Jeff Mayweather knows who Floyd is gonna fight

Maybe not you but other people do for sure. Just look at the first round of negotiations. Everyone said it was floyds fault and applauded manny for not taking the drug tests. Then roach says the first round was their fault. Then and only then did people admit it was mannys fault. Why? Because people hated floyd and liked manny IMO

Hindsight. At the time, the drug tests were considered extreme and unnecessary. Floyd's fans now counter this with the steep weight penalty stipulation Manny wanted but forget that he at least had a reason for that. He didn't want Floyd to pull what he pulled on Marquez (stay away Sunfish) Floyd didn't have a reason other than rumors his father and uncle started. Easy to say "Well, he should've just taken the tests if he was clean" but the fact was, he didn't have to. He'd never failed a drug test before and NSAC drug testing was the norm. Yes, I know NSAC drug testing is considered sub par but a neutral company could've been chosen. Plus, it was an anti doping agency that Floyd continued to promote and get into the paper. Pac's team had every reason to suspect they'd cook the books for Floyd.

That was the first round of negotiations and nobody blamed Pac for telling Floyd to fuck himself. A fight between them was inevitable and nobody thought it'd go on THIS long. Now, since then, they've gone through multiple rounds of negotiations over the years that never made it as far as the first set of negotiations. Since then, olympic style drug testing has been picked up by more and more fighters including Manny himself. Now, that's the norm. Now that we look back and see how close this fight was the first round of negotiations, some people say it was because "Manny refused drug tests." Which he didn't. He refused FLOYD'S drug tests. Not all drug tests period. Roach assigns blame to them the first time because Manny didn't want to comply with Floyd's demands. But I remember when that was going on. His demands were considered extreme at the time.

Both guys are to blame. But throughout the years Floyd has turned this fight down multiple times, even going so far as going back on things previously agreed upon (like 50/50 split) despite Manny drawing comparable PPV numbers and considered the P4P top guy along with Floyd. (pre Marquez 4) Most place blame on Floyd because of this. Not Manny's likable personality.

You don't see any of that? There's plenty of it on this forum alone.

I've seen mainly pro Pac guys like Wand, Cracky, cocksure, etc. say multiple times that both guys are at fault.

I've seen mainly pro Pac guys like Wand, Cracky, cocksure, etc. say multiple times that both guys are at fault.

This is where I stopped believing that you were being truthful. You almost had me for a second.

There is no she.
That's what she said.

Now that we look back and see how close this fight was the first round of negotiations, some people say it was because "Manny refused drug tests." Which he didn't. He refused FLOYD'S drug tests.

But not even this is accurate. The first time around Pacquiao DID agree to Floyd's drug tests, what wasn't agreed upon was a 2 week window prior to the fight.

Not agreeing to a small little window is not the same as refusing a drug test. And besides, no person could get away with taking steroids two weeks prior to a fight and passing a test afterwards. Obviously your testosterone levels will show up as abnormal within that time frame.

While you're right about the pro Pac crowd finding fault with both fighters, the real question should be who deserves more of the blame? Because to say its 50/50 is being completely biased and inaccurate.

Would it be more accurate to say 60/40 Mayweather's to blame? 70/30? 80/20? 90/10?

One side is clearly more to blame than the other, so when people say that its Mayweather's fault this fight has never happened, I see no problems with that.

This is where I stopped believing that you were being truthful. You almost had me for a second.

I've only ever dogged Floyd on this one issue.
Are all that disagree with you liars? That's a bit lame. How's about answering without the pseudo-witticisms for once in your life.

allright , I get it guys. My bad, I apologize for calling you an asshole, it was uncalled for. regardless, I stand by what I'm saying, I thought you were being pushy and kind of rude to Jeff.

you realize that jeff and i own the site that the interview goes on. we are actually partners. we had a good laugh about it today. and if he didnt like something, he would have told me.

on a side note, in 5 years we have worked together, this is the first time he wouldnt even tell me something off the record. that alone makes me think the manny fight gets made. i think if it were cotto or something, he would have told me. hope i am right

I've only ever dogged Floyd on this one issue.
Are all that disagree with you liars? That's a bit lame. How's about answering without the pseudo-witticisms for once in your life.

For once in my life? I wasn't aware you knew me in real life. Oh, wait - you don't. I can see how you missed the post being tongue in cheek though.

Love you too, though, honey.

But not even this is accurate. The first time around Pacquiao DID agree to Floyd's drug tests, what wasn't agreed upon was a 2 week window prior to the fight.

Not agreeing to a small little window is not the same as refusing a drug test. And besides, no person could get away with taking steroids two weeks prior to a fight and passing a test afterwards. Obviously your testosterone levels will show up as abnormal within that time frame.

That's true. Forgot to mention that. Hindsight lays suspicion on this but at the time it was viewed as an attempted compromise for Floyd's crazy demands.

While you're right about the pro Pac crowd finding fault with both fighters, the real question should be who deserves more of the blame? Because to say its 50/50 is being completely biased and inaccurate.

Would it be more accurate to say 60/40 Mayweather's to blame? 70/30? 80/20? 90/10?

One side is clearly more to blame than the other, so when people say that its Mayweather's fault this fight has never happened, I see no problems with that.

I do believe it's more his fault but others would disagree. Ever since the first set of negotiations, Floyd has turned this fight down multiple times. I've seen people try to twist the facts here and tell half the story like its the whole story but the facts are out there.

For once in my life? I wasn't aware you knew me in real life. Oh, wait - you don't. I can see how you missed the post being tongue in cheek though.

Love you too, though, honey.

No-one likes a (perpetual)smartass!

You deflected my previous question, who you got - Joshua/Fury?

I do believe it's more his fault but others would disagree. Ever since the first set of negotiations, Floyd has turned this fight down multiple times. I've seen people try to twist the facts here and tell half the story like its the whole story but the facts are out there.

Funny thing about "the facts are out there" is that there aren't full minutes of every negotiation, meaning the whole picture isn't available. "Facts" can be viewed objectively or taken out of context when not viewed as part of the whole picture.

Some of it will be accurate; some won't; some will be half-truths. Will we ever get the full details? Probably not. But I hope we get close to it at some point. I think it'd be a fascinating read, whether treated seriously or given the The Death of WCW treatment.

No-one likes a (perpetual)smartass!

You deflected my previous question, who you got - Joshua/Fury?

I think Joshua is massively overhyped and gets stopped by Fury if they fought now. There's openings for his opponents to land punches, and he's yet to be put in with someone who can truly test that. It's something that I think needs to be addressed; it's not even necessarily about whether he can take a punch so much as it is about develop the defensive skills so he doesn't have to.

I'm sceptical about Matchroom and them developing talent from scratch - their "success stories" were already brought along by other promoters - but as to the future? Depends entirely on who Joshua is matched up with and how he develops. But I think they're more focused on building Joshua's name and hype rather than looking for challenging stylistic match ups. (And aye, Johnson was to be a big step up for him - but he's also a fairly safe step up. At this point he's not likely to test Joshua's defenses so much as he might frustrate him and make Joshua's output look worse.)

Funny thing about "the facts are out there" is that there aren't full minutes of every negotiation, meaning the whole picture isn't available. "Facts" can be viewed objectively or taken out of context when not viewed as part of the whole picture.

Some of it will be accurate; some won't; some will be half-truths. Will we ever get the full details? Probably not. But I hope we get close to it at some point. I think it'd be a fascinating read, whether treated seriously or given the The Death of WCW treatment.

Not only do we not have full minutes, we have hardly any solid indication of what has actually happened in negotiations (aside from the initial negotiations that fell apart as a result of disagreements on the stringency of drug testing). Almost everything that gets put out and analyzed since then comes from the camps and, simply put, that has to be taken with a grain of salt. Basically, we know very little about the negotiations from about 2010 onwards. Most of the strong opinions about the negotiations one way or another are rooted in the like or dislike of the fighters, not any hard "facts."

Not only do we not have full minutes, we have hardly any solid indication of what has actually happened in negotiations (aside from the initial negotiations that fell apart as a result of disagreements on the stringency of drug testing). Almost everything that gets put out and analyzed since then comes from the camps and, simply put, that has to be taken with a grain of salt. Basically, we know very little about the negotiations from about 2010 onwards. Most of the strong opinions about the negotiations one way or another are rooted in the like or dislike of the fighters, not any hard "facts."

Things in general often get over analysed and repeated ad nauseum and accepted as fact in lieu of full details being disclosed. In general, not just Mayweather/Pacquiao. (Case in point: see how much the ASOIAF novels are dissected and theorised about due to the long waits between installments.)

Things in general often get over analysed and repeated ad nauseum and accepted as fact in lieu of full details being disclosed. In general, not just Mayweather/Pacquiao. (Case in point: see how much the ASOIAF novels are dissected and theorised about due to the long waits between installments.)

lol, my Sansa is Azor Ahai theory is based on hard facts, dammit.

you realize that jeff and i own the site that the interview goes on. we are actually partners. we had a good laugh about it today. and if he didnt like something, he would have told me.

on a side note, in 5 years we have worked together, this is the first time he wouldnt even tell me something off the record. that alone makes me think the manny fight gets made. i think if it were cotto or something, he would have told me. hope i am right

Nice

Well put. Cheers!

XH0CoHU.gif

And, by the same token, the fact that Pacquiao didn't fight Mayweather should come up when we're discussing Manny, as well. No matter what, both are going to be looked at as clearly the best fighters of their era and two of the better fighters to ever compete. Not fighting each other will be a stain, but it will be a negligible stain in the grand scheme of things. History will likely place Floyd higher than Manny, but most people don't really care that much about history so that's not a huge deal, either.

Manny's legacy is definitely effected. They will always be linked, their legacies intertwined. Same era, similar weights, similar opponents, p4p greats, and a ton of bullshit drama. The initial drug test denial is part of his legacy now.

I agree Floyd will always be rightfully ranked higher amongst ATGs, but will also always shoulder the majority of the criticism. But I do not believe that is mostly based on Manny's "winning smile" as Seano puts it. Floyd has just done a very poor job making his case, and he only has himself to blame for that.

For example, right now he's bashing Arum and basically demanding he step aside, but giving no support for how Arum is a problem. If that's not begging to be accused of ducking then maybe he's just awful at communicating his position to the public.

"The negotiations are supposed to be private" is not a defense for that. Once you make the decision to publically shit on the opposing promoter and blame him entirely for the fight not happening, the negotiations cease to be private and you better have a reason backing that accusation up or people will inevitably think you're bullshitting.

Maybe Floyd's full of it and has no justification, or maybe he is right and just needs a PR person to tell him he's been doing a piss poor job of communicating. But either way it's not just their personalities and likability at this point, it's Floyd's inability (or unwillingness) to formulate a coherent justification for passing the blame on to Arum.

Both these guys have made mistakes and rightfully carry that baggage. Anybody who claims otherwise is selling something.

Back