Jake Paul: "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter?"

So, the Paul brothers too. It's just baffling the enormous percentage of the population that simply don't understand how the economy works. The Paul brothers don't understand it. The fighters don't understand it. Most fans don't seem to understand it.

When you ask "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter", the answer is very simple, and anyone with an IQ above 80 who isn't living under a rock would know it:

You make more money than every UFC fighter because you have more fans and people interested in you than every UFC fighter. And you have more people interested in you because you've spent the last decade growing a large following by being an idiot that many other idiots, mostly brain damaged kids, enjoy to watch. It's as simple as that. The market for that is bigger than the MMA market. And those people who follow you crossed over to boxing just to see you box, not because they actually like boxing.

However, you don't make more than Conor McGregor. What does Conor McGregor has in common with the Paul Brothers that the other fighters don't have? Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. A big following. Many people who want to see him fight. See? It's all about people wanting to see you. If people don't wanna see you, how hard you punch and how many world titles you have is irrelevant.

People are more interested in personalities than in fights. Fights aren't that exciting for most people. You get the masses engaged when the one fighting is someone people enjoy to watch.

"It's not fair"

It's perfectly fair. You're punching people in the face and getting punched. You're not curing cancer. You're not solving environmental issues. Nobody owes you anything by default just because you do physical work. Don't like it, don't sign the contract. Want more money? Find a skill in higher demand, or find a way to get people interested in you. Otherwise, what money are you claiming, exactly?

This is what most people in the world don't understand, or at least PRETEND to not to understand, for god knows what reason: You don't get paid because your skills. You don't get paid because you work hard. That, in itself, is worth next to nothing. You get paid when you supply a demand. The bigger the demand, the higher the pay.

So, in that sense, it doesn't matter if Jon Jones is the most skilled fighter in the world. There is more demand for the Paul brothers than there is for Jon Jones. More people wanna buy the Paul product than Jon's, or Francis's. People actually decide with their wallet who's gonna make bank and who's not.

Do you usually just go around offering money to people for their hard work? Do you go up to street painters that are super talented but sell nothing you wanna buy and just say: "Here's 2k for you being so talented. You deserve it". I'd bet most of you don't.

Now, why is the law of supply and demand so fucking hard to understand? Are people really that stupid? Or they just ignore it because it goes against their delusions? They feel they're very valuable because they work hard and therefore wanna be rewarded? I'm sorry, but you're not valuable just because you work hard and have skills. That's not how the economy works.
Their purses has been less than a million, Logan made just 600k ppv buys with Floyd.. the Askren fight sell much more but wasn't that huge, the same numbers of the first Masvidal vs Usman

I dont know why people keep comparing ufc to sports leagues. If you play for the chicago bulls your performance has a direct impact on the financial success of the team. If youre some nobody on the ufc undercard your presence has no direct impact on the financial sucesss of the ufc

Undercards arent sold on ppv are they tho....so ur comparison doesnt make sense

No1s saying prelim guys should be rolling in it..

But household names and champions absolutely should be

Your argument is fatally flawed and doesn't address the fact that the UFC makes farm more money than the Paul brothers do.

No. Your comment is flawed because it assumes we know exactly UFC's expenses and how much money it needs to have on hand vs how much money can be handed to the fighters. It also assumes that if the UFC paid more to the fighters, they would be making as much as the Paul brothers, which isn't true, Maybe the main eventers could make more, but you would still have plenty of other high level fighters on the card that couldn't be paid millions of dollars.

You also ignore the fundamental differences in business models. The UFC puts on stacked cards with multiple title fights, multiple high level fighters, multiple legends. Now, you tell me who fought in the Mayweather card?

Mayweather actually promotes the fights. So, if he paid his opponent 20%, that's similar to the UFC paying the fighters 20% and keeping the rest for himself.

And the last thing is that, while Logan MAY have made more money than any other UFC fighter, except for Conor, i see no evidence that Jake did too. UFC champions making millions of dollars is an actual thing. Rampage used to make 1.5m many years ago. Couture too. Lesnar made at least 5-10million. Cormier makes 1 million. Jon makes a few million.

Yeah, they don't make 300 million like Mayweather, but they also don't have over 20M followers on Instagram and promote their own events.

Do you know how much Mayweather was making before the De La Hoya fight? 1 million, 2 million, 3 million. And there was a time where he was already one of the best in the world, with multiple world titles, and was making around 300k a fight.

Yeah, if you are a huge name you can make a lot of money anywhere. But boxing doesn't pay big bucks to people just because they can box. You have plenty of great boxers who make shit. Oh, and Gervonta David, a pretty popular undefeated world champion made 1 million in a fight not too long ago. So get your facts straight. It's not like every boxing is cracking dozens of millions of dollars a fight. You have an handful who are. And needless to say, boxing is still a much more popular sport than MMA world wide. I still know plenty of people who have no idea what MMA is. Everyone knows boxing.

Last edited:
How come guys like Stipe and Francis Ngannou make tens of millions? They are extremely charismatic and both have show biz personalities. I really can’t comprehend this.
Odd since neither have ever made $10 million in the UFC. They likely haven't even gotten past the $5 million payday mark.
Because the UFC has 724 fighters on the roster and the boxers on your undercard prbly made 15,000
So if the UFC halved its the roster, they would then pay that money to the remaining fighters?
I guess as fans we could buy more PPV's like their fans do aswell but that's not the answer any of us wanted to hear.
So why does a boxer who sells 250k buys on PPV make several times more than a UFC champ selling 1 million buys?
Boxing is still bigger than cage fighting.
But what does that have to do with singular paydays? Even if we control for popularity or revenue, top tier boxers are usually making significantly more than UFC fighters.
The main event is usually the only thing that matters, while in the UFC you usually have multiple world champs and legends fighting in the same card.
And yet, even if we combined the entire UFC main card, they are still not making the money a boxing headlining pair would make.

You have plenty of great boxers who make shit.
Can you give me some examples of modern boxers who make shit money?
Oh, and Gervonta David, a pretty popular undefeated world champion made 1 million in a fight not too long ago.
You're looking at it backwards, he's a relatively unproven champion by boxing standards. So effectively, he's the equivalent of a top 2 or 3 UFC fighter at FW or BW. Do you seen any top 10 UFC BWs making million dollar paydays?

Odd since neither have ever made $10 million in the UFC. They likely haven't even gotten past the $5 million payday mark.
Have you ever heard of Sarcasm? His UFC record is 0-2 and he also makes millions.

Can you give me some examples of modern boxers who make shit money?

You're looking at it backwards, he's a relatively unproven champion by boxing standards. So effectively, he's the equivalent of a top 2 or 3 UFC fighter at FW or BW. Do you seen any top 10 UFC BWs making million dollar paydays?

Go look up the salaries of every fight that isn't a title match main event. Boxers often make pretty shitty money.

And i disagree with you. Gervonta is one of the most well known modern boxers and has been pushed really hard by Mayweather. His 1 million is really not impressive at all.

Go look up the salaries of every fight that isn't a title match main event. Boxers often make pretty shitty money.
I have, have you? Give me names of boxers you think are not outearning their UFC peers. There is a section in the payscale where that happens, but you seem to vastly overestimate the range of it.

And i disagree with you. Gervonta is one of the most well known modern boxers and has been pushed really hard by Mayweather. His 1 million is really not impressive at all.
Who would you say is an equivalent UFC fighter? You're vastly overrating Davis. He's a good boxer, but he's yet to prove his drawing power or even elite abilities. Again, he hasn't even prove his dominance in a division, he's not the equivalent of a UFC champ in practical terms. Whether or not he's been pushed hard is irrelevant, he isn't Canelo or any of the big stars. I'm not even sure he's ahead of guys in his weight neighborhood in terms of starpower.

Please put a TLDR version in the main page or ban yourself. Thank you

I can't believe people can't understand that this about % of total revenue.

I would argue the OP is one of the many people that doesn't understand how the economy works. The number one reason they make more than UFC fighters is for the simple fact they do not need the UFC to put on their events. The Fertittas built an industry where the UFC gets to keep the vast majority of the revenue. That's the simple truth that for whatever reasons a lot of fans seem psychological incapable of admitting.

Paul bros fight for money, ufc bros fight for prestige. You want that money? Grow that fan base

I would argue the OP is one of the many people that doesn't understand how the economy works. The number one reason they make more than UFC fighters is for the simple fact they do not need the UFC to put on their events. The Fertittas built an industry where the UFC gets to keep the vast majority of the revenue. That's the simple truth that for whatever reasons a lot of fans seem psychological incapable of admitting.
They built a business where this is currently true. Not an industry.

I have, have you? Give me names of boxers you think are not outearning their UFC peers. There is a section in the payscale where that happens, but you seem to vastly overestimate the range of it.

Who would you say is an equivalent UFC fighter? You're vastly overrating Davis. He's a good boxer, but he's yet to prove his drawing power or even elite abilities. Again, he hasn't even prove his dominance in a division, he's not the equivalent of a UFC champ in practical terms. Whether or not he's been pushed hard is irrelevant, he isn't Canelo or any of the big stars. I'm not even sure he's ahead of guys in his weight neighborhood in terms of starpower.

You’re leaving out that a lot of the blue line has nothing to do with the ufc.

Damn, these moron social media guys keep clowning and giving Dana and the UFC L after L. How embarrassing.

Didn't Dana now recently say he wouldn't rule out one of these clowns in the "Superbowl of MMA" LOL as they mock the type of pay they would get there.

You’re leaving out that a lot of the blue line has nothing to do with the ufc.
The title of the graph explicitly say it's overall industry purses. I'm assuming the other guy can read the title of the graph.

The title of the graph explicitly say it's overall industry purses. I'm assuming the other guy can read the title of the graph.
But you know that only a small section is ufc…

But you know that only a small section is ufc…
I'm sorry I didn't go through the effort of cropping a graph that anyone commentating on fighter pay should be able to understand which section is the UFC?

Back