Jesus, no, please stop

HAhahahahahahaHaHAHA!!!

AHAHAHAHAH!!!11!

my favorite part has to be the idiots in the background cheering him on, as if he were doing something incredible.

JohnnyQuo said:
i just think in fighting, or mma, most movement is done in a partial range, usually your strongest range. for example, when throwing a straight punch, do you first pull your arm back and get a full stretch? or when in the clinch, before you pick someone up for a slam, do you first squat down till you ass is on your heels? i think it is very sensible for best results to train both partial AND full range of motion exercises, and i wouldnt criticise anyone for doing either.

stop making excuses for your really crappy lifts and do the exercises right. drop some weight and just do the lifts the way that they were meant to be done. i still believe that that bench video is only two plates on a side till you post a video showing you loading the plates on to at least one side of the bar.

Dude didn't even have the safety pins on the barbell.... You know, there are some gray areas in weight training, where there are reasonable arguments all aorund.

This ain't one of them.

It reminds me of the stupidity I saw regularly in the weight room in high school. I remember the oft-practiced prank of inconspicuously slipping a 2.5 or 5 lb. plate onto one end of the barbell right before someone started his bench presses (always bench presses because that's all most of the guys did).

A couple of times the extra weight on one side caused the barbell to tip so far, all the weight slid off that end. It's only a matter of simple physics to figure out what happened after that.

This kind of shit scares me because by 14 year old nephew just started JV football, and the coach has them on a weight training program. I've been trying to work out with him occasionally to make sure he has decent form and doesn't try anything else stupid, but I already know what the hgh school weight room is like. Everything turns into a pissing contest and no one has a clue as to proper form or safety.

rEmY said:
my favorite part has to be the idiots in the background cheering him on, as if he were doing something incredible.

Yea, I cracked up at that.

If he was doing those for athletic purposes then I would think his stance would be much more narrow. As for jump squats, I've seen someone do them on 200kg's (not a huge jump), now that's impressive.

Boss Rhythm said:
It reminds me of the stupidity I saw regularly in the weight room in high school. I remember the oft-practiced prank of inconspicuously slipping a 2.5 or 5 lb. plate onto one end of the barbell right before someone started his bench presses (always bench presses because that's all most of the guys did).

A couple of times the extra weight on one side caused the barbell to tip so far, all the weight slid off that end. It's only a matter of simple physics to figure out what happened after that.

DAmn dude.
That's farking crazy.
I would never do it on a free weight lifting exercise.

Now here's a pretty somewhat funny story. My friend was at the gym and he was doing smith bench press. So I slipped a 25 lb on the right side. It was just classic seeing doing his lift after that. FIrst time, he tried 2 reps in half assed form. On his second attempt, I think he did one. I didn;t see his third attempt cause I decided to my exercise. OUt of nowhere, I see my friend power walking toward me and he just punching me in the arm. After that, we just started cracking up.

The end.

I'd like to see a fight between this guy and that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Ferret or whatever the guy's name was who posted his DL vid with shocking 'form' a few months ago.

He try to break his knees forever.

I'd like to see a fight between this guy and that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Ferret or whatever the guy's name was who posted his DL vid with shocking 'form' a few months ago.

bwahahahahahahaha.

DieselWiesel == :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Ferret.

gold!

JohnnyQuo said:
i just think in fighting, or mma, most movement is done in a partial range, usually your strongest range. for example, when throwing a straight punch, do you first pull your arm back and get a full stretch? or when in the clinch, before you pick someone up for a slam, do you first squat down till you ass is on your heels? i think it is very sensible for best results to train both partial AND full range of motion exercises, and i wouldnt criticise anyone for doing either.

Here's the origin of this crappy lifting:

1. You're trying to show off, and move some large numbers.

2. You find out (lo and behold) you can move much more weight for quarter reps for any given exercise.

3. You backfill in this lame excuse about how it's actually really more 'functional' to exercise that way.

Drop this bad habit before you injure yourself, or get some fool to follow your advice and injure themself. You're playing with more weight than you can handle, is all you're showing everyone.

Cmart said:
Here's the origin of this crappy lifting:

1. You're trying to show off, and move some large numbers.

2. You find out (lo and behold) you can move much more weight for quarter reps for any given exercise.

3. You backfill in this lame excuse about how it's actually really more 'functional' to exercise that way.

Drop this bad habit before you injure yourself, or get some fool to follow your advice and injure themself. You're playing with more weight than you can handle, is all you're showing everyone.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :wink:

wow, that kid in the video is a complete dickhead. He has no business with that kind of weight. His weak little core can not even support the weight properly. Check out how he almost folds after the first bounce quarter rep. What an idiot. I like all his screaming and bouncing. The only thing that would have made the vid better is if the rack colapsed and he got crushed under the bar.

there is some good that can come from that site:
squatting.jpg

Back