Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is stupid.

So stupid I even put £150 down on Askren. Jake Paul beat a YouTuber. Askren gets ridiculed because he got KOd against Masdival. But Askren is vet and NCAA - so he knows the grind - he’s taken the heat from Robbie Lawler and still beat him. In terms of FIGHT experience - Ben Askren is miles ahead. - and I’m pretty sure in boxing experience too, he’s put in many more rounds than this other dude.

I don’t like Askren much, but I think he beats Jake Paul.
Insert askren striking gif here.

Lol GSP hoping askren doesn't make mma look bad , then talks about how he only trained with Freddie roach from for a week ... Fuck lol...
I'm still watched this dastardly spectacle if I'm being honest. :oops:;)
Also lol at Joe Rogan practically blowing Jake Paul for his boxing .
He wants him on the JRE, you know it.

Askren. Hes been training for years to defend a multitude of different strikes that include way more than punching. How he's not the favorite here is insane. Paul has only beaten a former nba manlet and a YouTube guy.

Unless everyone is buying the hype stuff around Paul that boxers and mma guys are feeding you to hype the fight.

Pretty much what everyone thinks who has experience in both mma and pure boxing from actual pure boxing gyms that train amateur/pro boxers. GSP understands the differences between the 2, it's the ones that don't have that experience who have different analysts on the fight and skill level. They think all boxing training/fighting is the same, it isn't.

The key is at the end of the video. This is Ben’s biggest payday. Ben brought that up a lot when the fight was first announced.

Is Ben trying to win or just not get knocked out?

If Askren turns it into a clinchfest and it goes to the judges, is there anyway Jake Paul doesn’t get the decision?

This is stupid.

So stupid I even put £150 down on Askren. Jake Paul beat a YouTuber. Askren gets ridiculed because he got KOd against Masdival. But Askren is vet and NCAA - so he knows the grind - he’s taken the heat from Robbie Lawler and still beat him. In terms of FIGHT experience - Ben Askren is miles ahead. - and I’m pretty sure in boxing experience too, he’s put in many more rounds than this other dude.

Have you seen Ben's striking?

Ben knows he will likely lose and doesn't give a shit because he's about to make bank $$$.

Jake Paul is getting way too much hype. I rewatched that Nate fight, and he looks way worse than I remember. The other guy literally has ZERO boxing, but I guess because he's a ripped black guy, it makes him look like he's supposed to know how to fight? They are both bums, Jake looked like shit and to me what Askren did with Maia on the feet is 10x more impressive than ko ing a bum who quit after the first punch

I think Ben would actually give GSP some trouble
GSP-QMI-Agency.jpg

It’s terrible by mma standards, but how often has he gotten knocked out with strikes?

He may know enough to drag the fight on as long as possible and possibly play off Paul’s inexperience against someone that actually fights for a living. He has 8 rounds.

It's terrible by any standard. I've seen more technique in Jake Paul's two short matches than Ben's entire career. And Jake Paul isn't good at boxing, it's just that Askren is that bad. His whole thing is getting fights to the ground. He's never had to engage in a striking contest with anyone. Not getting knocked out in his fights isn't a good reason to pick Ben.

This is stupid.

I’ll take that bet, in fact I’ll double it on a prediction Jake Paul will win. Private message me.

It’s terrible by mma standards, but how often has he gotten knocked out with strikes?

He may know enough to drag the fight on as long as possible and possibly play off Paul’s inexperience against someone that actually fights for a living. He has 8 rounds.
if it’s terrible by MMA standards it will be 100x terrible by boxing standards.

Probably because his default when getting struck was to wrestle

I can't wait for this fight to be over so I never have to hear about this Paul character again :rolleyes:
disgust-42.gif
Buddeh this is just the beginning. You think hes gonna stop now after this fight?

Back