Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

200w.gif

200w.gif

tBg4py.gif

tenor.gif

look at what a real boxer looks like, this is skill and talent.

Jake Paul is a bum and a weakling.

Buddeh this is just the beginning. You think hes gonna stop now after this fight?
I wanted Jake to Fight a serious boxer who break his weird face, but Ben is enough to break his confidence.

This is stupid.

So stupid I even put £150 down on Askren. Jake Paul beat a YouTuber. Askren gets ridiculed because he got KOd against Masdival. But Askren is vet and NCAA - so he knows the grind - he’s taken the heat from Robbie Lawler and still beat him. In terms of FIGHT experience - Ben Askren is miles ahead. - and I’m pretty sure in boxing experience too, he’s put in many more rounds than this other dude.

I don’t like Askren much, but I think he beats Jake Paul.

This is the point I've bee making. I really don't know the gap in boxing skills here. I mean you have a youtuber and a mma fighter with subpar boxing for mma standards. However, fact is that Askren has been a mma fighter for 12 years so I am assuming somewhere along the way he picked up a few boxing skills.

Furthermore to your point. Ben is a long time athlete, mma fighter since 09 and a wrestler prior to that. He may not be a good boxer any means but he is a well conditioned athlete that competes at a high level. He knows his body and how to use it in a competition and has the conditioning, experience and durability.

I think Paul gasses out, he's never fought 2 rounds. Ben has been in fights lasting 25 mins

Hard to compare MMA striking to boxing when there will be zero threat of a takedown which most of Askrens opponents are forced to defend. I don’t know much of the Paul guy but if he’s an amateur level boxing he’ll rip through Ben.

Lol GSP hoping askren doesn't make mma look bad , then talks about how he only trained with Freddie roach from for a week ... Fuck lol...
I'm still watched this dastardly spectacle if I'm being honest. :oops:;).
I wonder if Ben only stayed for a week because Freddie costs a lot of money to train with. It’s not like he coaches people for free. I’m sure there’s more to the story than just a case of Ben being unmotivated.

But I’m with you, I’m actually curious to see how this goes. Probably would have bought this show, since I also ordered the last one, but decided against it when I saw that Snoop Dogg will be on commentary, since IMO he singlehandedly ruined the last card.

He probably was the best guy outside the UFC at one point.

Nope. If Askren came in his Bellator days, he would've lost to prime Hendricks, prime Lawler, Lombard, Maia (just like the later fight...and Maia was a beast as a new WW) and Palhares, an absolute nightmare for him. And of course GSP. Shields, Fitch, Koscheck, Ellenberger and a few others would be toss-ups at best, too. We're talking about a guy who barely beat Jay Hieron.

I don't understand the concern with regards to how MMA looks if Ben loses.

It's a boxing match.

Ben is one of the worst boxers all time in MMA. Paul gets wrestle fucked in MMA by Ben, with ease.

If Paul wins it says nothing about MMA.

It's terrible by any standard. I've seen more technique in Jake Paul's two short matches than Ben's entire career. And Jake Paul isn't good at boxing, it's just that Askren is that bad. His whole thing is getting fights to the ground. He's never had to engage in a striking contest with anyone. Not getting knocked out in his fights isn't a good reason to pick Ben.

I didn’t say you should pick Ben based on that, just he obviously he’s had good enough instincts to know how to handle someone with better striking.

I seriously doubt he’s going to in there and start winging shots recklessly like Nate Robinson. There’s something to be said about fighters who know what they’re good and not good at.

I don't understand the concern with regards to how MMA looks if Ben loses.

It's a boxing match.

Ben is one of the worst boxers all time in MMA. Paul gets wrestle fucked in MMA by Ben, with ease.

If Paul wins it says nothing about MMA.
Your thinking about it logically . The overall casual onlooker will see it and think "YouTuber beat accomplished MMA fighter mma must be a joke." It is what it is though not the first time a casual audience misunderstood the sport of mma

Ben is the human punching-bag, but he got a chin.

Wouldnt even be surprised to see him gas the blonde clown at some point in the fight

Paul is bigger, younger , didn’t recently have hip surgery and is a better boxer .....Paul by knockout

askren just needs to out cardio Jake Paul and he wins. It's really that simple, make it ugly avoid taking too much damage and own his ass in the later rounds.

Silvas one of the very few MMA fighters I liked. And hes gonna probably get the biggest ass kicking of all them besides maybe Mir. And it shouldn't be that way.
Mir is boxing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back