Jesus, no, please stop

That kid's knees are NOT going to be nice to him in later years. Look at all that side-to-side travel! Ouch.

he needs to take 2-3 plates off on each side, try not to worry about impressing the other guys in the gym and do the friggin excersise correctly.

TheNerdKing said:
I'm pretty sure its a different guy dan. On another note, for shits and giggles I'm going to do 2 inch rack pulls with straps next time I'm at the gym and there aren't too many people around.

See what I can get. Gogo 800lbs...

LAME!

WAR SMITH MACHINE 2" RACK PULLS!!!1!!!

I think you can crack 1K :wink:

Sean S said:
Actually I have seen that 1/4 squat fast motion suggested for improving jumping ability. However, I don't think that's what he's doing.

For jumping, 1/2 squats are useful, but even in a jump, you go down farther than 1/4. But you can also train full squats for leaping ability. The best exercise for jumping I ever did was Don Chu's 5-5-5 routine:

5 Full Squats, 2-1 Eccentric/Concentric Tempo, into
5 Full Squats, Dynamic Tempo (fast as you can go with good form), into
5 Jump Squats

Of all the exercises and plyometrics I did, these, simple old school rim jumps and of course depth jumps worked the best.

But the 5-5-5 had me doing 270's with two hands. Actually, today I brought my head to within 2 inches of the orange breakaway box underneath the basket.

CHawkins said:
That kid's knees are NOT going to be nice to him in later years. Look at all that side-to-side travel! Ouch.

Yeah, obviously stability and leverage aren't emphasized. I wonder if there's anything functional he cares about at all.

This is weight room nonsense: nothing to improve him as an athlete.

He's not very strong.

Madmick said:
For jumping, 1/2 squats are useful, but even in a jump, you go down farther than 1/4. But you can also train full squats for leaping ability. The best exercise for jumping I ever did was Don Chu's 5-5-5 routine:

5 Full Squats, 2-1 Eccentric/Concentric Tempo, into
5 Full Squats, Dynamic Tempo (fast as you can go with good form), into
5 Jump Squats

Of all the exercises and plyometrics I did, these, simple old school rim jumps and of course depth jumps worked the best.

But the 5-5-5 had me doing 270's with two hands. Actually, today I brought my head to within 2 inches of the orange breakaway box underneath the basket.

Out of curiosity, how often did you do this routine and was it the only jumping routine you did?

Dan181 said:
TL, DR...

Carnal, is that the same guy from the quarter-dip video? When do we get to see a 2" rack dead vid? Or some spotter assisted 5-board-press?

Keep 'em coming!
or maybe a vid of you benchin over 3 plates with no bench shirt? we are waiting

...yeah, it's been a long time but I want to watch it again. Can anyone rehost?

Sean S said:
Out of curiosity, how often did you do this routine and was it the only jumping routine you did?

No, I fronted my clean days with this exercise. I was working out my legs 2x a week (1 squat, 1 clean, I wasn't doing much deads, only about 1x month I squeezed them in).

I did plyometrics 2x a week.

It would look like this:

Monday- Squat day
Wednesday- Jump Squat & Clean Day, Low-Intensity Plyometrics
Friday or Saturday- Heavy Plyometrics

I used Chu's text for most of my plyometric planning an exercise selection.

Yeah, I fucking dunked on a team on Wednesday in our rec league. Cross-body, too. Not that it's really fair, nobody in this town (that I know of) is in my class on a basketball court. Not that it matters, I play with a bunch of old men and non-athletes, and we're 0-3 this year. Last year we beat everyone by 30 because I had my brothers to roll with.

i still have'nt seen this one and would really appreciate anyone who has a copy rehosting it.

JohnnyQuo said:
i will as soon as my knee injury heals. squatting to that depth builds explosive power.

he funny its easy to injure your knee squatting low.. i used to do it.. but its better to stop at parallel. it just works the muscle just medial and superior to the knee a little more when you're pulling yourself out of the hole.. sartorius i think the muscle is called

Back