• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never a fan of Woodley but I respect him more since his 2 boxing matches.

Getting watches and cars won't do well in the long run, Mostly..

I hope he invests the cash he made and gets some decent returns.

Same age as Jake, same size as Jake, undefeated professional boxer

who else should he fight if not someone who’s literally in the EXACT same situation as him? It’s the perfect match up for both guys
That’s fine. But saying Tommy “fucking” fury as if it means anything is funny. Fury’s opponents have a combined record of 14-175. He may be a “professional” but he hasn’t fought any professionals…..you acted like fury was a step up from woodley.

He’s an ex champion fighting a rich Disney star. Crazy downplaying how significant a scar this is. It is embarrassing for the UFC.
Styles make fights.

Woodley was a right Champion at the right time for his reign. Robbie Lawler just had Rory's number and they took years off one another in their fights. Rory had schooled Woodley before that so I always thought The Frozen one could be easily neutralized on the feet when facing down a superior fighter. He just has that raw, explosive, freak wrestler power and could starch you if you ate a clean shot like Robbie did.

I never thought his title reign was all that impressive and certainly a low point for the WW division after GSP.

But saying all of that he was the perfect guinea pig for Jake Paul to style on; which he did. In retrospect putting Boxing gloves on Woodley was just cruel and embarrassing because his worst attribute - standing there and doing nothing - was on full display and had him even more vulnerable than he otherwise would be in the cage.

You're right though, this is embarrassing for the UFC and now this whole charade will continue as Jake Paul is going to continue to be calling out UFC fighters and potentially KOing more of them.

That’s fine. But saying Tommy “fucking” fury as if it means anything is funny. Fury’s opponents have a combined record of 14-175. He may be a “professional” but he hasn’t fought any professionals…..you acted like fury was a step up from woodley.

He has fought real boxers though, while Jake has not, and he has been boxing a lot longer. Totally ignoring this and favoring Paul who looked like total shit in this fight, just because he got a gimme KO, is just stupid. Everyone of Fury's opponents would have beaten Jakes.

anderson still has some serious boxing chops. i think he could KO jake early with his counters. he’s still sharp. if it goes past that though, i don’t like his chances.

Rich, yes. Humble? Fuck no. He was probably the most entitled UFC champion in his era.
And yes, racist toward white people. Its a two way street.

Jake was struggling against Woodley, Anderson easily unless he's just too old. Jake is a good boxer compared to non boxers, that's it.

Anderson matrixes. He just won a dec over a real boxer. Also Anderson isn't 2 weight classes smaller than Paul. Same height, longer reach. It's a gimme fight for Anderson. So no way Paul does it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back