• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jake Paul vs Mike Perry is official for July 20th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Can't see our African warlord beating Paul boxing, wish it was bare knuckle.

Can you boxing fans who are morons at least acknowledge Paul is like 2 weight classes bigger than Perry, like he was vs most of the MMA fighters he boxed....Perry isn't as aged and washed up but he is a whole couple divisions smaller, Perry would he a super Middleweight and not a big one at that, maybe even just a Middleweight. Paul is a cruiserweight, maybe a large Light Heavy.

Mike Perry is extremely hittable and a brawler. Will he hit Jake Paul hard enough with boxing gloves on to knock him out? I'm not too confident.

Reactions: mkt

Good man, the size Paul had on a washed Askren with 1 hip, a washed Diaz, a washed Woodley and now a possible Perry who isn't washed but was always a dude at 170lbs in MMA who looked kinda 155ish in size is noteworthy. I think Paul would have been getting beaten up by a lot of MMA guys if he was boxing dudes his size that weren't pushing 40 and retired. The amount it shit I've seen talked and disrespect towards MMA by the boxing community of this charade has been wild and it's going to happen again after he beats Perry's ass more than likely.

Good man, the size Paul had on a washed Askren with 1 hip, a washed Diaz, a washed Woodley and now a possible Perry who isn't washed but was always a dude at 170lbs in MMA who looked kinda 155ish in size is noteworthy. I think Paul would have been getting beaten up by a lot of MMA guys if he was boxing dudes his size that weren't pushing 40 and retired. The amount it shit I've seen talked and disrespect towards MMA by the boxing community of this charade has been wild and it's going to happen again after he beats Perry's ass more than likely.

MMA gets what it deserves. If fighters could actually earn a living fighting in MMA, then the false narrative of a 'youtuber beating up UFC legends' - where everyone ignores that these were much smaller guys/elderly/wrestlers and usually a combo of all 3 - wouldn't exist.

The Fertittas, Ari and Dana have made MMA into a celebrity-boxing feeder league. Think of it like the WWF Brawl for All, where the prize for winning was getting brutally KOd by Butterbean.

Also, MMA fans are 100x worse in general for not understanding how weight classes and age works. As long as they aren't talking about MMA, boxing fans are far less retarded.

Interesting fight and I hope Perry gets it, but isnt Jake 230 lbs now and Perry is a 170 lb fighter? I mean this is normal matchmaking for Jake but Perry might be a mistake due to his durability.

MMA gets what it deserves. If fighters could actually earn a living fighting in MMA, then the false narrative of a 'youtuber beating up UFC legends' - where everyone ignores that these were much smaller guys/elderly/wrestlers and usually a combo of all 3 - wouldn't exist.

The Fertittas, Ari and Dana have made MMA into a celebrity-boxing feeder league. Think of it like the WWF Brawl for All, where the prize for winning was getting brutally KOd by Butterbean.

Also, MMA fans are 100x worse in general for not understanding how weight classes and age works. As long as they aren't talking about MMA, boxing fans are far less retarded.

"As long as they aren't talking about MMA boxing fans are far less retarded".

While I don't like talking in hyperbole, in general boxing fans are more educated about their sport than MMA fans are about theirs. That's for sure. Boxing fans have issues though, one being in general they're more racist and tribal compared to a lot of other combat sports in my experience.

As for MMA deserving it, kinda a dumb statement. You seem a little fueled here too, which isnt lovely.

Pay has gotten a lot better for MMA, even guys like Salahdine Parnasse didn't sign with the UFC or PFL because he was offered like 250k per fight to stay with KSW...That's a lot more than the majority of top 10 boxers in most weight classes make and this is prospect who's never even been in the UFC. Stars and champions are breaking well into the 7 figures per fight these days and guys like Conor, Jones and NGannou have all made or been offered more than 10m for a single bout in MMA...Which isn't bad. The sport as something mainstream is young and still really growing, every year it's gotten closer and closer to boxing in mass appeal through all platforms in the US to where it's basically on even footing last I checked, growing quickly through Oceania, Central Asia, Russia, Poland, France and Latin America. Still a smaller sport than boxing and at the top end, definitely they pay their fighters less than boxers and less than their fighters deserve but.....it's gotten better, though sub 20% revenue to athletes is still deplorable by the UFC. We still are seeing million dollar tournaments pop up all over too from smaller promotions which is great though. As for the mid level guys in major promotions and regional fighters, which is where it really matters, rather than the 0.0001% I'm not sure MMA fighters are paid worse in major promotions than boxers, and I literally mean I'm not sure. I haven't looked into those numbers.

Boxing fans should be able to respect and appreciate other combat sports, regardless to if they have interest in them. All these jaded old weirdos on this forum being haters all the time is just weird. I'm not saying MMA fans can't be better either, that's just a different discussion. I'd also say boxing fans are worse about it. MMA is a beautiful thing, I too hope they get paid better in the future, the near future.

Boxing fans dont watch this.
Its the loser MMA fanbase that watches Jake Paul fights.

Pay has gotten a lot better for MMA, even guys like Salahdine Parnasse didn't sign with the UFC or PFL because he was offered like 250k per fight to stay with KSW...That's a lot more than the majority of top 10 boxers in most weight classes make and this is prospect who's never even been in the UFC. Stars and champions are breaking well into the 7 figures per fight these days and guys like Conor, Jones and NGannou have all made or been offered more than 10m for a single bout in MMA.
What a made up bunch of nonsese.
And then like a complete moron, names 3 guys who havent fought in years, as proof that MMA fighters make big money.
Conor hasnt fought in over 3 years. Jones in over 1 year, and Ngannou in two years.
And two of those guys biggest paydays came in boxing, not MMA.
So in the last year, who's made "bank" in MMA.
Because thats what you call an active fighter. You dont fight for a year, youre not active. So give me an active fighter making 7 figures in MMA.

"As long as they aren't talking about MMA boxing fans are far less retarded".

While I don't like talking in hyperbole, in general boxing fans are more educated about their sport than MMA fans are about theirs. That's for sure. Boxing fans have issues though, one being in general they're more racist and tribal compared to a lot of other combat sports in my experience.

As for MMA deserving it, kinda a dumb statement. You seem a little fueled here too, which isnt lovely.

Pay has gotten a lot better for MMA, even guys like Salahdine Parnasse didn't sign with the UFC or PFL because he was offered like 250k per fight to stay with KSW...That's a lot more than the majority of top 10 boxers in most weight classes make and this is prospect who's never even been in the UFC. Stars and champions are breaking well into the 7 figures per fight these days and guys like Conor, Jones and NGannou have all made or been offered more than 10m for a single bout in MMA...Which isn't bad. The sport as something mainstream is young and still really growing, every year it's gotten closer and closer to boxing in mass appeal through all platforms in the US to where it's basically on even footing last I checked, growing quickly through Oceania, Central Asia, Russia, Poland, France and Latin America. Still a smaller sport than boxing and at the top end, definitely they pay their fighters less than boxers and less than their fighters deserve but.....it's gotten better, though sub 20% revenue to athletes is still deplorable by the UFC. We still are seeing million dollar tournaments pop up all over too from smaller promotions which is great though. As for the mid level guys in major promotions and regional fighters, which is where it really matters, rather than the 0.0001% I'm not sure MMA fighters are paid worse in major promotions than boxers, and I literally mean I'm not sure. I haven't looked into those numbers.

Boxing fans should be able to respect and appreciate other combat sports, regardless to if they have interest in them. All these jaded old weirdos on this forum being haters all the time is just weird. I'm not saying MMA fans can't be better either, that's just a different discussion. I'd also say boxing fans are worse about it. MMA is a beautiful thing, I too hope they get paid better in the future, the near future.

I agree with a lot of this. Boxing fans do have their own forms of mongness, some of which you have identified, but boxing fans actually know about boxing, whereas MMA fans don't know shit about MMA, which is the crucial difference.

But the point about MMA 'deserving' Jake Paul is simply that he is the reminder that the MMA pay structure is broken due to U Fight Cheap's monopoly. Until the MMA community can collectively fix this glaring issue, it cannot claim to be embarrassed about anything.

Wasn’t Jake Paul bulking up to HW?
Jake is likely roided and A LOT bigger than Perry. Perry has been fighting at 185, but that's mostly because he's been doing the Jake Paul thing (fighting old/washed MMA guys) and doesn't need a serious cut. If both were serious boxers or MMA fighters, they'd be 1 if not 2 weight classes apart. Jake walks around at 220, I think. He also has a big height/reach advantage.

With all that said, it would be a lot more interesting in bareknuckle (Perry's domain), but with big boxing gloves, I think Jake will be relative safe from getting KO'd and will outpoint Mike to a decision.

Jake always has some big edge. If not both size and age, it's one or the other. He's a lot bigger than Perry as you say. He didn't have as much of a size advantage over Anderson Silva but Anderson was twice his age. And Tyson is like 10 years older than Anderson.

Askren was at a big disadvantage in every category--total joke. He'd been outboxed by a 40-year old Demain Maia not long before their fight. Fury's cousin was the closest thing Jake has had to a fair fight...and we know how that went.

Jake always has some big edge. If not both size and age, it's one or the other. He's a lot bigger than Perry as you say. He didn't have as much of a size advantage over Anderson Silva but Anderson was twice his age. And Tyson is like 10 years older than Anderson.

Askren was at a big disadvantage in every category--total joke. He'd been outboxed by a 40-year old Demain Maia not long before their fight. Fury's cousin was the closest thing Jake has had to a fair fight...and we know how that went.

And it's been 25 months since Tommy Fury fought anyone who isn't primarily a Youtuber...
Which tells me even he's barely really a boxer these days, makes his money from reality TV and Instagram.

Paul will be much bigger and has nothing but time and money to dedicate to boxing.

Our boy Perry may lose.

Can you boxing fans who are morons at least acknowledge Paul is like 2 weight classes bigger than Perry, like he was vs most of the MMA fighters he boxed....Perry isn't as aged and washed up but he is a whole couple divisions smaller, Perry would he a super Middleweight and not a big one at that, maybe even just a Middleweight. Paul is a cruiserweight, maybe a large Light Heavy.
Mike Perry bodied Luke Cuckhold

Jake should mop the floor with Perry
both Alvarez and Page gave Perry trouble with basic boxing
factor in Paul will be bigger and younger so that should help him take any of Perrys big power shots

factoring how the gloves will take away some of the norepunishing aspects of Perrys punches Is worrisome for him as well. they should remove a lot of the penetrating power of his punches and the ability to cut opponents so easily

conversely the gloves should protect Paul's hands so he can throw high volume big power and not have to worry

if Paul has been improving his game and fights with a job and decent punch diversity he should batter Perry around the ring

I don't doubt Perrys willingness to take a savage beating for a paycheck though so it could go the distance
I would destroy Perry in a fight ,so let’s just stop there .

In a boxing match Jake will school him there’s levels to fighting let’s see ? I’d beat Jake to but he’s the better fighter .

Back