• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jared Gordon has revealed he spent $21,869 on 17 tickets to his fight at #UFC295

Do UFC fighters get a couple of free tickets for friends/family? Seems like they should.

Yeah the UFC tickets are so expensive now, the prices are absurd. Its gone up like 90%, which is beyond ridiculous. I remember going to UFC events where the cheapest ticket I got was $19 and the most expensive was $100 and usually they were around $35. These days its disgusting.. we are talking thousands. Haven't been to a live UFC event in many years and certainly won't be again. They've priced the real fans out

I still have some of my old UFC tickets, so you can see the prices. Nowadays the UFC tickets I looked for were well over 1k which is absurd. I was interesting in going to UFC 285 with Jon Jones making his HW debut against Gane and all I could see were tickets that were $1,460, I thought it was a typo LOL.. I nearly fainted, could not find a single ticket cheaper. I felt like crying. When you add all the journey fares, and all the food, and drinks and hotel and everything else.. it adds up to an incredible amount

r.png

This was UFC 49, UFC 52 and UFC 59

I can't find my very old UFC tickets from the early days, but I remember UFC 9 was $19

He has a family and friends whom he wants to attend his fights, but he doesn't want to encumber them with exorbitant expenses.

So like he's a standup guy who has family and friends.

Your computer has an app called google chrome. If you can figure out how to turn it on, and then learn how to use a keyboard, you can look up the definition of "family" and you can also look up the definition of "friend."

Then you'll know what each word means.

Good tard!
Use your words!
I've played music professionally for over 30 years. Not once have I invited SEVENTEEN people to be comped or on the list. I know it's not the same, but it's close. And if tickets were that expensive, he's obviously dumb as shit. So are the people wanting to go to that.

Anyone the thinks thar many tickets should be comped is out of touch with reality.

I hope ol boy had people paying him back, he got the discount, made the arrangement, but they reimbursed him. If not that's just silly of him.

Lol despite all the sarcasm some of you schmucks genuinely do believe UFC should be giving each fighter on the card from top to bottom $10k worth of free tickets! :D

Because they would be working a fast food or construction job otherwise.

at least you won't be blowing $21k to fly in your entire family to watch you flip a burger from the drive-thru window or come watch you pour a cement slab.

"Well, you dont HAVE to buy tickets for anybody, tell your friends and family to watch you from home"
<31>
Why didn't he tell them to just stream it in his living room for free?
That sounds like the most sound advice lol, he is a prelim fighter, they dont even have to buy the damn thing, lol.

Do UFC fighters get a couple of free tickets for friends/family? Seems like they should.

Looks like they get 4, i guess he wanted a lot more people there.

I don't even know 17 people.... although maybe that's a reflection on me....

Insane prices... and UFC isn't exactly targetting the wealthy for its main audience. Lets me honest. It's pretty trashy.

I did got to some events in Aus that were low hundreds though...

UFC not providing 20 tickets to each fighter is dog bollocks of the highest order.

Cunt move.

So on a standard 10-fight card, they'd be giving away 400 tickets, plus the comped ones for celebrities and so forth. Sounds like a sound business model.

Back