Jihadi John is Back! This time the hostages are Japanese.

Firstly why do you feel it was necessary to throw the "simple minds" dart? I'll make it simple for you. during the initial capture moment. I would try my damnedest to fight with every ounce of strength I could muster to the point where they would have to shoot me. I'm sure though you would go willingly, convert to Islam, denounce America, and cut your own head off. It's cool you're a Green Bay fan you guys don't have much grit to begin with lol.

Good one. By insulting someone based on the football team they root for, you have completely redeemed the statement which initially made you look like a moron.

I just wish all of the POW's over the course of history were real men like you.

At what point during ones capture do you allow yourself to not go into a berserker rage and fight so hard that their only recourse is to shoot you? Go out swinging,biting, go crazy whatever at this point esp if you're an American you know what the end game is.die on your shield.
I'm not saying I'm such a bad ass that I'd "chuck Norris" these guys and walk away but I would NOT be captured and used for propaganda. That said I wouldn't be in Syria to begin with under non military reasons.

For me it would be before they could even capture me because once you're in the back of that van you're fucked.

Good one. By insulting someone based on the football team they root for, you have completely redeemed the statement which initially made you look like a moron.

I just wish all of the POW's over the course of history were real men like you.

Opinions are like assholes like yourself, everybody's got one. But to publicly state them even with the anonymity sherdog provides is still embarrassing. Now to borrow your witless insult only a "moron" would correlate what's been happening to western citizens in Isis custody, with the circumstances that historically surround being a prisoner of war.

You certainly can't be that moronic, and uneducated in basic history that you'd equate the detainees at Guantanamo bay for example, with what Isis has been doing? You surely cant be that dumb. Or maybe you're just hopelessly stuck on stupid which your posts unarguably seem to support that conclusion.

Tbh honest you sound like a coward. I'm done responding to you. Good day sir.

Last edited:
Where is that video? Tattoine cause it doesn't look like Syria

ISIS saying they killed the hostages. Nobody has confirmed though.

Opinions are like assholes like yourself, everybody's got one. But to publicly state them even with the anonymity sherdog provides is still embarrassing. Now to borrow your witless insult only a "moron" would correlate what's been happening to western citizens in Isis custody, with the circumstances that historically surround being a prisoner of war.

You certainly can't be that moronic, and uneducated in basic history that you'd equate the detainees at Guantanamo bay for example, with what Isis has been doing? You surely cant be that dumb. Or maybe you're just hopelessly stuck on stupid which your posts unarguably seem to support that conclusion.

Tbh honest you sound like a coward. I'm done responding to you. Good day sir.

lol

I like that you tried to backtrack off your incredibly uninformed post by classing up your rhetoric with mismanaged grammar. It neither makes you look smarter (your final sentence is especially impressive) nor detracts from the fact that you assume to know more about (or, alternatively and more laughably, assume to be bolder than) prisoners of war on the topic of being taken prisoner of war.

So, for argument's sake, what exactly do you understand that, say, trained military personnel do not when it comes to how to behave and/or escape enemy capture? Could it be, instead, that you don't have the frame of reference to know what they should do?

It is refreshing, though, that this isn't really a political or partisan debate and instead just a clear case of you not thinking before making a post.

What's the numbers like of civilian casualties if we were to just nuke these guys?

Because as we're not doing that many innocent people are dying too.

They're hiding behind our high regard for civilian life while they're killing those civilians themselves and we're not doing anything.

Then it becomes catch 22 as they use it as propaganda that the west kills innocent Muslims too.

Has any other army in war history hid behind civilians as a tactic to reduce strikes?

What's the numbers like of civilian casualties if we were to just nuke these guys?

Because as we're not doing that many innocent people are dying too.

They're hiding behind our high regard for civilian life while they're killing those civilians themselves and we're not doing anything.

Then it becomes catch 22 as they use it as propaganda that the west kills innocent Muslims too.

Has any other army in war history hid behind civilians as a tactic to reduce strikes?

Like all of them.

That's the only way you can actually fight when your enemy is Vastly superior

apparently at least one of the hostages has been executed, and the video has been "sent to production" to be released soon. Sick fucks.

Japan wakes up to bad news about Kenji Goto

_80705211_pressafp.jpg

Japan woke up early on Sunday morning to the news of the death of Kenji Goto, whose apparent killing was shown in a video released by Islamic State militants.

Many first learned the sad news on Twitter, as they did when the hostage situation broke initially, although newspapers were also quick to bring out special editions on Sunday morning.

For many in Japan, this has been a tragedy unfolding before their eyes on social media, so it was only natural that they would respond on Twitter.

But the response has been mixed, as it has been since the beginning.

There is of course grief, anger, commiseration.

Many have joined in calls not to look at images of Kenji Goto's killing, but to show images of Mr Goto as he did what he excelled in, reporting on the lives of ordinary people caught in the crossfire, caught in a humanitarian crisis.

Many people are asking news outlets not to create a media circus around the families of Mr Goto and another Japanese hostage, Haruna Yukawa, who was beheaded a week ago.

_80705215_brothergoto.jpg

Junichi Goto's response is seen as dignified and noble

The reaction of Kenji Goto's older brother. Junichi, has been widely praised on social media.

He began by thanking the Japanese government, the country of Japan and the world for their support, before concentrating on Kenji himself.

"As his older brother, I wish Kenji was able to come home and thank every one himself, and I'm most aggrieved this is not to be. I am proud of Kenji's professional achievements, but, as his brother, I think this time his actions were careless," Junichi Goto, 55, told broadcaster NHK.

His words are exactly the kind of family response Japanese considers dignified and noble in this kind of situation, touching on the very notion of "Japaneseness".

Others are angry at Japanese TV stations that are repeatedly showing snippets from the murder video, calling it a direct terror threat against the Japanese people.

Overseas concerns

_80705260_aberetuers.jpg

PM Shinzo Abe was visibly moved by the news, but some Japanese have been highly critical of his position

While many share the anger expressed by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, some have pointed out that he only touched briefly upon the grief suffered by the two victims' families and failed to refer to their achievements.

They highlight a contrast with a statement issued by the White House in which President Barack Obama said: "Through his reporting, Mr Goto courageously sought to convey the plight of the Syria people to the outside world."

Ever since the news of the hostage situation broke, those who were already critical of the government have attacked the prime minister over his handling of the case.

Mr Abe admitted during a Diet session last Tuesday that the government knew of Mr Goto's kidnap in November, well before the general election in December.

Some see the prime minister's recent trip to the Middle East, including Israel, where he pledged $200m in non-military aid for the anti-IS coalition, as the immediate catalyst that gave the militants an opportunity to make their threats.

There has been popular criticism of the current administration's efforts to change the interpretation of Japan's pacifist constitution to allow the "exercise of the right of collective self-defence" abroad.

Now there are concerns that the government might use the killings and renewed IS threats against Japan to step up those efforts and make it possible to send the Self-Defence Forces abroad in a military capacity to participate in the fight against terrorism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31079369

Last edited:
I'm not up on Japanese military strength but they should go old school and just slaughter entire cities.

The Jordanians threatened ISIS that if their pilot is harmed , they will kill all ISIS prisoners.

Someone should have sent some ISIS prisoners to Japan before the Japanese guy got murdered.

-
Japan should retaliate by closing down any Mosque (in Japan) that has Salafi sympathies. Japan should let it be known to ISIS that they will make it very uncomfortable for Imans to preach in Japan if the 2nd hostage is killed.

Back