• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ok...Tyron thought the same thing but look what happened. Jake sleeps T Fury within 3 rounds, look how hitteable he is..he nearly got slept by Wilder who just throws wild punches!

GTFO here T Fury doesn't stand a chance against Jake, if he did he would show up to fight. Jake is the biggest star in boxing of this era. Huge payday for him.

Tommy fury never fought wilder. Dumbass.

There's several ufc fighters who would stuff his shit in, but that would mean he'd have to fight somebody his size known for their striking. Nah, he's gonna pick dudes he's got 40 lbs on or that were wrestlers.

If he really wants to embarrass Dana company why doesn't he box Anderson Silva? And knock him out. Because he knows he'd lose.

People en masse were saying that here about him "gonna get killed" when Askren fight was first announced. And then when first Woodley fight announced. Personally I cant stand those Bros but people tryna keep moving the goal posts and down play the MMA guys as "just wrestlers" and hype up the Youtubers as "pretty athletic and high level training". Lmao Justin Bieber had one of the best Boxing trainers of all time.

The amount of people who aren't embarrassed by a guy with only a few years experience destroying longtime high level MMA fighters is surprisingly high.

Like I get that you're trying to cope by saying their striking sucked so it didn't matter (Askren) or they were small (Woodley lol?), but regardless they still should be able to handle what's essentially an amateur doing pro fights against actual pro fighters. They have like 3-4x the experience just in training alone, let alone their actual pro careers that are much longer too.

If you're not sitting here wondering what the fuck these guys have spent training all this time then you've got your blinders on.

MMA sTrIKiNg Is DiFfErEnT.

Paul Jake is a knockout machine. At this point that's all but confirmed.
Can't wait till he fights someone his own size with actual tangible boxing skills.

He can't fight an MMA fighter to get boxing skills is the point.
He is fighting people his size. Woodley weighted 189 and Paul weighted 190.

People en masse were saying that here about him "gonna get killed" when Askren fight was first announced. And then when first Woodley fight announced. Personally I cant stand those Bros but people tryna keep moving the goal posts and down play the MMA guys as "just wrestlers" and hype up the Youtubers as "pretty athletic and high level training". Lmao Justin Bieber had one of the best Boxing trainers of all time.
Jake was the betting favorite against askren.

There's several ufc fighters who would stuff his shit in, but that would mean he'd have to fight somebody his size known for their striking. Nah, he's gonna pick dudes he's got 40 lbs on or that were wrestlers.
We should do Brock Lesnar vs Naoya Inoue in a boxing match to determine whether boxing is a dead sport or not. P4P one of the best boxers vs P4P one of the worst strikers in modern UFC. Should be an easy match for boxing right?

The most embarrassing part is that a former champ with 6 PPV headlining title fights is so hard up for a payday at 39 that's he'll do celebrity boxing. Woodly should be beating up his agent/manager.

It's not like Canello is going to have to take up Dancing with the Stars to make ends meet once his boxing days are over.
{<huh}

It is incredibly common for boxers and other athletes to go broke after retiring.

Evander Holyfield just took a fight at age 60 and got battered by Vitor, and was putting on a dress to do commercials like 20 years ago because he was broke.

Like 80% of NFL players and 60% of NBA players go broke within a few years of leaving the league.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighs...retired-nfl-players-go-broke/?sh=39b0c2678ccb

The more independent promotions there are the better. The UFC is keeping nearly all the money generated by their fighters, over 80% of revenue for the last decade. UFC fighters are getting table scraps.

I'd prefer someone like Woodley who's nearly 40 years old and fought at the highest level of the UFC for 16 fights doesn't need to take celebrity boxing matches, but thats how bad the pay is. Doing this bouts presents life changing money for a former UFC world champion.

Until there is enough pressure to fix the atrocious revenue split UFC fighters are getting, people like Paul can say this stuff with a straight face. He doesn't need to ask these guys to fight, they want the deal. It's substantially more money.
Your fighter pay schtick is really getting boring, man. Get some new lines.

Imagine being an adult male and worrying more about other people’s pockets than the actual sport you’re watching? It’s fucking pathetic.

Have you boycotted the UFC, because you think it’s so unfair? Have you written a single email to either the UFC, or any of their sponsors expressing your outrage over fighter pay?

With a gun to my head I know the answer is, NO. You just bore the living shit out of us with your constant complaints.

Ouch...not a good look for us MMA'ers here. These Youtube punks are not former greats in the Realm of boxing though now were they? Your example using LeBron falls flat on its face because he is one of the best ever to have played - these youtubers have never even fought another Pro Boxer.....leagues apart

I don't think you get the point. You previous profession has absolutely zero to do with your fighting ability in the future. Having a youtube career at like 16 years old is not a determining factor in anything you do in the future. Especially when he started training boxing full time at 20 years old, I am almost certain most UFC fighters these days don't even start that young. In fact, unless you were a college wrestler, or a kickboxer, most UFC fighters did not come from fighting backgrounds.

Conor McGregor is a former plumber's apprentice, Franklin was a math teacher, in fact MMA is literally littered with people that had random jobs and careers before pursuing a career in fighting. I never hear you discredit Aldo because he got KO'd by a former Plumber like McGregor.

Your fighter pay schtick is really getting boring, man. Get some new lines.

Imagine being an adult male and worrying more about other people’s pockets than the actual sport you’re watching? It’s fucking pathetic.

Have you boycotted the UFC, because you think it’s so unfair? Have you written a single email to either the UFC, or any of their sponsors expressing your outrage over fighter pay?

With a gun to my head I know the answer is, NO. You just bore the living shit out of us with your constant complaints.

You posted 8400 times in a year...

He’s an ex champion fighting a rich Disney star. Crazy downplaying how significant a scar this is. It is embarrassing for the UFC.

Yeah being a Rich Disney Star allowed him to throw millions of dollars into training boxing full time with the best training money can buy.

Sadly he is embarrassing boxing far more than UFC.

He is the biggest star and talent of the current generation of boxing to the point where he had T Fury (the best heavyweight in boxing and twice Jake's size) running for the hills, and he got rocked by a freaking over the hill welterweight UFC wrestler.
This is laughable. A random dude bro trains boxing for a few years and is suddenly knocking all time great UFC guys unconscious with the gloves that MMA fans have been calling "pillows" for 15 years. Also Tommy Fury is not Tyson Fury. Lmao....

I don't think you get the point. You previous profession has absolutely zero to do with your fighting ability in the future. Having a youtube career at like 16 years old is not a determining factor in anything you do in the future. Especially when he started training boxing full time at 20 years old, I am almost certain most UFC fighters these days don't even start that young. In fact, unless you were a college wrestler, or a kickboxer, most UFC fighters did not come from fighting backgrounds.

Conor McGregor is a former plumber's apprentice, Franklin was a math teacher, in fact MMA is literally littered with people that had random jobs and careers before pursuing a career in fighting. I never hear you discredit Aldo because he got KO'd by a former Plumber like McGregor.

I absolutely get the point - the difference is The Paul brothers were not serious fighters in training while making a living with a Youtube job. You see Mcgregor had already boxed since 12 years old and was just making ends meet by manual labor. That is true of many fighters in training. Being a full time youtuber who then decided to start to learn to be a fighter is a totally different animal and matters.

You're not doing MMA any favors by trying to minimize the embarrassment here by legitimizing the YouTuber Tweenie celebrities as "established fighters" with a sidejob on Youtube. We all get who and what they are.

Just look at tht Pro like Shadowbox

This is laughable. A random dude bro trains boxing for a few years and is suddenly knocking all time great UFC guys unconscious with the gloves that MMA fans have been calling "pillows" for 15 years. Also Tommy Fury is not Tyson Fury. Lmao....
He would knock T Fury and Usman out on the same night in boxing. Not really an embarrassment to MMA. At least MMA fighters might have a chance to beat him in MMA. I would say Usman vs Jake Paul in a MMA fight is about 50/50 but Ty Fury gets his head taken off 10/10 times in boxing vs Jake.

Boxing is a dead sport dude, you can't really think T Fury can beat a guy like Jake, he has been making millions of dollars all his life and he invested well into training. There isn't a boxer on the planet who can actually hang with him. Maybe Ali in his prime has a chance.

Last edited:
He would knock T Fury and Usman out on the same night in boxing. Not really an embarrassment to MMA. At least MMA fighters might have a chance to beat him in MMA. I would say Usman vs Jake Paul in a MMA fight is about 50/50 but T Fury gets his head taken off 10/10 times in boxing vs Jake.

Boxing is a dead sport dude, you can't really think T Fury can beat a guy like Jake, he has been making millions of dollars all his life and he invested well into training. There isn't a boxer on the planet who can actually hang with him. Maybe Ali in his prime has a chance.
Are you talking about Tyson or Tommy Fury? I don't think you know there are two different people here and one of them is a 6'9 260 lb heavyweight champion....the other is a 22 year old with a handful of fights. Doesn't surprise me that an MMA excuse maker has no concept of the fight game...

Are you talking about Tyson or Tommy Fury? I don't think you know there are two different people here and one of them is a 6'9 260 lb heavyweight champion....the other is a 22 year old with a handful of fights. Doesn't surprise me that an MMA excuse maker has no concept of the fight game...
Come on be smart. You think this guy has a chance against Jake?
0_Fury-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back