• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jamahal Hill Says Other Fights UFC Planned To Headline UFC 300 Were "NOT Title Fights, Why Chosen Last Minute Friday"

I AGREE, the cash one is ugly and poorly done, but the idea itself isn't as stupid as micky fucking mouse giving you 2 thumbs up on your chest jesus christ
View attachment 1030819

It's mickey mouse's fucking glove and you can't even tell me it isn't with a straight face.
Holy shit, I was trying to put my finger on what it reminded me of... Dude has Mickey Mouse Goatse hands tattooed on his chest. Wow.

I think he was trying to give his "Northsides" hood tattoo the double thumb, but its a spectacular backfire, and it always makes me laugh.

9UkB.gif

I'm not sure if I can recall a worse MMA tattoo - hes got the money to fix it now too.

it makes Alan Belcher's Johnny Cash look like a work of art.

AlanBelchertat.jpg
Belcher was a guest speaker at a seminar I went to a couple years back. A group of us went out drinking one of the nights, and I got to bullshitting about MMA with Belcher.
My dumbass, after a few drinks of course, made some passing joke about his hilarious tattoo, thinking he must hear about it all the time and would laugh it off.
Dude got PISSED, and I thought I was about to see god. Luckily I was able to quickly change the subject and he let it go.
Fucking terrifying lol

Pereira/Izzy 3 or Pereira/Aspinall probably would've been preferred. I know that for UFC 100 Brock/Mir alone would've sold a PPV or GSP/Alves too. UFC 200 Brock/Hunt or Anderson/DC would've sold a PPV alone. Just was hoping for that 1 fight that even with a shit undercard everyone would be wanted to tune in.

Belcher was a guest speaker at a seminar I went to a couple years back. A group of us went out drinking one of the nights, and I got to bullshitting about MMA with Belcher.
My dumbass, after a few drinks of course, made some passing joke about his hilarious tattoo, thinking he must hear about it all the time and would laugh it off.
Dude got PISSED, and I thought I was about to see god. Luckily I was able to quickly change the subject and he let it go.
Fucking terrifying lol
Lmao! That's hilarious... After all this time! Hahahaha!

What did you say? And what did he say??? This is an epic story!

I've learned over the years that sherdog-isms don't translate well to the real world... Especially "monica".

Alex will inevitably add Jamahal's soul to his collection. He's getting paid and has a built in excuse though, so good on him I guess...

Lmao! That's hilarious... After all this time! Hahahaha!

What did you say? And what did he say??? This is an epic story!

I've learned over the years that sherdog-isms don't translate well to the real world... Especially "monica".
It's hard to remember exactly, but the gist of it was we were talking about his fights, and he asked me something like "which fight do you think I was best known for?"
And I said something like "I'm not sure which fight, but I'm sure you're best know for that hilarious tattoo".

His demeanor immediately went from laughing and having fun, to glaring at me like he was going to kill me. Said something like "what the fuck did you just say??"

I almost shit my pants and start stammering about some joke I heard that I didn't know the meaning of or something, grabbed someone else from our group and asked what their favorite Belcher fight was....Belcher was still glaring at me but let it go.

Still had a good time with him, he's an awesome guy. But yeah, don't ever bring up the tattoo around him lol

If by "the fight" you mean DDP vs Izzy, no Izzy was supposedly ready to go. The fight didn't happen because DDP isn't ready to go for 300. Pereira vs Izzy 3 was never on the table if that's what you meant.
That’s crazy that we haven’t heard anything about Izzy vs Alex 3 even being offered for 300. That seems like the obvious choice if the UFC wanted to make the biggest realistic fight to headline, Alex already called Izzy out, maybe Izzy did get offered and turned it down, but If it was never offered I wonder why

It's hard to remember exactly, but the gist of it was we were talking about his fights, and he asked me something like "which fight do you think I was best known for?"
And I said something like "I'm not sure which fight, but I'm sure you're best know for that hilarious tattoo".

His demeanor immediately went from laughing and having fun, to glaring at me like he was going to kill me. Said something like "what the fuck did you just say??"

I almost shit my pants and start stammering about some joke I heard that I didn't know the meaning of or something, grabbed someone else from our group and asked what their favorite Belcher fight was....Belcher was still glaring at me but let it go.

Still had a good time with him, he's an awesome guy. But yeah, don't ever bring up the tattoo around him lol
Holy shit, that's fucking hilarious bro - thread worthy story imo... You should repost this post as a thread! <45>

He was obviously looking for a "the time you took Rosimar Paul Harris to the ground, gave him your leg, and managed the win", or something... You joker! Hahahaha! Can take the sherbro out of sherdog, and so on...

Crazy that he's only 39 still... I had no idea he fought Roy Nelson in a bareknuckle MMA fight for Gamebred Fighting last year either.

This is by far the funniest story I've seen on here in a long time! Thanks for taking the time to write it out!!

Belcher = not a sherdogger, confirmed.

Last edited:
None of the "many" options they had were truly UFC 300 main event worthy though. That's why they kept looking. Reaching out to fighters who are still healing from injuries (Jones, DDP, Hill) because the business matters more than fighters' health.

I'm worried Hill is taking this fight ahead of his full recovery. Truly hope it's not the case. We shall see.

I think Jamahal is rushing into this and his legs are going to get absolutely destroyed by Alex.

Yea, this pretty much confirms it. He's coming back to early because Dana offered him a bunch of money.

For anyone curious, this is an article and timeline of Hill's torn achilles.

Agree that it does seem as if he's rushing back a little too quickly.

Holy shit, that's fucking hilarious bro - thread worthy story imo... You should repost this post as a thread! <45>

He was obviously looking for a "the time you took Rosimar Paul Harris to the ground, gave him your leg, and managed the win", or something... You joker! Hahahaha! Can take the sherbro out of sherdog, and so on...

Crazy that he's only 39 still... I had no idea he fought Roy Nelson in a bareknuckle MMA fight for Gamebred Fighting last year either.

This is by far the funniest story I've seen on here in a long time! Thanks for taking the time to write it out!!

Belcher = not a sherdogger, confirmed.
Maybe another time I will, it's always fun to talk about.

Belcher is also like 260lbs and ripped now, he's only gotten scarier in the years since he left the UFC.

Back