Shosei Koda. The Koizumi government refused to pay or meet demands from the start. Abe will not comment about the ransom and is saying he will do everything to free the two men.

Back