• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah being a Rich Disney Star allowed him to throw millions of dollars into training boxing full time with the best training money can buy.
Against guys who also get top training. As if that matters. Getting top dollar training doesn’t equate success. See the people he’s boxed against as well as ufc star CM Punk.

I have a hard time deciding this. Good in that he's bringing in new viewers, but also he's taking a lot of the esteem and credibility of the sport away by making it a bit of a circus. I think he'd have a better influence if his cards could be used to build up up-and-comers on the undercards.

One of the greatest things to happen to boxing, the sport rests on his shoulders.

Rich is relative. To me, a million is a lot of money. That’s rich to me. Having a good financial foothold to push you forward.

If someone paid me $1M to fight anyone on the planet, I’d take it. If I thought I wouldn’t die. Hell, I might risk it. For $1M? I’ll be in the ring with Ngannou tomorrow.

Woodley took a short notice fight against a guy who was training for a step up in competition. Why would he do that?

Knowing you can lose in the public eye is tough. But getting paid well? He put his ego aside and made the smart money move.

I’m proud of him. He’s smarter than people think.

I wish him the best.

But most of us knew decades ago tha decent boxers are better at boxing than great mma players. Now he ain’t great anymore and Jake ain’t decent….but it still goes to show.

Just like great boxers won’t make great kickboxers (though I think it was Botha who tried to prove me wrong way back when).

TS and I both hope Woodley isn’t broke in 4 years.

guys who would something very stupid for 1 million would lose it fast most of the time
making money is like doing diet, if you go too fast your body and mind cant keep up

people who have food, home and activities should respect that
we know lots of rich people who are miserable af
if you dont have purpose behind your success, you got nothing

T wood is the type to blow millions in weeks. I wouldnt say hes rich

Yes he's handled this all exceptionally well, I'll always be a fan of T Wood..

Rich is relative. To me, a million is a lot of money. That’s rich to me. Having a good financial foothold to push you forward.

If someone paid me $1M to fight anyone on the planet, I’d take it. If I thought I wouldn’t die. Hell, I might risk it. For $1M? I’ll be in the ring with Ngannou tomorrow.

Woodley took a short notice fight against a guy who was training for a step up in competition. Why would he do that?

Knowing you can lose in the public eye is tough. But getting paid well? He put his ego aside and made the smart money move.

I’m proud of him. He’s smarter than people think.

If he hadn't blown his first fortune he wouldn't be in this fuckin predicament in the first place.

Not smart, and not humble

Still waiting on him to fight someone with actual hands. But if he's a smart businessman (which he is), he'll stay the course and cherry-pick his fights.
Makes one wonder why he had agreed to fight Tommy Fury. Don’t get me wrong Tommy is a winnable fight, but I wouldn’t give Jake Paul a great chance to beat him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back