Jesus, no, please stop

Ummm...interesting Carnal. He almost lost a plate off the left side (his left). Then things would have been really fucking interesting. I went through it frame by frame; his depth on the first one wasn't as bad as I first thought, but not near parallel. The second one was Johnnyquo-esque. If you watch it a frame at a time you get to see how much his knees travel side to side.

Barut said:
Ummm...interesting Carnal. He almost lost a plate off the left side (his left). Then things would have been really fucking interesting. I went through it frame by frame; his depth on the first one wasn't as bad as I first thought, but not near parallel. The second one was Johnnyquo-esque. If you watch it a frame at a time you get to see how much his knees travel side to side.
except i can do 8 plates to that depth without bouncin it off the pins

JohnnyQuo said:
except i can do 8 plates to that depth without bouncin it off the pins

Post the vid. BTW, why would you squat to that depth? What is accomplished by that?

EDIT:

8 plates+bar is 765lbs right? That's a lot of weight. I'd like to see that.

Barut said:
Post the vid. BTW, why would you squat to that depth? What is accomplished by that?
i will as soon as my knee injury heals. squatting to that depth builds explosive power. it builds speed and power for sprinting and punching. dont knock it till youve tried it

JohnnyQuo said:
i will as soon as my knee injury heals. squatting to that depth builds explosive power. it builds speed and power for sprinting and punching. dont knock it till youve tried it

Actually I have seen that 1/4 squat fast motion suggested for improving jumping ability. However, I don't think that's what he's doing.

D00d, with the videos I've seen lately it's no longer a mystery why lifting weights doesn't "work" for so many people.

I thought the argument being advanced here lately is that low range of motion partial reps are better for 'functional strength'.

The whole world is going to hell.

Sean S said:
Actually I have seen that 1/4 squat fast motion suggested for improving jumping ability. However, I don't think that's what he's doing.

Interesting, I heard it was actually 1/4 jumping squat.

No biggie, 1/4 plain squat seem kinda pointless when you can do jumping.

Cmart said:
I thought the argument being advanced here lately is that low range of motion partial reps are better for 'functional strength'.

The whole world is going to hell.
i just think in fighting, or mma, most movement is done in a partial range, usually your strongest range. for example, when throwing a straight punch, do you first pull your arm back and get a full stretch? or when in the clinch, before you pick someone up for a slam, do you first squat down till you ass is on your heels? i think it is very sensible for best results to train both partial AND full range of motion exercises, and i wouldnt criticise anyone for doing either.

admittedly, when fights go to the floor, you are often forced into fighting from your weakest range, which is why you must train both.

The Woggle said:
You mean 'killing me inside', like, a good thing, right? :D[/QUOTe

Absolutely not.

I find that song uber-annoying. If I had to train with that shit on, I would drop the weight on myself.

That is a pathetic excuse for a squat.

I may not know my MMA as much as you guys do, but something I do know.. is weightlifting. Watching that video makes me want to punch that show-off in the face. Lower the weight and do it with PROPER form. No one is impressed by that video, except for those who don't know any better.

Summary: You're not cool, do the squats correctly.

Ted-P said:
The Woggle said:
You mean 'killing me inside', like, a good thing, right? :D[/QUOTe

Absolutely not.

I find that song uber-annoying. If I had to train with that shit on, I would drop the weight on myself.

How dare you! Don't make me post that link again, 'cause I'm just itchin' to do it, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I let you insult the Rock Lobster!...

...y'know... I guess it is pretty annoying...sorry

The Woggle said:
Ted-P said:
How dare you! Don't make me post that link again, 'cause I'm just itchin' to do it, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I let you insult the Rock Lobster!...

...y'know... I guess it is pretty annoying...sorry
No biggie. If you like it, good for you. It just kills me though.

I thought the family guy version was hilarious though.

http://rocklobster1.ytmnd.com/

Back