Jeff Mayweather knows who Floyd is gonna fight

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love Jeff, but we disagree totally on how this fight not being made will affect his legacy

the fight not happening will effect floyd's legacy, but let's be real, the guy already has an incredible legacy.

the interviewer struck me as a bit of an asshole honestly

the fight not happening will effect floyd's legacy, but let's be real, the guy already has an incredible legacy.

i can verify that he is 100% a total asshole

Nah he was asking the right questions.

Hard to take anything Jeff says on this subject seriously because he's Floyds uncle. To think Floyds legacy won't be hurt by the years of turning the Pac fight down is absurd.

Floyd will fight Cotto for millions and make the first couple of rounds seem close so he can set up a trilogy

Affect.

He does have an incredible legacy, but stuff like this is why he's not in the GOAT discussion.

people associated with Floyd (50 Cent, Alex Ariza, etc) or at least the ones that would know him better are saying the Pac fight not happening. This interview did not really reveal much further, but either way doesn't look good

Nah he was asking the right questions.

Hard to take anything Jeff says on this subject seriously because he's Floyds uncle. To think Floyds legacy won't be hurt by the years of turning the Pac fight down is absurd.

he was definitely asking the right questions, but he was being too pressing with them. He got the most he could have out of mayweather but kept pressing him stupidly and rudely. At the end of the day, he's in Jeff's gym, he should have been more respectful, his tone just came off as rude. Beyond that, it sounded almost like he was trying to paint Floyd out as a duck. Jeff isn't particularly smart, but he kept his cool well.

Also, to say that Pryor-Mayweather and RJJ-Michalzewski aren't ocmparable to missing out on Pac/Mayweather is also ignorant.

He does have an incredible legacy, but stuff like this is why he's not in the GOAT discussion.
but that's the thing, he IS probably one of the top 15-20 boxers of all time. Same goes for Pac. In the end, these guys have been dominating divisions and rated P4P for over a decade. they're resumes are star studded to the point that bona fide ATGs like Hatton, Mosley, Cotto, JLC, Barrera have to be torn down just to make these guys look bad

lol.. jeff was trying to say there were similar situations but couldnt even think of the fighters roy and leonard never fought...

Floyd is great.. Pac avoidance doesnt change that.. but it does change his level of greatness.. like FLoyd says..you have to beat the best to be the best..and Pac is unquestionably the best fighter in or around 147 that is not named Floyd Mayweather

he was definitely asking the right questions, but he was being too pressing with them. He got the most he could have out of mayweather but kept pressing him stupidly and rudely. At the end of the day, he's in Jeff's gym, he should have been more respectful, his tone just came off as rude. Beyond that, it sounded almost like he was trying to paint Floyd out as a duck. Jeff isn't particularly smart, but he kept his cool well.

Also, to say that Pryor-Mayweather and RJJ-Michalzewski aren't ocmparable to missing out on Pac/Mayweather is also ignorant.

but that's the thing, he IS probably one of the top 15-20 boxers of all time. Same goes for Pac. In the end, these guys have been dominating divisions and rated P4P for over a decade. they're resumes are star studded to the point that bona fide ATGs like Hatton, Mosley, Cotto, JLC, Barrera have to be torn down just to make these guys look bad

OP is the interviewer by the way. He's done many interviews with Jeff Mayweather so I'm sure they're on friendly enough terms to have an interview like this. And the interviewer doesn't need to paint Floyd as a duck. That is the public's perception of him based on the history of this fight not getting made. Turning this fight down again and again has hurt Floyd's image. That is most definitely a relevant question to ask.

Pryor-Mayweather and RJJ-Michalzewski were definitely important fights that should have happened, but I don't believe they are comparable either. MAYBE Leonard/Pryor legacy wise, but it's not like that would've been the biggest money fight of all time like Pac/Mayweather would.

How can the best guys in the division not fight each other, just a joke and makes the sport look bad.

They're both scared, Manny of getting knocked out and Floyd of losing his undefeated streak.

Last edited:
I like Jeff Mayweather, always comes across as tthe most level headed of all the Mayweathers. Got to disagree with him on the fact that not fighting Manny wont affect Floyds legacy though. I hope Floyd's not going for Cotto 2, especially with the MW title on the line.

A fighters legacy is based on who they fought so I agree not fighting Pac doesn't hurt Floyd legacy. Beating Pac could enhance Floyds legacy, sure. But legacy is based on what you actually did.

One fight that fans wanted to see and didn't doesn't erase a decade at the top of the P4P list fighting top ranked competition and its not really surprising to see who is arguing that it would.

lol.. jeff was trying to say there were similar situations but couldnt even think of the fighters roy and leonard never fought...

Floyd is great.. Pac avoidance doesnt change that.. but it does change his level of greatness.. like FLoyd says..you have to beat the best to be the best..and Pac is unquestionably the best fighter in or around 147 that is not named Floyd Mayweather

Dammit, no one is the best.

The interviewer is the op

Lol

You kinda have to laugh at the irony if Mayweather-Pacquiao doesn't happen. A fighter whose nickname is Money and team is called The Money Team, didn't participate in the biggest money fight ever.

You kinda have to laugh at the irony if Mayweather-Pacquiao doesn't happen. A fighter whose nickname is Money and team is called The Money Team, didn't participate in the biggest money fight ever.

I think its really time for people to stop pretending that this fight doesn't happen because of Floyd. I don't really think that that opinion can be supported with any sort of facts.

read ESPN or facebook comments anytime he is mentioned, it will most definitely affect his legacy, especially among the majority (casuals).

Casuals and everyday sports fan view him 100% responsible, even more so with this current situation. So yea purists and historians will say he's ATG, casual fan will refer to him as the guy scared to fight manny

I think its really time for people to stop pretending that this fight doesn't happen because of Floyd. I don't really think that that opinion can be supported with any sort of facts.

its just too easy for manny to make people think that. he comes across as the likeable, fun guy who just wants to fight. he does 90% of the talking saying he has agreed to everything, etc. people just assume its true. just like when he said he would do a winner take all fight. he, floyd, and everyone knew that would never happen. yet millions believed he actually meant it. it was just an easy thing to say to make floyd look bad.

truth is, if manny wanted this fight, he would tell bob arum to just shut the fuck up because he is the major issue and always will be. yet bob cant resist.

manny can say he has agreed all he wants, but the truth is, nobody knows if he has or hasnt. it just sounds good

Back