Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake is two weight classes bigger, 20 years younger, and better trained. Anybody that was surprised by him knocking TW out weren't paying attention. Tyrone is a horrible boxer, old, small, and came in the softest we've ever seen him. Jake was winging that overhand right counter all night, nearly connected multiple times.

The only question I have is if Tyrone is really that bad, or did he have an "agreement' not to go hard. In these circus fights Paul is holding all the cards, it would be crazy of him to take an opponent that didn't agree to lose beforehand--he doesnt' have to.

I think Jake smokes Usman in the ring .

Js, I really do.
Why hasn't Diaz or mas said anything about the call outs?
Scared homies?

Yeah ok...Tyron thought the same thing but look what happened. Jake sleeps T Fury within 3 rounds, look how hitteable he is..he nearly got slept by Wilder who just throws wild punches!

GTFO here T Fury doesn't stand a chance against Jake, if he did he would show up to fight. Jake is the biggest star in boxing of this era. Huge payday for him.

Not sure if trolling or retarded. Good job if trolling.

Belfort and Anderson are both in Triller already and they are way bigger names than Woodley, wonder why he's not fighting them :p?

They probably won't accept Paul's terms.. they would want to go for the win.

I absolutely get the point - the difference is The Paul brothers were not serious fighters in training while making a living with a Youtube job. You see Mcgregor had already boxed since 12 years old and was just making ends meet by manual labor. That is true of many fighters in training. Being a full time youtuber who then decided to start to learn to be a fighter is a totally different animal and matters.

You're not doing MMA any favors by trying to minimize the embarrassment here by legitimizing the YouTuber Tweenie celebrities as "established fighters" with a sidejob on Youtube. We all get who and what they are.

Just look at tht Pro like Shadowbox

Yes McGregor had an early start, but that is mostly an anomoly in the MMA world unless you were a college wrestler.

How do you explain Deotay Wilder starting around the same age as Jake Paul, he was working odd jobs in fast food and construction to make ends meet before ever boxing.

You can keep throwing the youtube buzzword around, but in fact being a youtube star with millions as a teenager enabled him to have unlimited time and money to throw at boxing trainin for the past 3-4 years. By the way Youtube is not a "full time job" once you have a following, they don't have a schedule because they already have a huge fan base. In fact documenting his boxing training is part of his youtube content creation now.

Yes McGregor had an early start, but that is mostly an anomoly in the MMA world unless you were a college wrestler.

MMA guys usually come from some sort of fighting backround be it Wrestling, Karate, Thai, Karate whatever. Or nowadays -straight up MMA upbringing

How do you explain Deotay Wilder starting around the same age as Jake Paul, he was working odd jobs in fast food and construction to make ends meet before ever boxing.

deontay is an exception and if youve ever been in a boxing school you'd know this -these kids start young and train hard. Matter fact alot of boxing guys dont respect Wilder and just think of him as a brawler with windmill knockout power

You can keep throwing the youtube buzzword around, but in fact being a youtube star with millions as a teenager enabled him to have unlimited time and money to throw at boxing trainin for the past 3-4 years. By the way Youtube is not a "full time job" once you have a following, they don't have a schedule because they already have a huge fan base. In fact documenting his boxing training is part of his youtube content creation now.

And you can keep minimizing the utter embarrassment it is to have UFC caliber champs knocked The F out by Youtuber tween queens. Watch out WMMA , Selena Gomez is and Halle Berry bout to dominate yall! By your logic, rich guys would always be the best. Money dont equate with Fight -ever.

Belfort and Anderson are both in Triller already and they are way bigger names than Woodley, wonder why he's not fighting them :p?

Probably because Jake is with Showtime now, not Triller.

Even thought woodley is mostly wrestler, he is also an mma fighter. MMA combines both wrestling and striking. Woodleys boxing should be a lot better after all the years of fighting than of guy who was on Disney channel a few years ago. Its embarrassing af.

Sorry for shit english, iam high af rn (but still able to see its embarrassing)
<Moves><TheDonald><codychoke><CanYouSeeMeNow><{silvanormal}>

Again, never known for his boxing.
Known as a one punch power guy.

Exactly...this guy is a clown, really hope the Fury fight rematerializes.....even though he is no where near as good as Tyson he is still more than good enough to shut Jake up.

Not sure about that..Tommy looked like trash in the fight that I saw.. Let him fight a cruiserwieght with even a .500 record with 10 or more fights..

Yeah, ok, idiot.
You Ben Askren fans still hanging on? I remember back in the day when Ben was putting on his lay and pray specials stinking out the place fighting overrated hype jobs like Lima or undersized guys like Shinya ya'll were talking about him being the best WW on the planet...

Now look, a guy who got 1 hit slept by a Youtuber and having one of the least successful and embarassing runs in UFC history. A walking mortification of a fighter and any fans who try to dismiss people as 'casuals' for not licking the nut sack of a guy who had a decent career in the b leagues and not want to acknowledge him as a legend are just as mortifying.

What legendary has he done? The only famous moments from his career are getting battered by Robbie, getting chocked out cold by Maia, the knee that made him shit himself and 1 hit quitting against Paul.

Last I checked legends have highlight reel finishes, massive moments, famous fights, win belts and defend them, etc, etc....Ben doesn't do any of that? It's like calling Jake Shields because he had a good career in lesser promotions....it's not gonna work. He's a joke and everyone knows it. Cry about it.

In response to the poll, nah. Ain't gonna affect the ufc at all. Woodley hasn't been worth anything in years and every MMA fan knows that.

Dude is 40 and is a wrestler, we expected him to lose both times. His one punch is an overhand right, that he set up in mma with takedowns. In boxing, Paul just kept his head low and his hands up and that punch isn't there.

On the other hand, there are multiple mma fighters, active and retired, that I would pick over Paul, but they're all his size and known for their striking. No freaking chance he'll fight them.

Jake Paul is a youtuber not a professional fighter. This is really weak.

You Ben Askren fans still hanging on? I remember back in the day when Ben was putting on his lay and pray specials stinking out the place fighting overrated hype jobs like Lima or undersized guys like Shinya ya'll were talking about him being the best WW on the planet...

Now look, a guy who got 1 hit slept by a Youtuber and having one of the least successful and embarassing runs in UFC history. A walking mortification of a fighter and any fans who try to dismiss people as 'casuals' for not licking the nut sack of a guy who had a decent career in the b leagues and not want to acknowledge him as a legend are just as mortifying.

What legendary has he done? The only famous moments from his career are getting battered by Robbie, getting chocked out cold by Maia, the knee that made him shit himself and 1 hit quitting against Paul.

Last I checked legends have highlight reel finishes, massive moments, famous fights, win belts and defend them, etc, etc....Ben doesn't do any of that? It's like calling Jake Shields because he had a good career in lesser promotions....it's not gonna work. He's a joke and everyone knows it. Cry about it.
lol you’re so determined to hurt that guys’ feelings you’re willing to say some of the dumbest shit i’ve ever read.

jake shields is a top 5 ATG welterweight & ben askren as bellator champ was fucking terrifying lmao dude was khabib before khabib. he just couldn’t strike. watch his fights with koreshkov & amoussou if you need a reminder.

Hard to put Jake in the P4P greats just yet.... Needs to beat a Diaz bro or both first... ;) @PUO3

<{natewhut}><{natewhut}><209Bitch>

Why are you trying to pretend fury is a real boxer himself?
Same age as Jake, same size as Jake, undefeated professional boxer

who else should he fight if not someone who’s literally in the EXACT same situation as him? It’s the perfect match up for both guys

The guy is making such a big name in boxing nowadays. He picks and chooses the right opponents and exploits them. Savvy business man and promoter of his brand. But is he good for boxing I don't know?

jake-paul-boxing.jpg

Different audience for the most part. If he can make bank at his skill level, good for him. It's more of a self-promotion internet celebrity thing then a boxing thing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back