• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all this shows is that uneducated fans are delusional about what it means to be an "MMA fighter". They have it in their head that Jake Paul is just a "youtuber" and therefore should get beat up, when in reality your previous profession doesn't mean much. Paul is a big semi athletic guy that literally has fuck you money to throw and train boxing full time with world class boxers for the past 3-4 years. Anyone that has that kinda resources and dedication can become decent.

Also what does being a youtuber have to do with anything. GSP was a garbage man before he started competing, Rich Franklin was an teacher, and Shane Carwin has an engineering degree. What was Derrick Lewis before he started MMA, he was an ex-con not doing much.

Also consider this, BJ Penn was just some rich boy from Hawaii that decided to train BJJ full time, and 3 years later he was a black belt and was beating really great grapplers in the world championship.

Wilder started training at 19 and that is considered old. It is why his actual boxing skill is low, but he makes up for it with power. Training in your 20s means he would never be a top level boxer.

I think Anderson Silva will take that fight, and so will Jake Paul.
Only people Paul is scared of are actual full time boxers that train.

Anderson already asked for the fight in Sept.

Why is Jake calling out UFC fighters under contract?

Imagine thinking that a guy who lost every single single round since losing Usman and was cut for being washed represents the whole UFC.
Cute cope. Imagine thinking that a professional fighter who was known for knocking people out and who was the UFC welterweight champion less than 3 years ago getting brutally knocked out by a Disney kid who has only been training for 3 years doesn’t make the sport of MMA look like a complete joke.

If you have no idea what you are talking about why are you posting. Tyson Fury brother was going to fight him, and pulled out from injury. An injury he proved by showing x rays. Tyson Fury would KO him any time he wanted with his eyes closed.
Yeah ok...Tyron thought the same thing but look what happened. Jake sleeps T Fury within 3 rounds, look how hitteable he is..he nearly got slept by Wilder who just throws wild punches!

GTFO here T Fury doesn't stand a chance against Jake, if he did he would show up to fight. Jake is the biggest star in boxing of this era. Huge payday for him.

JP is arguably the biggest star in boxing, bigger than Fury or Canelo at this point lol. This is a bigger embarrassment to boxing than it is to MMA.

Twood is a guy who got cut for losing nearly 20 rounds in a row in his own sport (MMA). He's also almost 40 years old. No way does Tyrone represent MMA.
Well that and he was always a terrible boxer in mma. He was puncher with a big overhand right that you couldn't easily go to the ground with or clinch. You strap boxing gloves on him, put him in a boxing ring and have him face off against a much bigger fresher boxer and this is what you get. Especially at 40 years old after a very long career.

Ugh...it is impossible to like this fucking guy. He beats 2 wrestlers...that he has a big size advantage on...in a boxing match...then calls out a guy he easily has 40 lbs on....WTF is wrong with this fucking guy. I really hope Fury fights him next...and fucking puts him to sleep, the entire fight until the KO vs Woodley was pathetic and he looked like a fucking bum...he has some power but anyone who can box would have never been hit with that...it was telegraphed as fuck.
Stop with the pathetic coping. Woodley and Paul both walk around at 200 pounds. Tyron has stated that several times, as has Jake. They’re the same size - Woodley is just short.

By beating wrestlers?
Yeah, that logic is pretty flawed.
Even thought woodley is mostly wrestler, he is also an mma fighter. MMA combines both wrestling and striking. Woodleys boxing should be a lot better after all the years of fighting than of guy who was on Disney channel a few years ago. Its embarrassing af.

Sorry for shit english, iam high af rn (but still able to see its embarrassing)
<Moves><TheDonald><codychoke><CanYouSeeMeNow><{silvanormal}>

You got to give props to Jake. He got cut, he was not having any success out there, looked tired, and he found a way. The kid has guts, he keeps improving and he definitely proved me wrong and greatly exceeded any and all expectations had for him when he was near even money with Nate Robinson last year. I do not think there was anyone that thought he would KO Twood in such vicious fashion last year at this time.

Well that and he was always a terrible boxer in mma. He was puncher with a big overhand right that you couldn't easily go to the ground with or clinch. You strap boxing gloves on him, put him in a boxing ring and have him face off against a much bigger fresher boxer and this is what you get. Especially at 40 years old after a very long career.
He’s an ex champion fighting a rich Disney star. Crazy downplaying how significant a scar this is. It is embarrassing for the UFC.

Paul Jake is a knockout machine. At this point that's all but confirmed.
Can't wait till he fights someone his own size with actual tangible boxing skills.

I mean, good for him. Can't deny that he had a great year, and can't deny that he's at least a competent boxer. He's earned that level of respect as an athlete, but that's pretty as far as I'll go with my praise.

I dont know about embarrassing the whole company as hard as he thinks but he definitely did embarrass Wpodley by putting a stamp on Woodleys chin with a right hand that put him str8 to sleep. Woodley should crawl under whatever rock he crawled out of and hide under that bia for a long ass time imo

He’s an ex champion fighting a rich Disney star. Crazy downplaying how significant a scar this is. It is embarrassing for the UFC.
Thats a misguided assessment of the situation, devoid of any context whatsoever

If he really wants to embarrass Dana company why doesn't he box Anderson Silva? And knock him out. Because he knows he'd lose.

The sad thing is, im pretty sure he would knock out Conor. The guy is a cruiserweight picking on past prime WWs and LWs.

Does anyone know if Jake is doing a big cut? As far as I know most UFC WW's are around the 190lb weight before their cut. He didn't look too oversized compared to Ben and Tyron.

In response to the poll, nah. Ain't gonna affect the ufc at all. Woodley hasn't been worth anything in years and every MMA fan knows that.

Dude is 40 and is a wrestler, we expected him to lose both times. His one punch is an overhand right, that he set up in mma with takedowns. In boxing, Paul just kept his head low and his hands up and that punch isn't there.

On the other hand, there are multiple mma fighters, active and retired, that I would pick over Paul, but they're all his size and known for their striking. No freaking chance he'll fight them.

Does anyone know if Jake is doing a big cut? As far as I know most UFC WW's are around the 190lb weight before their cut. He didn't look too oversized compared to Ben and Tyron.
He looked SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than Tyron.
And yes he cuts weight obviously

Has he called out Anderson Silva yet or does Silva not look old/broken enough for him to call for that fight?

You brought up guys on the undercard. They aren't fighting Paul or getting paid as if they were. I believe Paul and Nate Robinson had some sort of beef on social media. I don't pay attention to all that. Maybe he's broke too as a lot of athletes are no matter how much money they make but the NBA certainly pays well enough that if they take care of their money you don't have to submit to spectacles like that.
It doesn't change the fact that all these former and current UFC fighters are doing it because they never got paid well. Funny that Woodley's an exception. He was stupid with money but he's said fighting Paul was the biggest purse of his career. That's what's sad about it.
So they are doing it because they never got paid well, and the other guys are doing it because they did get paid well but they aren’t good with money……

Just about every boxer (retired or active) would line up for a Jake Paul payday as well.

I agree that it’s sad when guys aren’t financially secure and have nothing to fall back on. But Jake Paul is a payday for anyone. Unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back